Festival concert blanket seating (part deux)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am attempting to create a festival style blanket. Without getting into details available in previous posts, I have purchased a full perm blanket and a full perm sitting animation.

Since I am not a creator (this would be my first attempt creating something I can't locate on MP or in stores), I feel I've already made a rookie mistake.

I placed the sit into the blanket edit file. Of course, it's not enough to get the sit to perform as wanted. I'm curious to what steps I'm missing. A veteran creator will see my oversight instantly. How do I get the sit animation to talk to the full perm blanket?

Edited by Schatzi Timmerman

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I believe you'll need something like AVsitter.  I'm sure there must be other ones available but that's the one I see the most.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AVSITTER2-REVOLUTIONARY-Multi-Pose-System/2277498

I will look into AVsitter. I am familiar with it since it is used by some furniture I have in my inventory.

58 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I cut and paste that example on to a NC Script in the notecard section and drop into the blankets edit file. Do i add it before or after the full perm animation?

Bear with me on this. I am a rookie. I couldn't find what I desired so figured to just build it myself. This is not intended to be my final item to place in-sim, but a great way to learn and improve myself in-world.

I'm seriously considering Rowans suggestion. In the long run, I might come up with what I see in my head as the final product.

UPDATE: I used Roligs suggestion and it worked great. I wonder now what values do I change to place me more to the back of the blanket as opposed to the front. Also to raise my seat a bit higher (I'm more or less embedded into the blanket)

Thank you Rolig!!!

Schatzi Festival Blanket.png

Edited by Schatzi Timmerman
Paste to a Script and not a NC and to add UPDATE

AVsitter has an inworld group where you will get help - Unofficial AVsitter - by my best recollection.

There is also online documentation - here: LSL Scripting | AVsitter™ documentation

If your blanket contains the AVsitter helper (an object) in contents, click ADJUST on the menu, then HELPER, then grab the translucent pole that appears to position your avatar. When done, click SAVE and paste the local chat information into your notecard.

All you have to do is adjust the sit target by gently changing the <x,y,z> numbers in the llSitTarget command.(Do not change the numbers in the second set that control rotation. ) Experiment!  Change one number at a time,  save the script,  see what it did,  and adjust again.  Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:48 AM, Rolig Loon said:

Unless you are planning to include more than one sitting animation,  or have special props to handle,  AvSitter Is overkill. A simple script like the one I suggested will do fine. And it's easy to understand and learn from. 

I will eventually want to have multiple sits and a couples option (PG).

Baby steps for now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Schatzi Timmerman said:

I will eventually want to have multiple sits and a couples option (PG).

That does get a little more complicated. At that point, it will be tempting to use AvSitter, especially if you plan on selling your work. As I said earlier, AvSitter is often overkill. Because it offers a huge number of customizable features, its scripts are very large and complicated. In most applications, 90% of that complexity is unused. For that reason, it's still worth writing your own script unless (1) you're adding so many options that it really is way less work to use AvSitter, (2) You are selling to clients who will be most comfortable with AvSitter's menu system, or (3) You're just going to get frustrated and discouraged if you write your own.

If you do decide to write your own more complicated script, the next important thing to learn is dialog menus.  You'll find several good examples in the Script Library. Baby steps are always a good idea. ;) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.