About Land contros are disabled

KatePlus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes ban lines of any type are not possible on the newer style Linden Homes and that is why it is not possible to set them in the access tab. You can still ban avatars and use security orbs providing that they adhere to the covenant for the land.

Copied from the Second Like Wiki......

*Linden Homes do not have the ability to set your parcel access to group access only (which creates ban lines for everyone else). You can still eject 
   and manually ban people by name in the parcel access settings in About Land options.
 *Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
    -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
    -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
    -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are 
   allowed)
    -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not positive about it, but it may be that they don't allow ban lines in the linden home areas..

That's correct.  Those options are only available if you untick the first box, which would create ban lines.  

20 minutes ago, KatePlus said:

Why my about land controls are disabled?

What I want is: to restrict the access into my linden home but as you can see my about land shows me all controls disabled

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

aboutland.jpg

Use the home controls or the included security orb that comes with your Linden home.  You can still add people and ban people on the access tab.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KatePlus said:

Why my about land controls are disabled?

What I want is: to restrict the access into my linden home but as you can see my about land shows me all controls disabled

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

aboutland.jpg

Linden Lab owns the Belli estate and if you read the convent tab. It probably tells you those settings have been disabled by Linden Lab.

5 minutes ago, KatePlus said:

thanks everyone for your help, and yes you are right, ban lines are not able in new linden homes... i guess i should do it using a group if anyone know how to do it... smiles

Read the covenant! It tells you everything you need to know. You can't deed to a group either.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, KatePlus said:

thanks everyone for your help, and yes you are right, ban lines are not able in new linden homes... i guess i should do it using a group if anyone know how to do it... smiles

The security system provided by Linden Lab in the content creation pack can be set to allow access to a group, that way you don't have to manually add all names to the access list.

Separately from the security system, you can also give others access to open doors and windows through the control panel by the front door inside the house. However, that functionality can't be set to group. You'll have to manually add the names of those you want to give permission to open doors and windows. Since the security system will anyway push unwanted visitors away from your property, you can safely set the door and window access to "anyone" if you don't want to bother with adding every name to the access list. 

I knew all of the above when I got my Linden Home. I haven't done anything to "secure" it, not even turn off avatar visibility.

I figure nobody can steal the silver or even muss the sheets, and I like having strangers drop in unexpectedly. It either leads to a pleasant afternoon and a new friendship, or a lot of fun baiting-and-banning an arsehole.

Nobody's visited since I moved in, though. It's a very quiet neighborhood.

The one thing I WASN'T expecting is that double-click teleporting doesn't work. It drops me into the ocean at a set region teleport spot.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The one thing I WASN'T expecting is that double-click teleporting doesn't work. It drops me into the ocean at a set region teleport spot.

That shouldn't happen; the Moles have messed up the region settings there. I would raise a ticket for that.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 1

Bellisseria might not allow you to control access to your parcel other than adding people to your ban list but the older MK1 Linden homes do allow this. 

What I have found in Bellisseria is almost no one deliberately tries to get in to your home uninvited. Lag or a bad region crossing or bad LM can lead to unintentional straying on to your property

• Like 1

My doors are always wide open.
Never saw a single soul in my Bellisserian house while I was there. And I had dozens of them on several places. Most Bellisserian sims have almost zero traffic.
I once started a conversation with a neighbor. Just a nice polite chit chat about how nice she decorated her houseboat.
Five minutes later she abandoned the boat.
I guess she did not like a talkative neighbor who could cam into her houseboat.
Some people think about SL as a hostile place.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

@Sid NagyI actually just had two people pop in my house while I was reading the forums a few hours ago, I have no idea who they were and I was surprised to see them there but happy to have guests.  Not wanting to scare them away, I promptly just hid away behind my AFK I had been in while they explored my home.  If I had social skills that extended beyond that of a tulip, I would have entertained them 🤣 That is the first time I have had unexpected guests in my home since Bellisseria had just opened 🙃

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:38 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I figure nobody can steal the silver or even muss the sheets.

I have a bowl of apples in the kitchen of my Belli house. Anyone can take an apple, but only the owner can refill the bowl. One day, the number of apples left dropped from 8 to 7. So I'd had a visitor. Not a problem.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:38 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I have my parcel's landing point set outside the front door, which seems reasonable. I don't use double-click teleporting myself; it seems like cheating.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 11:27 AM, KatePlus said:

got it!

if anyone interested: you can get a security device into your content creation pack included in your mailbox (in front of your house)

it works perfect... smiles

I hate security devices.  

btw I dont move unless I DC .. unless a region disallows movement that is easy.. of course I do not stick around in those places long.

9 hours ago, animats said:

I have a bowl of apples in the kitchen of my Belli house. Anyone can take an apple, but only the owner can refill the bowl. One day, the number of apples left dropped from 8 to 7. So I'd had a visitor. Not a problem.

I had a case of beer in my kitchen for months that does the same. No one ever took one except me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.