Question about BeYou

Nimue Galatea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Nimue Galatea said:

I'm curious about the game and haven't yet started playing. Does it require a high upkeep/membership fees/whatever Lindens are required? I don't want to start and then discover I can't advance without spending thousands of lindens

Yes, in order to advance you will have to spend thousands of lindens. However, if you want to use it as a supplement to your own RP it is doable. You just won't advance as quickly.  It is expensive if you want to do everything. It can be affordable though if you use it as a tool for RP.  It's the same with a lot of things in SL. Breedables, KittyS, Zooby's, etc. They are all systems created to make money for the creator. It's a very intricate system and well worth it though if you enjoy this type of thing. 

Take a look at their Wiki. That will give you a better idea of what the system is all about.  

https://beyouworld.fandom.com/wiki/BeYou_World_Wiki 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Yes, in order to advance you will have to spend thousands of lindens. However, if you want to use it as a supplement to your own RP it is doable. You just won't advance as quickly.  It is expensive if you want to do everything. It can be affordable though if you use it as a tool for RP.  It's the same with a lot of things in SL. Breedables, KittyS, Zooby's, etc. They are all systems created to make money for the creator. It's a very intricate system and well worth it though if you enjoy this type of thing. 

Take a look at their Wiki. That will give you a better idea of what the system is all about.  

Sam1, I appreciate your answer. Thank you! 

(Btw, I think some of these gaming systems are more expensive down the line than others. I like the KittyCatS one because the kitties are cheap to buy at yard sales and I only need to buy food every two weeks or so.) 😃

8 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Sam, I have a question that aren't answered on the wiki, do you HAVE to use the hud? If I want to just use the items to enhance mine and my partner's eating RP, that is doable, correct? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2022 at 1:57 PM, LunaRavencroft said:

Ahh yes... BeYou. I did it, for a time, briefly.

There IS an upkeep charge, yes, but, if you grow a surplus of goods, you can sell it at various BeYou market stores.

Yes, but have make sure the veggies or fruits not gone bad. Also plus making sure the soils are up to date. 

21 hours ago, jeannita0mckay said:

Yes, but have make sure the veggies or fruits not gone bad. Also plus making sure the soils are up to date. 

True. But, the counter to the things spoiling/going bad, is that there is a certain time/thing to do, that will keep that timer from activating.

beYou has changed dramatically. It is now a totally asset based system and you need to be registered in beYou in order to cook. You also need certain packagers to be able to access some of the things in beYou as well.

I would suggest reading up on the wiki as the changes are mentioned there. 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Go with Xeolife instead, it's basically free. There's (unofficial) cooking stuff on MP and you can insert food scripts into any copiable objects you already have.

Yeah, if you're just doing an RP extension this is not as fully featured as others but costs pretty much nothing to do.

I use Really Needy HUD, which is less like a bad Facebook game than BeYou and has extensions (not part of the base pacakge that is just food, drink, rest, and hygiene) like injuries/sickness and a BAC that can get you to pass out from drinking too much.

If you want to fix food I find DFS to be better for that, and have a small farm in the hydroponics bay of my space station, but stay away from DLS with the timed furniture scripts where you need to buy a new script for your couch every month to be able to rest...

On 2/24/2022 at 3:03 PM, NanashiNyx said:

Yeah, if you're just doing an RP extension this is not as fully featured as others but costs pretty much nothing to do.

I use Really Needy HUD, which is less like a bad Facebook game than BeYou and has extensions (not part of the base pacakge that is just food, drink, rest, and hygiene) like injuries/sickness and a BAC that can get you to pass out from drinking too much.

If you want to fix food I find DFS to be better for that, and have a small farm in the hydroponics bay of my space station, but stay away from DLS with the timed furniture scripts where you need to buy a new script for your couch every month to be able to rest...

You like the Really Needy HUD? I was checking out their website the other day.

Whats DFS and DLS?

I've been tempted to try one of these systems but have yet to bite the bullet on one.

2 hours ago, Matilda Melune said:

You like the Really Needy HUD? I was checking out their website the other day.

Whats DFS and DLS?

I've been tempted to try one of these systems but have yet to bite the bullet on one.

DFS is Digital Farm Systems, seems like the largest and most complete farming system in SL from what I've seen, DLS is their "Life" add-on that uses DFS food (which you need to eat to restore energy to keep farming anyway) instead of some food that is only for the system.

The downside is they are one of the worst when it comes to the furniture, with timed scripts in everything, you buy a rest script to put in a bed and it's only good for a specific amount of rest or a set time period for the more expensive ones and then *poof* you have a basic chair again that does nothing for the system.

I think if they moved to things like using DFS soap (which is a thing in the system that you can make, though the return is pretty useless, so I don't see anyone with a soap-making shop set up) for hygiene rather than a timed shower script it might do better. Right now it seems close to a scam with furniture ceasing to function after a set amount of time, the "USE" scripts for Really Needy are permanent and while they make whatever they are added to nocopy they are NC configured and work with *most* AVSitter furniture. I've had a few where it failed to function, but those were more complicated pieces, like a bed from Smooching Serpents that rezzes shibari gear at the foot for some poses.

I actually like Really Needy HUD, though sometimes it gets frustrating with the features because I have the *full* HUD that includes your fertility cycle, so I need to keep tampons or be prepared to shower hourly during that period of time. If you have the diseases add-on, which I do, being unhygenic can actually make you sick and cost you when you need to buy medicine to recover.

There are a few errors still to work out, mostly with the food being nomod and some things needing a very specific name, so if a number gets appended to an item it won't work in the stock check system and sometimes is ignored by prep items. The maker has actually exchanged folders full of stuff with me, though, because they were named in a way that was causing issues. Generally if you buy from the little supermarket in-world everything works perfectly, but if you pick up the bundles from the Really Useful Scripts Corner or the MP they won't work with the fridge.

The other extensions are things like injuries, which includes a RLV feature to add BoM layers if you are hurt, down to gunshot wounds in the portion of your body that was hit if you are shot with a compatible firearm. It has fall damage and fire damage, too, but they're off by default since it causes a bit of lag to be constantly scanning the area for external hazards.

There's a fitness game, too, with the lowest level being just running for a set period of time in-world moving up to swimming (which I have the scripted pool for at my gym) and eventually to yoga (which I also have the mat for there) with some levels in between where you pretty much need to go to Alpha Gym (their partner) to access them. Not so bad for the level where you need to do "spinning" but at some higher levels like the weights I'm a bit concerned with using a scripted timed workout in an "adult" gym where I can't enter the region without getting a "hru babygirl?" IM. Hopefully more are added for non-partners to use, my gym is in a M area (so nudity is allowed) but all the equipment (even the spa) is PG, and there is a no harassment policy for people who are working out to actually be able to work out.

Just be careful with the entire package, if you hang around "adult" sims since getting drunk (which is another add-on for it) can lead to passing out and being basically open for bad things to happen while you're incapacitated.

You do *not*, however, need to add all the add-ons. Anything you don't want doesn't need to be purchased, and you need to rez the HUD in-world and drop the scripts into it for it to work, so you won't accidentally end up being kidnapped while in a drunken stupor XD

Edited by NanashiNyx
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 8:58 AM, LunaRavencroft said:

Ahh yes... D.F.S. 

Been there.
Done that.
NEVER again.

I don't mind the farming, actually pretty self-sustaining if you watch what you plant and cook, but their "life" system is so far beyond scam territory I'm amazed they dedicate so much space on their sim to something I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to buy no matter how dedicated they are to the farm portion of the system.

23 hours ago, NanashiNyx said:

I don't mind the farming, actually pretty self-sustaining if you watch what you plant and cook, but their "life" system is so far beyond scam territory I'm amazed they dedicate so much space on their sim to something I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to buy no matter how dedicated they are to the farm portion of the system.

I mean... To be perfectly honest, DFS is fun, and, you can make some money off it, but, it can very easily take away the one thing none of us can get back; time. That's why I'm glad I got away from it. The cost wasn't worth it.

35 minutes ago, LunaRavencroft said:

I mean... To be perfectly honest, DFS is fun, and, you can make some money off it, but, it can very easily take away the one thing none of us can get back; time. That's why I'm glad I got away from it. The cost wasn't worth it.

Ah, I tend to do it more leisurely than people with large farms, the only time I pay attention to it is when I have my goats out since animals die from neglect while plants just turn purple and wait for you to notice.

I just wish they had nicer models for the items I use a lot, like the willow tree is beautiful, but the pine tree is hideous. Don't need much willow bark, but the call for paper and wood can get pretty big, and of course it's the ugly tree I actually *need* to grow XD

23 hours ago, NanashiNyx said:

Ah, I tend to do it more leisurely than people with large farms, the only time I pay attention to it is when I have my goats out since animals die from neglect while plants just turn purple and wait for you to notice.

I just wish they had nicer models for the items I use a lot, like the willow tree is beautiful, but the pine tree is hideous. Don't need much willow bark, but the call for paper and wood can get pretty big, and of course it's the ugly tree I actually *need* to grow XD

Yeah, that happens. Alot, it seems. lol

On 3/8/2022 at 1:28 AM, NanashiNyx said:

I think that you have hit the nail on the head with why some prefer beYou. The visuals are very pretty and realistic from the farming to the crafting to the cooking.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.