Issue in login in new device

KavitaDoll

Question

I have a weird issue about login. I made this account about 3 years ago. Since then password was saved on my laptop. So whenever i open second life i never took care of password because it was logging in autometically. Eventually i forgot what the password was. But i didn't have any issue because it was auto login. But now i have got a new laptop. I want to login in new laptop but i don't remember what the password was. When i tried to reset the password i realized that I also forgot what was the email. because 3 years back i made this account with an email that wasn't very important to me. I still have access to this account in my old laptop. but please help me to get access in my new laptop. Please help me with this because i spent lots of resources and time to build this account.

5 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, KavitaDoll said:

I have a weird issue about login. I made this account about 3 years ago. Since then password was saved on my laptop. So whenever i open second life i never took care of password because it was logging in autometically. Eventually i forgot what the password was. But i didn't have any issue because it was auto login. But now i have got a new laptop. I want to login in new laptop but i don't remember what the password was. When i tried to reset the password i realized that I also forgot what was the email. because 3 years back i made this account with an email that wasn't very important to me. I still have access to this account in my old laptop. but please help me to get access in my new laptop. Please help me with this because i spent lots of resources and time to build this account.

Put in a Support ticket -- they have various ways of confirming that you are the true account owner.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KavitaDoll said:

if you use firefox or edge, your passwords are very easy to find in the browsermenu, some others might have the same feature.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

I don't know what viewer you are using, but if Firestorm, then according to this the passwords are stored in an encrypted file. You can't simply read an encrypted file, so your only option is probably contacting support.

Theoretically it might be also possible to reveal the password if you made your own build of the viewer :) but I've never tried.

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@tomm55, Alwin was talking about getting the password from an internet browser (e.g., Firefox), not from an SL viewer (e.g., Firestorm).

I know and I was not reacting to Alwin. I was talking about SL viewers and that SL viewers store passwords (or at least Firestorm) in an encrypted file.