If any designers are reading this, money awaits... (aka what's your wishlist?)

Akane Nacht

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As mentioned on a recent thread I would like to see some "hair fringe" that can be used with hats. So hair that has no crown part that pokes through hats that come WITHOUT HAIR :D.  I have some great hats but want a bit of "real hair" hanging down to look realistic. Hair bases really don't do that much for full sized hats.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

As mentioned on a recent thread I would like to see some "hair fringe" that can be used with hats. So hair that has no crown part that pokes through hats that come WITHOUT HAIR :D.  I have some great hats but want a bit of "real hair" hanging down to look realistic. Hair bases really don't do that much for full sized hats.  

Chic, have you tried Couture Chapeau at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lorena Blue/106/232/26? I seem to remember that they had some hair that was designed to fit under their hats, but this was a very long time ago. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

As mentioned on a recent thread I would like to see some "hair fringe" that can be used with hats. 

I'd probably use modifiable hair-with-hat (separate meshes) and swap hats. I think Lock&Tuft might have something you could use for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 8:15 PM, Akane Nacht said:

I took up the idea as suggested in another thread!  

So, as customers, what would you love to wear or use that is currently lacking (or small selection) in SL?

Here's my list:

- Traditional/historical costumes: India, China, Mongolia, Eastern Europe, Russia (including simple clothes, not all royalty)
- Contemporary fashion: Indian, Mongolian (I like traditional-modern blend eg Ritu Kumar, O.Urantsetseg style)
- Footwear, hats to match all the above (bless creators who include footwear with the outfit!)
- Historical hairstyles (I love elaborate braids)

REPEAT on the marketplace has you covered for various styles of hijabs. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/16943

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2022 at 5:15 AM, Akane Nacht said:

If any designers are reading this, money awaits... (aka what's your  my wishlist?)

(Fixed that for you.)

Trust me if I say that most designers in SL have their plates full with projects already. And maybe, some stuff in your wish list is in there too. The problem is: maybe you are willing to pay for it, but maybe others don't. Who will know?

I bet designers on average have more experience with what sells and what does not than the average consumer.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Trust me if I say that most designers in SL have their plates full with projects already. And maybe, some stuff in your wish list is in there too. The problem is: maybe you are willing to pay for it, but maybe others don't. Who will know?

I bet designers on average have more experience with what sells and what does not than the average consumer.

as a creator I 100% can confirm this. 

however, I find this thread super interesting as there is lots of inspiration and ideas that can be adapted nicely! at least I find myself already browsing and sketching ideas from pieces I read in here. so thank you to everyone contributing ideas!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I would so pay for this.

During my first three months in sl without paying details where I did not speak to anyone and was very happy, I visited a field somewhere and there existed transparent bubbles where one could sit on and travel high in the sky. I did not pay anything anywhere then...  It is a so precious memory.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mortified Wanderer said:

Just a little more clothing for the maitreya flat chest would be nice, maybe more gothic lolita outfits?

There are a few outfits that were made for Maitreya before their Petite and Flat options existed that I'd love to see updated to include both.

More than once, I have had to pass a nice outfit by, because it is built only for the main Lara.

Edited by Solar Legion
Capitalization
  • Like 2

Some of these are repeats but:

- masculine head for femmine bodies for those of that are masc leaning in our andro ways.

- more unisex clothing that covers a range of styles.  Cute lolita coords for masc bodies, extravagant  suit coture for femmnone bodies.

-  More plus size friendly bodies, heads and skins,

- More clothing based on styles from around the world.

- Kawaii/Japanese  street fashion that actually  looks like it came from japan. Instead of the usual club and underwear but in pastel stuff.

Edited by Robin Kiyori
  • Like 5

On 2/8/2022 at 12:31 AM, Matilda Melune said:

REPEAT on the marketplace has you covered for various styles of hijabs. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/16943

oh cool, I didn't know about that shop so thanks for sharing it! I see a baju kurung that looks just like one I have in RL 😁

23 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

(Fixed that for you.)

Ok, well if any designers are stuck for ideas, here's a free survey for them!

7 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Magika's newest release (celeste) looks just like that.

/me drops everything and goes to look...

• Like 2

I can also get behind more uniforms for ladies, as well as dresses for the blokes. And when I say uniforms, I mean practical gear that would be seen on real life military and first responders. And for goodness sake,  practical flat boots for women!

Another thing that would be lovely is clothing that layers well, in terms of tops and bottoms that go together, and do not clip through one another. Occasionally, I will get lucky and wear things from a few different designers that fit well together.  Though with that said, I've gone through my share of trial and error in this respect, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Also, for all you hair designers out there, more styles that work with hats are always nice, as well as mirrored variants of hairs that can be "parted" to either side. And massive kudos to those who have found that perfect shade of dark/dishwater blonde, light brown with little to no tinting on my part necessary.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SlammedSam said:

I can also get behind more uniforms for ladies, as well as dresses for the blokes. And when I say uniforms, I mean practical gear that would be seen on real life military and first responders. And for goodness sake,  practical flat boots for women!

Another thing that would be lovely is clothing that layers well, in terms of tops and bottoms that go together, and do not clip through one another. Occasionally, I will get lucky and wear things from a few different designers that fit well together.  Though with that said, I've gone through my share of trial and error in this respect, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Also, for all you hair designers out there, more styles that work with hats are always nice, as well as mirrored variants of hairs that can be "parted" to either side. And massive kudos to those who have found that perfect shade of dark/dishwater blonde, light brown with little to no tinting on my part necessary.

Blueberry has several flat boot styles. Because I seldom wear high heels in RL, I prefer a lower heel on my shoes and boots in SL. When I do wear heels, I prefer mid height, if possible. I know SL is a fantasy world, but wearing those super high heels makes me imagine how much my feet would hurt and how easy it would be to twist an ankle in them.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.