I need help with the mesh settings on my avatar

beeya5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a maitreya mesh body for my avi with a Catwa head with skin shades which used to match together. However when I logged on today after a couple of months, I see the skins are not matching and nothing I do is fixing the issue. Can someone help me please?

@beeya5 Tell us which viewer you use and which Windlight/EEP setting you use when matching skins.

While not the best, many of us use the CalWL Windlight for color matching skins. But, no matter how you match skins or how well some lighting environments will reveal the neck seam.

Also, if the neck and body were matching then before changing much go into the body and head HUDs and clear the materials layers (shine and bump). Often these layers are NOT cleared by the app that changes them. Water drops and sweat add-on are bad about this. Some makeup causes problems too.

If you have glow, shine, or other features in the head or body turned on it will be very difficult to match skin at the neck.

On 1/16/2022 at 7:32 PM, beeya5 said:

I have a maitreya mesh body for my avi with a Catwa head with skin shades which used to match together. However when I logged on today after a couple of months, I see the skins are not matching and nothing I do is fixing the issue. Can someone help me please?

Conduct the following tests:

1) Switch to an EEP setting like CalWL or Nam's Optimum Skin & prim, and also turn "Advanced lighting" off in your preferences/graphics settings. If the problem disappears when Advanced Lighting is off, then it's am issue with the materials/glossiness on either your head or your body (usually on whichever one of these appears darker).  So turn it back on and check the gloss/environment settings on your head and body huds. You'll need to experiment to get them to match.

2) If the above didn't  help, check that your Maitreya body is set to the correct neck fitting. HDPro heads use the new universal neck fitting and previous heads use the other one. I think the Universal one is type 1 and the old one is type 2 but I'm not 100% certain. Try both to see if it makes any difference.

3) Check that the body and head don't have any tint set in them in the hud. Re-set both to white.

4) Try a different skin, is the problem persisting there too? Re-apply or re-wear your original skin and check again.

If still not working, please provide a snapshot, tell us whether you are BOM or not, and also provide a copy of the list of absolutely everything that you are wearing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.