How do I move Received Items into my Inventory?

shinpachi99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I made my first purchase from the Second Life MarketPlace.  The item, a pair of faiery wings, shows that it's in the Received Items folder, but I don't know how to move it into my inventory.  (When I right-click on it now,  it says, "add to current outfit", but it just shows up as a shopping bag in my hands.)  Please help.

3 answers to this question

Click the bag and it may start unpacking itself into your inventory.

If that doesn't happen, drag the bag from inventory onto the ground - ideally, a prim (made from your BUILD menu) or actual ground / terrain. (Rezzing on mesh can be problematic.) Now click the bag and it may start unpacking.

If you rezzed it, clicked it and nothing happens, rightclick the bag and from the drop down, choose OPEN - that will unpack the contents into your inventory.

Welcome to Second Life!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shinpachi99 said:

I made my first purchase from the Second Life MarketPlace.  The item, a pair of faiery wings, shows that it's in the Received Items folder, but I don't know how to move it into my inventory.  (When I right-click on it now,  it says, "add to current outfit", but it just shows up as a shopping bag in my hands.)  Please help.

You can just left-click & drag the folders out of your Received Items folder and into your main inventory.

• Thanks 1

You can move items from one folder (e.g., Received Items) to another by simply dragging it and dropping it on the new folder, or choosing CUT, navigating to the destination folder, and choosing PASTE.

But that doesn't solve your OTHER problem, which is that shopping bag on your hand. Many items sold in world and on the Marketplace come in boxes. These boxes can look like many things...the shopping bag on your hand, a flat sign, or an actual box. The appearance of the box isn't important; its importance is that it contains your stuff.  If you right click any prim and choose Edit, you'll see a tab of the Edit window labeled Content. This is an exciting property of Second Life objects...they can contain OTHER objects, as well as scripts, textures, animations, landmarks and notecards.

The old-school way to open a box is to drag it from your inventory and drop it on the ground (on land where you are allowed to rez objects), then right click it and choose Open. Then you can highlight the box's contents and drag it/them back into your inventory, dropping them in a folder where you want to keep them. From there, just right click the Fairy Wings object and choose Add to attach them to your avatar.

Over time, creators have tried to come up with ways to make this unpacking process easier. The result is that you can sometimes be confused about just how to open a thing. Many boxes will automatically offer you their contents when you either Add them (attach a shopping bag to your hand) or drag them onto the ground nearby. Or they will make the offer if you touch (left click) them. A few of them are HUDs and appear on your screen when you Add them. In that case, you click the HUD to get the contents delivered to your inventory.

For the official word on boxes, see this link:

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.