What to buy?

SheevaXO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,

I recently came back to SL with a new account since I can't log on into my old account anymore (forgot the email it was registered on) and now I am working on getting my "dream avatar" done. Currently I am using the Ruth 2.0 which is okay for the start but I want more (thihi). So I'm asking what your "to-go" avis would be.

What I'm looking for is a base to create a human avatar aswell as a furry avatar to represent my sona inworld.

I used to use Kemono for this with the fitted kemono body by starbright but it doesn't seem to be available anymore on the marketplace. Same goes for the Maitreya Body which I also used a long time.

Maybe some of you can help me out with some tips.

Thanks in advance

SheevaXO

• Like 1

Maitreya Lara body was never on the Marketplace. It is sold inworld and popular as ever. It is still the #1 body and very easy to shop for, since it is included in basically all clothes offers.

https://secondlife.com/destination/maitreya

Kemono body itself is on the Marketplace, but I can't tell if the "Starbright" is sold anymore. The furry community is not very active on the forum, so maybe you should find the Utilizator group and ask there? I am sure a big creator like Utilizator has a group, and the common practice is to have a group joiner in the store.

• Like 4

Maitreya is your best bet. Kemono Starbright is discontinued (if you already own it, it will still work but it won't be supported or updated any more.

But you'll do fine with Maitreya, there are plenty of add-ons for feet etc to go furry with it. If you have an old version, make sure you go to the inworld store and get a redelivery for the update. It's changed a bit.

• Like 1

Maitreya would definitely be the way to go if you're looking for a single body that can do both human and furry avatars! Maitimo beat me to the Maitreya link, but here are a few other stores I know off the top of my head that might give you some starting points! :) 

I'd also recommend searching up furry shopping malls! There's quite a few of them and they'll be chock full of vendors specializing in furry mods, avatars, clothes, add-ons, etc. There are a few furry clubs like GYC and The Ark that also have a section of their sim for vendors, and you can find all kinds of more niche things there!

• Like 2

I'll echo what everyone else has said - Maitreya really is the easiest body that plays nicely with all kinds of mods.

I'll toss in Whisk for addons and adorable BOM skins, depending on your furry choice. I believe prices are a slight bit cheaper in-world, and they've got a 1L kangaroo skin on the marketplace that you can use as a demo, since they don't offer them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.