Suggestions for Encouraging Migration from Bellisseria to the Mainland

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I believe what Rufferta said is that she wonders if the BBB group will let her put a *BBB* kiosk on her property. I suppose they do have control over that. 

She's talking about putting a Mainland Embassy in Bellisseria, for which she doesn't need a "BBB kiosk" -- but we should define that. If she means "stamp terminal," that's at their discretion and we are about to test how that works and by then, they may make up some rule to stop it. It can't be "a site not in Bellisseria" because they currently have those in the BBB stamp program. But she can speak for herself!

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I told Feorie this idea some time ago and that I planned to do it, which is why she mentioned it here. It won't be the first time an idea is mentioned without attribution but I don't care. But you're welcome to try as well. I have a home and an ambassador and a stamp even already and will apply for it when I finish decorating -- which I've been slow to do, as I'm busy with other more pressing things. But there should be a dozen such ventures of different types, they will all have enough to do. More people should do this and make a network.

But you should hardly be asking the BBB if they would 'allow you" to place your kiosk on a Bellisserian property. They are not in charge of resident content in Bellisseria, my God! I put my SL Public Land Preserve info giver and Mainland Appreciation Society giver on my Bellisseria Commissary property in Belli and links to various sites. You should put anything you want within the TOS. You can't put these lots in search, but you can try making a group and getting members or just spread the word in the usual way on social media etc. 

Please do jettison the idea you need anyone's permission for this. No! There are all kinds of things on Bellisseria properties. You cannot have search or items for sales, but galleries for example, have LMs that link to their main gallery where works are for sale. All your ideas for topics/tutorials are great -- go for it if you want to spend $99 annualized.

I wonder if there is a category of people who have only been to Bellisseria and never anywhere else. I doubt it because for a new person to jump right into a premium account and understanding of tier and homes is not common, although I do find real newbies (or returnees after 10 years in my own rentals so I suppose its possible). The real task is to convince people who developed a prejudice sometimes by hearsay in their circle, and sometimes by direct experience, that they should come back to the Mainland.

No slight intended! 

On 1/25/2022 at 5:07 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

Operation Mainland has a kiosk you put on your land

I just got one of their passports, and a kiosk to put up.

When you get a passport, you get to select which continent you are from. They have the usual SL continents, plus "Counterearth". Is that an existing place? One of the old Gorean sims?

I'd like to put in a plug for New Babbage and the Fruit Islands. Anything with more than a dozen regions and a resident population should be represented.

Edited by animats
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, animats said:

I just got one of their passports, and a kiosk to put up.

When you get a passport, you get to select which continent you are from. They have the usual SL continents, plus "Counterearth". Is that an existing place? One of the old Gorean sims?

I'd like to put in a plug for New Babbage and the Fruit Islands. Anything with more than a dozen regions and a resident population should be represented.

Yeah, Counter Earth is for the Gor RP community. I’m happy to make others! Give me a day or two and I’ll have it up! :) 

• Like 2

Greetings! Amb. Kerensky here, and yes, unacknowledged grandson of the late head of the short-lived Russian Provisional Government.

So we have established the Embassy of Ross, an ancient SL sim which is at the magnetic center of Second Life -- did you know that? 

This is the first Mainland Embassy in Bellisseria -- Fantasseria, to be precise -- but we don't aspire to represent an entire continent, merely one sim which is the home of a number of long-time institutions, including the resident-run Linden infohub of Memory Bazaar, with the International Bazaar containing landmarks to RL country sims and gifts representing the countries; second-level SL tutorials such as how to make an effective group; the Council on Virtual Relations; the Public Library, the Mermaid bed and Underwater Fishing and more.

So our ancient country is rich in history but poor due to climate change difficulties, and we only have the library avatars but a modified "Harry Potter" look is close enough!

Now we are decorating the Embassy and suggestions welcome! We have applied for a BBB stamp terminal. Meanwhile you can come and get our original stamp!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dhal/86/128/22

"Dhal" means "distance" or "far away" in our country. But with our friendly Mainland embassy, you will never feel the Mainland is far away!

Don't mind the Inspector at the front, he's harmless.

Edited by Hopalong Kerensky
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.