Please enforce search attributes in Marketplace!

reesebreitling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The developers of the Marketplace should clean it up. If I tick the "Omit DEMO items" in the search criteria, still a million DEMO items show up. Linden should be more strict with merchants and punish all that clickbait. It makes users lose a LOT of time going through a million search results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sadly I would suspect that the ability to flag items as a demo was added after many of those demo items were actually listed and a great many MP listings are sadly not actively updated and maintained by merchants (using the links to see in Second Life and you are taken to open air thousands of feet above a sim that has changed hands multiple times).

However in the keyword search try adding (without the quotes) "NOT demo" and that should omit listings with the word demo in them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 11:47 AM, reesebreitling said:

The developers of the Marketplace should clean it up. If I tick the "Omit DEMO items" in the search criteria, still a million DEMO items show up. Linden should be more strict with merchants and punish all that clickbait. It makes users lose a LOT of time going through a million search results.

When time permits, Flag every single one:  'Disallowed Listing Practice / Demo not linked to Full Version'.

Sometimes, when I'm bored and in a mood, I'll go looking for listing violations --- Demos not linked to the full version, keyword spamming, etc....

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

When time permits, Flag every single one:  'Disallowed Listing Practice / Demo not linked to Full Version'.

Sometimes, when I'm bored and in a mood, I'll go looking for listing violations --- Demos not linked to the full version, keyword spamming, etc....

You really expect a person to just sit around and flag hundreds of items? I would legit start asking for a paycheck from LL. No one should waste time like that for free. And LL shouldn't expect their users to waste time like that for free.

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.