How to make a simple sign clickable?

BHXSpecterPhoenix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You just put your script right into the mesh.  In fact, use the Edit option in your viewer, open the Contents tab, and click "New Script".  That will create a basic "Hello, Avatar" script that is clickable.  Modify that to do what you want.

Well what made me wonder was I made a simple square mesh sign and dragged the CasperTech Rez 2 Anchor and Setup scripts into it, but it's not registering me clicking them. If I create a prim and link the sign to the prim and drop the scripts in the prim then the sign works and lets me pair builds. 

Seems to be a odd thing where I have to drag the setup script in first, then the anchor script and the mesh functions. I've noticed this is the same for Maitreya and the tattoo creation. If you save the UUID in maitreya's NC and drag all scripts and NC at one time it won't work correctly. You have to drag scripts first then NC. Solved the problem though. Thank you all for guessing the issue. 

14 minutes ago, BHXSpecterPhoenix said:

If you save the UUID in maitreya's NC and drag all scripts and NC at one time it won't work correctly. You have to drag scripts first then NC.

Here's why ... The script needs to know that the notecard is there before it can do anything with it. It "learns" that the notecard is present as part of its own startup sequence -- usually in the state_entry event that is triggered whenever the script is restarted. So, most scripters write code in such a way as to force a script to restart if it is in a newly-rezzed object or (sometimes) if someone adds or removes something from the object that the script is in.  It sounds like yours is one of them.  If you ever have this sort of problem again, just remember that the script needs to be reset before it can do anything. If rezzing it or dropping a notecard into it doesn't reset it automatically, just restart it manually.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.