Can't Reply to Other Users Comments on alot of pages on Marketplace

Azeral Adamczyk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All

Some reason can't reply to any other users comments on Marketplace anymore,   used to be able to, to offer more support on particular car and truck products.      But when i click comments area underneath theres, all blank,  checked both my Main account and Alt account, same on both

Anything i can do to fix this issue?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think this should be changed back, because many go through and review products and leave negative reviews, simply because they didn't understand a product. I liked being able to comment on product comments because if I buy an item inworld, I'm unable to make a comment on the MP. At least I could inform others through comments. Now I can't even do that and have to watch other spread misinformation, or be unaware of something that could help, simply because I can't respond to comments. 

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 12:58 AM, Pamela Galli said:

It’s because some people go through and trash products that they have never bought.

I think it has never been possible to review, or to reply to a review, if you hadn't bought the product.

Before: a purchaser could both create a review and reply to an existing review.

Now: a purchaser can only create a review. They can't reply to existing ones.

I think it is fine. The review system is not a forum. The product seller is the only person who should reply to reviews. In the past i've seen some people fighting in the reviews, this is not good and not useful.

Edited by Aglaia

21 hours ago, Aglaia said:

I think it has never been possible to review, or to reply to a review, if you hadn't bought the product.

Before: a purchaser could both create a review and reply to an existing review.

Now: a purchaser can only create a review. They can't reply to existing ones.

I think it is fine. The review system is not a forum. The product seller is the only person who should reply to reviews. In the past i've seen some people fighting in the reviews, this is not good and not useful.

I was replying to a post about comments, not reviews by buyers. And no, no one could ever post a review without purchasing.

• Moderators

Greetings all!

Unfortunately, do to too much abuse, the ability to reply to reviews was restricted to the Sellers and their authorized store managers.  While we appreciate that many users like to help others by providing information for them in replies, the Marketplace Listing Reviews is not really the appropriate place for such discussions. 

If you see a review that you believes violates policy, please report the review so that our Governance Team members can review the report as quickly as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well as Pro Street Cars Help Manager, i used to offer assistance by replying to folks reviews,  i already notified the Creator that ability was gone,  unforuately didn't hear much from him regarding it though,  as currently limits my ability to offer immediate support by replying to others reviews.     

Guess will just have to live with it

On 1/30/2022 at 8:04 AM, Harmony Nova said:

It's frustrating because it's happening to me as well. I think is bs. Now we can't comment or give an honest opinion. Second life is about to be part of my past.

It's funny because this is the same stunt YouTube pulled - only they went one step further and now 'hide' all downvotes from the public as well.

Something's pretty rotten when honesty is treated as a crime.

3 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Nonesense, open up your SL client, log in and contact the reviewer directly to offer support.

I can just imagine, it being 2022 now and not 2012, just how a review section might look if that feature had continued :D Probably pretty nasty lol

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the issue is, if you did not buy a product off the marketplace, but inworld, you can not offer help or reviews. While I definitely don't think reviews should be open to everyone (that's just asking for trouble), what about those of us who did buy a product, but got it inworld? Which some people, myself included do now, because it's often cheaper to do so, since many charge more on the marketplace to cover fees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.