Clothing for COCO's super-cute ball joint doll avatar?

Katherine Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone have any idea besides the very small handful of clothing in the COCO BJD outlet store, if anyone else makes clothing for that specific BJD? Can't seem to find anything on the MP.

Or is there another BJD avatar that offers the same level of quality (and selection of heads) that COCO does?

Curious minds wanna know, thanks!

• Like 1

Honestly there's nothing third-party rigged for any of the dollCoco bodies, and since they don't have alphas you're going to struggle to get anything to fit; to the best of my memory, the upper back sticks out of every mesh blouse I've ever tried. There's the occasional sundress that looks ok from the front:

tumblr_ovkioeF7M61rel8qro1_400.png

For a few hundred lindens you can upgrade to their fitted mesh body, which has a little more clothing available and comes in a few more segments, a bit like having supermassive alpha cuts (here it is in a freebie dress from hitogata):

80663f1da820f37519d0e2bf18513a68d2676ef1parasol_007.png.19dd66056c7da9bcf12b91e2ba7ef3e8.png

You might be able to make your own alphas if you get the mod version? though it's not BOM, and I doubt it's SLUV,  so probably more trouble than it's worth unless you enjoy modding for its own sake. So yeah. My BJD av gets by with tattooed joints on a standard mesh body, because she likes clothes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

You might be able to make your own alphas if you get the mod version? though it's not BOM, and I doubt it's SLUV,  so probably more trouble than it's worth unless you enjoy modding for its own sake. So yeah. My BJD av gets by with tattooed joints on a standard mesh body, because she likes clothes.

Mine are modify, and they come with all the textures. So I Bomified mine. I made custom alphas and even some BOM makeups :)

Just wanted to add; the BOM makeups and textures are all unique to the doll.  It does not use the SLUV for head and body, so they need to be made specifically to fit the doll, using the Aux channels.  

Edited by Tarani Tempest
additional info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone. Also, I had never thought of using simply a BOM or tattoos for "simulating" the BJD joints. Interesting idea and one I may want to explore a bit more. That would mean a new head (more doll like than Lelutka) and skins but probably worth demoing.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

Just adding my two cents;  if you want to do ball jointed doll look then Sweet Thing have: Sweet Thing. Ball-Jointed Doll, Blush + Shine (comes with BOM, Legacy, Maitreya and Omega support) then you can do this way and then go from there as did for Halloween one year but a creepy version.

• Like 3

I use that BJD set from Sweet Thing for my doll avatar. It's fab! You'll get both BOM and appliers and can layer and tint and the shine and blush are really nice. Very worth.

I actually use one of my older Akeruka(AK) giveaway heads for that avatar as it can sort of look rather plastic if you really play with materials and shine and facial expressions enough 😂

• Like 2

I've only now just realized there is the "old" doll and the upgraded doll. The later one *(thanks so much for the LM @Sparkle Bunny!!) as pointed out has a lot larger clothing selection and enough different outfits to make me happy. Yay!!! And the new faces are super cute!!!

Plus COCO is being super generous with the gifts for the new creation. Love COCO!

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

I've only now just realized there is the "old" doll and the upgraded doll. The later one *(thanks so much for the LM @Sparkle Bunny!!) as pointed out has a lot larger clothing selection and enough different outfits to make me happy. Yay!!! And the new faces are super cute!!!

Plus COCO is being super generous with the gifts for the new creation. Love COCO!

Thanks everyone!

Just got this in my notifications and thought you might like the info...

WIP - Doll Modification | A project I have been working on a… | Flickr

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.