"Spare no expense" Zuck ordered!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

I was reading today 'Meta' is building the world's fastest AI Supercomputer to dived head first into the Metaverse.  Reminds me of the scene from Jurassic Park .... and that turned out so well,,,

Meta is building the 'world's fastest AI SUPERCOMPUTER' | Daily Mail Online

Since it's 'Zuck🙄 we're talking about the first thing that springs to my mind isn't Jurassic Park or even The Matrix or Skynet from Terminator but this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Building big supercomputers is not going to convince people to wear big sweaty motion-sickness-inducing expensive VR-goggles for many hours in a day, a time-span similar to the engagement people now have for the 2D Facebook website, or convince them to spend lots of money on big beefy gaming computers with big beefy graphics cards that are scarce and currently go for thousands of dollars above manufacturers' suggested retail price- cards that are required to deal with said VR-goggles. Also: yeah, go right ahead, spare no expense. https://hbr.org/2012/03/the-silver-lining-to-scarcity

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

...and to spend lots of money on  big beefy gaming computers with big beefy graphics cards that are scarce and go for thousands of dollars above manufacturers' suggested retail price, which are required for said VR-goggles...

Prices driven skywayrds by idiot Crypto Bros in their never-ending quest for free money 😕 Crypto mining has to the the *****tiest real-world cosplay of in-game grinding. It's literally cooking the planet and eating up resources that could be better applied.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.