Phillips coming home?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just spotted this!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/going-meta-disney-second-life-and-k-pop

"Linden Lab, the company behind the virtual online world Second Life, announced on Thursday founder Philip Rosedale would be rejoining the project as a strategic adviser along with Metaverse team members of San Francisco-based VR company High Fidelity. According to the firm, the addition of the new and old talent would facilitate Second Life’s entry into the Metaverse."

Looks like LL is on the Crypto Metaverse bandwagon!

....I cant imagine this ends well......but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. :)

From what I understand he is ready for big changes. He wants to emancipate Second Life from the hole in which is locked up and open it to the world where other metaverses are being born and growing and where we must somehow survive.
To survive, you have to ride the rushing river of competition and create a global market where worlds can speak the same language. In short, I can buy or create an object here and import it into another world and vice versa.
It seems to me a very good idea and with profitable developments for everyone, a virtuous circle.
I don't know how it will turn out with NFT though, but his idea is really interesting and it feels like the dawn of something very very important going on.
We have our hero who has decided to come back to ride the storm and it looks like SL will play a very important role in this revolution.
Very very good!  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I'm not here to play with crypto anything,   if they accept it, they will need to be highly HIGHLY regulated through there tilia,  if they do not.  yeah, it will be abused.

Linden Dollars are already a cryptocurrency.
I don't know if, how and what will happen, meanwhile he says this.
"According to Rosedale, there are 375 million items sold on the Second Life marketplace each year, for around $ 2 each. In his opinion of him, these items are essentially already NFTs."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tama Suki said:

Linden Dollars are already a cryptocurrency.
I don't know if, how and what will happen, meanwhile he says this.
"According to Rosedale, there are 375 million items sold on the Second Life marketplace each year, for around $ 2 each. In his opinion of him, these items are essentially already NFTs."

those of us using the platform know better.  have fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No. Cryptocurrencies are defined as a financial transaction system that does not require a trusted third party. The Linden Dollar system is a microcurrency, not a cryptocurrency.

It is barely a microcurrency - that is being kind.

It's more or less a glorified Chuck E Cheese token that the establishment graciously buys back from its users.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

It is barely a microcurrency - that is being kind.

It's more or less a glorified Chuck E Cheese token that the establishment graciously buys back from its users.

Anyway my opinion on cryptocurrencies and SL is not very different from that of @bigmoe Whitfield and many others.

I would like to understand better, what do you think it is about? ⬇️

"here are 375 million items sold on the Second Life marketplace each year, for around $ 2 each. In his opinion of him, these items are essentially already NFTs. "

Edited by Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.