Eating and drinking animations

Sam1 Bellisserian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why is it that 3/4 the creators can't seem to get eating and drinking animations right. The only creator that I've come across that has this nailed down is Maya. All the animations are spot on. So many times I have bought drinks and they either end up going in your ear or over your head or just have no animation all.  When you drink coffee from a couch made by Maya it actually raises and goes up to your mouth like you are actually drinking it.  I know it's hard to get animations to work with all avatars but I have four alts and each one of them is a different body and avatar size and these animations all seem to work well with any avatar.  You would think after all this time it would work correctly. It's very frustrating to buy a bottle of beer and have it go in your ear.  

1. Am I doing something wrong and if I am how do I fix it?

2. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get at least drinking items that actually work correctly?  

1 answer to this question

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Why is it that 3/4 the creators can't seem to get eating and drinking animations right. The only creator that I've come across that has this nailed down is Maya. All the animations are spot on. So many times I have bought drinks and they either end up going in your ear or over your head or just have no animation all.  When you drink coffee from a couch made by Maya it actually raises and goes up to your mouth like you are actually drinking it.  I know it's hard to get animations to work with all avatars but I have four alts and each one of them is a different body and avatar size and these animations all seem to work well with any avatar.  You would think after all this time it would work correctly. It's very frustrating to buy a bottle of beer and have it go in your ear.  

1. Am I doing something wrong and if I am how do I fix it?

2. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get at least drinking items that actually work correctly?  

It could be due to the range of different avatar proportions ... or maybe some animators are just using poor reference material?

1c9.gif.6ec4e921fce95432637e37208cc9c8ae.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.