Does your avatar dream when you log off?

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There could be a collective consciousness of Second Life itself though, basically an Egragore of SL. I think a good name for it would be Sansara, one of the original names proposed for Second Life, which ended up being the name of its largest continent and in a shorter form became the name for Sansar. 

I've wondered if the name Sansara is derived from Samsara, a Sanskrit word meaning literally "world", but also referring to the karmic cycle of life/death/reincarnation. So that is fitting.

But "Sansara" is also the name of a type of moth, and the moth theme continues in Heterocera, so the connection with Samsara might be coincidence. Or maybe it was originally named after Samsara, and the spelling change is how the moth theme started?  

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 12:38 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

It's well known that dreams are a result of neurons in the brain firing off tiny electrical charges during sleep. Therefore, the only avatars which are able to dream are those using Catwa heads.  And even then, only if you put your avatar to bed before logging off. :D

Do the newer catwa heads still have a brain in them? I loved the first heads that had light bulbs, cute touch! ❤️

9 hours ago, Matilda Melune said:

Do the newer catwa heads still have a brain in them? I loved the first heads that had light bulbs, cute touch! ❤️

Simple answer: yes, I wear Catwa HDPro head and Seren has a brain but sadly she still typos; I blame the catnip habit she has! :P:D 

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Haha 1

I'm behind my desk in RL.
Sid is the avatar that represents me in SL and that I control completely.
I think. Sid doesn't. He is the puppet and I'm the puppeteer.

Jef Dunham's puppets look full of life when he plays them, but once in their boxes .... 

Same with Sid. When I click on the final "okay" of the day, he is done.
I might dream about Sid and SL occasionally, but he definitely doesn't dream at all. Neither does my forum avatar.

Of course it can be fun to pretend he does at times, but in the end I know who is responsible for the boxes under the Christmas tree.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.