Advice on missing inventory needed please!

Beth Lamplugh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi All

I have a few Gacha shops on the grid.  On Monday I'd redecorated a sale stall on one of the sims that I rent a shop on ready for the promotional event we have.  I'd put out around 2000L work of no copy/transfer Gacha items.  When I next logged on on Wednesday morning (GMT) I was surprised to see that the stall her reverted back to how it was on Monday before I changed the Gacha items...even down to the textures of the wall and floor! I thought I was going mad for a while!  I've double checked my inventory and the new items that I'd put out for sale have gone...they're not in my inventory nor are they on my stall.  I've submitted a support request to the Lindens but as yet haven't heard anything.  Please can anyone advise me on what to do or if there's a way to get my lost inventory back...or have those items been lost in the virtual ether for good?  Thanks so much!  Beth x

4 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Beth Lamplugh said:

Hi All

I have a few Gacha shops on the grid.  On Monday I'd redecorated a sale stall on one of the sims that I rent a shop on ready for the promotional event we have.  I'd put out around 2000L work of no copy/transfer Gacha items.  When I next logged on on Wednesday morning (GMT) I was surprised to see that the stall her reverted back to how it was on Monday before I changed the Gacha items...even down to the textures of the wall and floor! I thought I was going mad for a while!  I've double checked my inventory and the new items that I'd put out for sale have gone...they're not in my inventory nor are they on my stall.  I've submitted a support request to the Lindens but as yet haven't heard anything.  Please can anyone advise me on what to do or if there's a way to get my lost inventory back...or have those items been lost in the virtual ether for good?  Thanks so much!  Beth x

Sounds like something may have gone wrong during the region restarts. The Lindens should be able to do a roll-back of the region, to get your stuff back. You'll have to wait for them to get back to you. If you're premium, hop into support chat to speed up the process. If it's a private region, ask the region's owner to request a roll-back from Linden Lab.

Edited by davidventer
Fixing Typos
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 10:16 AM, davidventer said:

Pro-tip for the future: Try to avoid placing no-copy objects right before the lab does rolling restarts (Tuesdays, usually). Wait until after the restarts. 

Thanks for the advice.  I always try not to rezz any no copy items before or after the rolling restarts, just in case they go missing. Apparently my missing items haven't been found but I have been reimbursed.  First time in 15 years of SL that I've had this problem, so I shouldn't complain too much! :) Thanks once again 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.