About Genus Head, can you guys help me?

Daria90s

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Hi everyone!🤗 , I started playing second life about 4 years ago, but 4 years ago I played for only 1 month and quit. A few days ago I came back to the game thanks to an ad and after some research I found the Genus head. But no matter how many tutorials I watched for a few hours, I couldn't manage to dress the head properly, my avatar is still a beginner avatar... I don't really know what to do so I decided to ask here, is there a tutorial that can really help or someone who can explain patiently?  Thank you in advance, because this situation is really frustrating...
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

What exactly is the problem you're having? Which Genus head do you have? Did you get a mesh body to match your Genus head? Have you purchased a skin to go on it?

I solved the problem! But thank you anyway Blaise! No one responded except you. hugs...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daria90s said:

I solved the problem! But thank you anyway Blaise! No one responded except you. hugs...

I've been using a Genus head since the first one was in Beta and, honestly, I still struggle with it. It's a great looking head: I'm really happy with how it looks (mostly), but the HUDs . . . OMG. I've been trying to help a friend who has started using one for the first time recently, and I'll give her some advice, and discover 10 minutes later that I'm wrong. But maybe that's just my own general level of incompetence?

We'd love to see what you've done! You should post a pic of your new look here!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've been using a Genus head since the first one was in Beta and, honestly, I still struggle with it. It's a great looking head: I'm really happy with how it looks (mostly), but the HUDs . . . OMG. I've been trying to help a friend who has started using one for the first time recently, and I'll give her some advice, and discover 10 minutes later that I'm wrong. But maybe that's just my own general level of incompetence?

It's not, Scylla. Some of their features are not as intuitive as with other brands IMO but they have a good support group inworld.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

We'd love to see what you've done! You should post a pic of your new look here!

I loved my Genus head :)  But yes, the hud was a nightmare, the animations glitched, and the neck has yet to be updated to the universal neck (unless this happened in the past year -- it could have) so I eventually moved away from it when I picked up the HDPro Queen when it was on sale for 1 linden.  I mean, I had nothing to lose... and I was able to get a look I loved with zero neckline.

If it weren't for that, though, I'd probably still be in my Genus.  Lelutka makes beautiful heads, but shaping them just never works for me.  I have a certain aesthetic and I have not yet worked out how to make that happen with their rigging... but the beauty of SL is that we have so many options :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I loved my Genus head :)  But yes, the hud was a nightmare, the animations glitched, and the neck has yet to be updated to the universal neck (unless this happened in the past year -- it could have) so I eventually moved away from it when I picked up the HDPro Queen when it was on sale for 1 linden.  I mean, I had nothing to lose... and I was able to get a look I loved with zero neckline.

Nope, no update as of yet! I'm in the Genus Discord, and we've been hearing updates are Coming Soon™️ for quite a bit now, so they are working on them. They're in the testing phase, it seems. Hopefully they'll be along any day (week, month) now.

I believe the universal neck is part of the update, as is HD makeup. Not many other details yet, though. Oh wait, I lie. A male version is on the way at some point, as well.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.