If any designers are reading this, money awaits... (aka what's your wishlist?)

Akane Nacht

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I took up the idea as suggested in another thread!  

So, as customers, what would you love to wear or use that is currently lacking (or small selection) in SL?

Here's my list:

- Traditional/historical costumes: India, China, Mongolia, Eastern Europe, Russia (including simple clothes, not all royalty)
- Contemporary fashion: Indian, Mongolian (I like traditional-modern blend eg Ritu Kumar, O.Urantsetseg style)
- Footwear, hats to match all the above (bless creators who include footwear with the outfit!)
- Historical hairstyles (I love elaborate braids)

I mostly buy fashion items, so I'm not familiar enough with what's out there for buildings and decor, but please share your ideas on that too if you like. I'm already astonished at the quality of vehicles and pets available, but I don't regularly buy those either so can't think of anything lacking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

So, as customers, what would you love to wear or use that is currently lacking (or small selection) in SL?

Here's my list:

- Traditional/historical costumes: India, China, Mongolia, Eastern Europe, Russia (including simple clothes, not all royalty)
- Contemporary fashion: Indian, Mongolian (I like traditional-modern blend eg Ritu Kumar, O.Urantsetseg style)
- Footwear, hats to match all the above (bless creators who include footwear with the outfit!)

I mostly buy fashion items, so I'm not familiar enough with what's out there for buildings and decor, but please share your ideas on that too if you like. I'm already astonished at the quality of vehicles and pets available, but I don't regularly buy those either so can't think of anything lacking.

The only store I'm aware of with traditional India clothing is Zaara.  She has some beautiful outfits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

Here's my list:

YES! to all of this. SL is a fantasy world. Let's have more clothing that is not just sexy, skimpy streetwear. Ball gowns don't seem to be very popular, but more cross-cultural, historical, sci-fi and fantasy clothing would be nice.

• Like 4

Ahhhhh we have a thread! Wheeeeee!

frozen-happy.gif

Oh gosh, okay so my list is going to be a THING. Don't say I didn't warn ya. 😂❤️

- Clothing fit for both male and female bodies. I know, I'm starting with a huge ask right out the gate (please don't hate me), but I have seen so many cute sweatpants, jeans, tops, coats, jackets, etc. that would look KILLER on Maitreya but only rigged for Legacy Male or Jake. The reverse is also true - my male avies are NOT afraid to rock dresses and long skirts. My bodies are ready!

- Speaking of the above, shoutout to the mesh body creators - I love you all, but if you could maybe add mid and/or high foot states to your male bodies in the future, I would be in your debt forever. I wear high-heeled platform shoes & boots on my guys (listen, I told y'all this list would be a THING) and while I can and do alpha the feet out, sometimes I need a tad bit more ankle to show or want to rock a pair of boots with cutouts and having an invisible foot just doesn't cut it. I have fiddled with a wonky solution (Slink female feet + my Legacy Male body) and that works fantastically - as long as I wear very long pants to cover the obvious mismatch in the ankle, ahhh. This is definitely never going to happen, but a girl can dream!

- Alternative fashion - goth, punk, steampunk, more cyberpunk, fantasy, techwear, grunge, glam rock, cosplay, vintage, boho, rockabilly fashion and more. I'd love to see this extend into other fashion markets, as well - Wedding/bridal, sleepwear/loungewear, swimwear, lingerie, jewelry, accessories, hair, and more. Going slightly further - home and garden decor, too.

- Business wear - suits for female bodies, but the guys need more love here, too.

- Same as above for formals. I'd love to see tuxes for female bodies, as well.

- More clothing for flat and petite chest mods.

- Furry accessories - I'd love more glasses. I know we've got wire frames, but I'm thinking of those cute plastic retro cat eye styles. Goggles. Sunglasses. Monocles.

-  And finally!!!! - I adore hats, but since that falls under hair (usually) - more hair with hats, I guess? And when I say hats, I don't mean the usual. Listen...make me look ridiculous. I'm all for it. Silly fascinators galore!

bb80b0644d440a4da7bb17ad2d22d4fc--tea-pa

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ahhhhh we have a thread! Wheeeeee!

frozen-happy.gif

Oh gosh, okay so my list is going to be a THING. Don't say I didn't warn ya. 😂❤️

- Clothing fit for both male and female bodies. I know, I'm starting with a huge ask right out the gate (please don't hate me), but I have seen so many cute sweatpants, jeans, tops, coats, jackets, etc. that would look KILLER on Maitreya but only rigged for Legacy Male or Jake. The reverse is also true - my male avies are NOT afraid to rock dresses and long skirts. My bodies are ready!

- Speaking of the above, shoutout to the mesh body creators - I love you all, but if you could maybe add mid and/or high foot states to your male bodies in the future, I would be in your debt forever. I wear high-heeled platform shoes & boots on my guys (listen, I told y'all this list would be a THING) and while I can and do alpha the feet out, sometimes I need a tad bit more ankle to show or want to rock a pair of boots with cutouts and having an invisible foot just doesn't cut it. I have fiddled with a wonky solution (Slink female feet + my Legacy Male body) and that works fantastically - as long as I wear very long pants to cover the obvious mismatch in the ankle, ahhh. This is definitely never going to happen, but a girl can dream!

- Alternative fashion - goth, punk, steampunk, more cyberpunk, fantasy, techwear, grunge, glam rock, cosplay, vintage, boho, rockabilly fashion and more. I'd love to see this extend into other fashion markets, as well - Wedding/bridal, sleepwear/loungewear, swimwear, lingerie, jewelry, accessories, hair, and more. Going slightly further - home and garden decor, too.

- Business wear - suits for female bodies, but the guys need more love here, too.

- Same as above for formals. I'd love to see tuxes for female bodies, as well.

- Furry accessories - I'd love more glasses. I know we've got wire frames, but I'm thinking of those cute plastic retro cat eye styles. Goggles. Sunglasses. Monocles.

-  And finally!!!! - I adore hats, but since that falls under hair (usually) - more hair with hats, I guess? And when I say hats, I don't mean the usual. Listen...make me look ridiculous. I'm all for it. Silly fascinators galore!

bb80b0644d440a4da7bb17ad2d22d4fc--tea-pa

As an Andro type, I second the above, bolded bits. Doubly so seeing as I am far more likely at present to be Anthroomorphic (it is not as easy as I'd like to use the Petite as the type of Andro I am - Femme upper, Male lower) and I still have to stick to darker fur coloring!

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2

More clothes that look like styles real people would wear, instead of *****wear.

But besides the styles, what I really want to see is:

• Mesh clothes that automatically set the alphas of your mesh body
  • Mesh clothing where the alpha cuts are neither too much, causing invisible bits outside the clothes, or too little, causing skin to poke through
  • Multiple piece mesh outfits where the pieces don't poke through the pieces worn over them
  • Different outfits designed to work with other outfits for more mix and match
  • Realistic textures

In other words, I want the creators to pay attention to the details!

I know that all this is possible. Yesterday I found a beautiful business suit at a new-to-me store called Erratic. It was a jacket and pants. Nearby, they also sold a bustier and a pencil skirt, both of which worked perfectly with the suit. The jacket had a buttoned and unbuttoned version, and the fatpacks of all these items had tons of actually usable color/texture choices that allowed both matching, and using different colors for the different parts that still worked together. I tried the demos, and it was all so perfect! The only problem...buying the fatpacks of the 3 items (suit, skirt, bustier) would've cost me about $L10K, or $40 USD. Ouch!!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

As an Andro type, I second the above, bolded bits. Doubly so seeing as I am far more likely at present to be Anthroomorphic (it is not as easy as I'd like to use the Petite as the type of Andro I am - Femme upper, Male lower) and I still have to stick to darker fur coloring!

I hear you! I'm very fluid in SL - it's not unusual for me to spend more time fiddling with alphas and messing with clothes designed for other bodies than anything else. I eventually had to stop using my flat chest mods because running around topless was getting old - but I would love to be able to wear flat, boyish clothing on my girls without trying to shove them into Jake-fits or wear what little latex/leather clothing I've got on my guys without having to force them into Maitreya or Legacy female fits. It's madness, I tell ya!

What I'd truly love is a fully androgynous body with a full HUD to control everything (I believe Kalhene Analexa is this way?), but that would still need tons of clothing support (and good luck with that!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I hear you! I'm very fluid in SL - it's not unusual for me to spend more time fiddling with alphas and messing with clothes designed for other bodies than anything else. I eventually had to stop using my flat chest mods because running around topless was getting old - but I would love to be able to wear flat, boyish clothing on my girls without trying to shove them into Jake-fits or wear what little latex/leather clothing I've got on my guys without having to force them into Maitreya or Legacy female fits. It's madness, I tell ya!

What I'd truly love is a fully androgynous body with a full HUD to control everything (I believe Kalhene Analexa is this way?), but that would still need tons of clothing support (and good luck with that!).

Oh good lord, YES. If a body was ever developed that could be that customizable and had wide support, you can bet I'd jump all over it.

As it is, I take solace in the semi-RP Character nature of my SL Avatar (not always In Character but the overall gist is kept with regard to appearance discrepancies) - I can pass off the lack of a bulge on some tighter fitting items (and undergarments) as simply being that that particular body part quite literally not being present (leaving a kind of Ken Doll flat space) when not needed/otherwise being 'visible' (nude).

I will say that I do enjoy the more Club like and revealing clothing as well - there are many outfits I have in Second Life that I would never dare try to wear in real life, even if my tummy were flat and I did not need to worry about shaving my blasted face!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Oh good lord, YES. If a body was ever developed that could be that customizable and had wide support, you can bet I'd jump all over it.

Let's add it to the list and wish on every star we can find! Of course, we should also add that it should be mod and allow for furry customization, as well! Okay, now we're just being greedy 😄

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

As it is, I take solace in the semi-RP Character nature of my SL Avatar (not always In Character but the overall gist is kept with regard to appearance discrepancies) - I can pass off the lack of a bulge on some tighter fitting items (and undergarments) as simply being that that particular body part quite literally not being present (leaving a kind of Ken Doll flat space) when not needed/otherwise being 'visible' (nude).

That's probably the best way to go about it. I mean, there are a few stores that *might* have clothing items to help you, but considering how few there are, I'm going to assume you've already tried that route (Mug and TwoSided come to mind first). So that's something else we can add to the wishlist!

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I will say that I do enjoy the more Club like and revealing clothing as well - there are many outfits I have in Second Life that I would never dare try to wear in real life, even if my tummy were flat and I did not need to worry about shaving my blasted face!

Same! I have a lot of outfits in SL that I wouldn't even try to pull off in RL (though, I've always been kind of a goth, so I guess I'm a bit more adventurous on that front). I think the move to mesh didn't really work out very well for some of the items we were maybe more used to seeing many years ago. Just think of all the super fancy formal goth Victorian gowns we used to have. Not that I loved flexi, buuuut - it worked, sorta? Clubwear is still around, I guess, but it's all fairly generic whenever I see it. Needs more cybergoth (wow, I can't believe I'm saying that - I used to say the absolute opposite about real life clubs back in the day, LOL).

• Like 2

Where to start....

• More business wear for women! We seriously lack that!
  • Historical outfits definitely and what I noticed there's almost nothing of - traditional national wear from European countries
  • Less revealing looking female uniforms
  • Less revealing female sports wear. Seriously, who works out with their boobs and ass hanging out?
  • More variety in inworld sports? Sure there's plenty of gyms, football fields, golf courses, race tracks but what I almost haven't seen is climbing? As a sports climber myself I have to say that it's a sport that's been picking up rapidly in recent years to the point of becoming discipline in the Olympics.
Edited by Aiyumei
  • Like 7

More affordable clothing for men that isn't a suit, jeans, t-shirt or tanktop.  A greater variety of smart-casual wear at around the same price as Caligula (under L$500 for a minimum of 10 colours). If it was more affordable and more interesting to dress a male avatar well, I think you'd get far fewer men switching to female avatars.

More long hair styles that fit male avatars. (Follow the example that No Match sets and include fits for both genders)

More Indian clothing for women (and men).

More masculine style clothing that fits female bodies (loose fitting, button-down shirts etc, clothing that doesn't hug the hips or reveal cleavage) and includes flat/perky/petite fits for various bodies.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The only store I'm aware of with traditional India clothing is Zaara.  She has some beautiful outfits.

Yes they are pretty. I've not actually bought anything from there, as they are more the kind of thing I'd wear to wedding reception or bridal (maybe I'll get invited to an inworld Indian wedding one day 😁). Back in pre-mesh days I had a collection of saris and punjabi suits that were for everyday wear, from a little shop that offered everything for free.. sadly I think I weeded them all out of my inventory once mesh bodies came on the scene. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

- Alternative fashion - goth, punk, steampunk, more cyberpunk, fantasy, techwear, grunge, glam rock, cosplay, vintage, boho, rockabilly fashion and more.

I agree with all your requests but especially the ones I've quoted here.

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yes, and you're right about Kalhene Analexa. It fits mostly well with Maitreya clothing (including the flat and petite options which work very well with Maitreya's equivalents).  However this leads into the same problem - the shortage of clothing which makes use of those shapes.

2 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

More affordable clothing for men that isn't a suit, jeans, t-shirt or tanktop.  

More masculine style clothing that fits female bodies (loose fitting, button-down shirts etc, clothing that doesn't hug the hips or reveal cleavage) and includes flat/perky/petite fits for various bodies.

Yes and yes to these.

I think all my clothing wishes have already been addressed but here's a couple of non-clothing things I really want  - 

A fantasy style bento prosthetic arm. There are plenty of mechanical ones or cyberpunk/futuristic ones, but literally nothing that looks like it's been crafted by an elf out of mithril and powered by magic.

An elven swan-boat with the B-Wind engine in it

Edited to add another one - a masculine mesh head with dual neck fits so it can be worn on a female body. There are some which are the opposite - feminine heads that fit male bodies, but none for us andro bois.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I used to visit Grim Bros regularly to check out the whimisical hats and shoes. I think they are still around on MP. Was one of my favourite shops for gowns in pre-mesh days.

• Like 2

More menswear. All kinds of it.
And please, pretty pretty please, not based on a 2.4 meter tall male with a gorilla type chest, a neck like an ox and with too short arms.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

Yes they are pretty. I've not actually bought anything from there, as they are more the kind of thing I'd wear to wedding reception or bridal (maybe I'll get invited to an inworld Indian wedding one day 😁). Back in pre-mesh days I had a collection of saris and punjabi suits that were for everyday wear, from a little shop that offered everything for free.. sadly I think I weeded them all out of my inventory once mesh bodies came on the scene. 

You're talking about Yak & Yeti!  I loved that store (and it's the main reason why my first female alt ended up being of Indian ethnicity). She still has most of their collection in inventory, though the system skirt ones don't work well with mesh bodies, and she just wears the cholis with jeans now.  Nowadays, Dreaming Thicket has some regular day-saris in a similar style. They have recently (like in the past 2 years or so) been updated to fit mesh bodies as well as the original standard sizes.  Arwen's Creations also has one sari, but it's more a formal style than an everyday one.

I also forgot to mention some of my non-clothing wishes:

1) Rezz-room's Labrador dog to be available in black as well as yellow. Oh and a Dalmatian as well, please.

2) More choice of houses with non-standard footprint shapes. Most are square, or nearly so, they don't fit my land. I'd like to see more options with long/narrow shapes, like 30 x 15 and similar.

3) More choice of modular kitchens, with units that can be re-arranged and easily re-sized to fit any shape/size of room.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

More clothes that look like styles real people would wear, instead of *****wear.

But besides the styles, what I really want to see is:

• Mesh clothes that automatically set the alphas of your mesh body
  • Mesh clothing where the alpha cuts are neither too much, causing invisible bits outside the clothes, or too little, causing skin to poke through
  • Multiple piece mesh outfits where the pieces don't poke through the pieces worn over them
  • Different outfits designed to work with other outfits for more mix and match
  • Realistic textures

In other words, I want the creators to pay attention to the details!

I know that all this is possible. Yesterday I found a beautiful business suit at a new-to-me store called Erratic. It was a jacket and pants. Nearby, they also sold a bustier and a pencil skirt, both of which worked perfectly with the suit. The jacket had a buttoned and unbuttoned version, and the fatpacks of all these items had tons of actually usable color/texture choices that allowed both matching, and using different colors for the different parts that still worked together. I tried the demos, and it was all so perfect! The only problem...buying the fatpacks of the 3 items (suit, skirt, bustier) would've cost me about $L10K, or $40 USD. Ouch!!

7 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I hear you! I'm very fluid in SL - it's not unusual for me to spend more time fiddling with alphas and messing with clothes designed for other bodies than anything else. I eventually had to stop using my flat chest mods because running around topless was getting old - but I would love to be able to wear flat, boyish clothing on my girls without trying to shove them into Jake-fits or wear what little latex/leather clothing I've got on my guys without having to force them into Maitreya or Legacy female fits. It's madness, I tell ya! What I'd truly love is a fully androgynous body with a full HUD to control everything (I believe Kalhene Analexa is this way?), but that would still need tons of clothing support (and good luck with that!).

There's a "Babs, there is no farmer" dynamic in Second Life that I've been bringing up for a while. Why do we buy "bodies" and then have to find separate "clothes" to work for those specific bodies? Most other similar environments don't work that way - the "body" and "clothes" are combined in a single mesh. The way we got here was a series of steps that each made sense at the time due to the limitations of Second Life, but many of those limitations are no longer there. In particular, now anything we wear can have our skin texture on it by using BOM. 

Rather than buying a "shirt" and hiding our "body" under it, why not combine them? Right now there are at least two new different bodies that shoe makers have to rig shoes for, in addition to the up to three they were rigging for before. WHY SHOULD A SHOE MAKER CARE ABOUT YOUR BOOBS AND BUTT? Just give them a consistent ankle joint spec and allow them to make shoes of any height they want, with included feet that would automatically match the rest of your body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Loving all of these ideas so far!

6 hours ago, Aiyumei said:
  • Less revealing female sports wear. Seriously, who works out with their boobs and ass hanging out?

Agree! More sweats, hoodies, tracksuits, running jackets - all of it.

5 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

More long hair styles that fit male avatars. (Follow the example that No Match sets and include fits for both genders)

So much YES to all of these. I can't believe I forgot more long hair that doesn't sink into the back on mens bodies. No Match is great, I agree.

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Yes, and you're right about Kalhene Analexa. It fits mostly well with Maitreya clothing (including the flat and petite options which work very well with Maitreya's equivalents).  However this leads into the same problem - the shortage of clothing which makes use of those shapes.

A fantasy style bento prosthetic arm. There are plenty of mechanical ones or cyberpunk/futuristic ones, but literally nothing that looks like it's been crafted by an elf out of mithril and powered by magic.

An elven swan-boat with the B-Wind engine in it

Edited to add another one - a masculine mesh head with dual neck fits so it can be worn on a female body. There are some which are the opposite - feminine heads that fit male bodies, but none for us andro bois.

All of your suggestions are awesome. I forgot Kalhene fits Maitreya, too. I should grab another demo and play around with my wardobe, just for fun. Fully agree about the dual neck fit heads, too. For fantasy bento arms, you're very right on that, as well! More magical and elegant solutions are needed.

4 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

I used to visit Grim Bros regularly to check out the whimisical hats and shoes. I think they are still around on MP. Was one of my favourite shops for gowns in pre-mesh days.

I don't think I've seen anything from there! I get my crazier hats and headpieces from Zibska (❤️), Madame Noir's got some great "omg what??" ones, and sYs on the Marketplace has some very fun things for way too little money.

3 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

3) More choice of modular kitchens, with units that can be re-arranged and easily re-sized to fit any shape/size of room.

Modular kitchens are AWESOME! Once I started hiring myself out as a decorator, I've been collecting sets for custom kitchens. Agree - would love more! 

54 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

There's a "Babs, there is no farmer" dynamic in Second Life that I've been bringing up for a while. Why do we buy "bodies" and then have to find separate "clothes" to work for those specific bodies? Most other similar environments don't work that way - the "body" and "clothes" are combined in a single mesh. The way we got here was a series of steps that each made sense at the time due to the limitations of Second Life, but many of those limitations are no longer there. In particular, now anything we wear can have our skin texture on it by using BOM. 

Rather than buying a "shirt" and hiding our "body" under it, why not combine them? Right now there are at least two new different bodies that shoe makers have to rig shoes for, in addition to the up to three they were rigging for before. WHY SHOULD A SHOE MAKER CARE ABOUT YOUR BOOBS AND BUTT? Just give them a consistent ankle joint spec and allow them to make shoes of any height they want, with included feet that would automatically match the rest of your body.

I would love to see something like this. The shopping/dressing process definitely needs some simplifying. It all feels rather clumsy. Including feet with shoes might come with its own issues perhaps - toe rings, nail polish options, etc. Still - I agree - there has to be a better way. 

• Like 2

There are some dresses I demo'd recently that were adorable until I turned my avatar around and the skirt was lifted to show off either one or both butt cheeks. For dresses that have this, I'd like to see an option to lower the skirt in that area. Same request for dresses showing a boob.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.