Philip Rosedale is back as "Strategic Advisor"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For those that don't want to do the math, the above means that LL had 35 folks on the engineering team, has added 7 from Hi Fi, bringing the total engineering team to 42 people ---- out of the 165 total people working on Second Life & Tilia. 

So 25% of the people working on Second Life and Tilia are on the engineering team -- the other 123 folks are doing other stuff.

As someone at a Director level management position out here in RL, and in the tech field, only 25% of LL staff developing this thing? That sure explains a lot.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

They also need to focus on bugs and other issues. Shinies are nice, but fixing bugs would be nicer. That and the biggest thing, they need to have a much better tutorial for new users. Game it if you have to, yo help explain and help the new user understand it better.

We don't need bugs in old systems fixing (many of which are features), we need to replace the old systems with entirely new ones

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

LL should put ChinRey and Penny Patton in charge of designing and building the new user experience, and staffing it with official guides.

And see what happens.

Wouldn't be the first time a "game" company hired on players, and it's not a terrible idea.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

We don't need bugs in old systems fixing (many of which are features), we need to replace the old systems with entirely new ones

I mean we need things to work, and not the Todd Howard definition of it works. Lol. Like it actually working and not riddled with bugs. As I said before new shinies are nice and all, but the bugs that have been around since the beginning of time. They need to be fixed.  I mean I could say we need do a total overhaul of SL, redo it from the ground up. But LL won't do that. Lol

10 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean we need things to work, and not the Todd Howard definition of it works. Lol. Like it actually working and not riddled with bugs. As I said before new shinies are nice and all, but the bugs that have been around since the beginning of time. They need to be fixed.  I mean I could say we need do a total overhaul of SL, redo it from the ground up. But LL won't do that. Lol

A lot of what people classify as bugs are intended behavior. That's how the systems are designed to work.

If you want bugs fixed, you need to be specific. Very specific. Exactly what is happening that you think is a bug.

A comical, steampunk, medieval, Victorian, (all), era/s influenced short machinima video, presented in the vein of a vaudevillian stage show highlighting the facts of SL.
Eg: comedic pirate avatars sailing in the background frequently "shantying" something about rezzing fully to get the, (visual), treasure, based on some incredibly well known American folk tune or something.
Similar to the main theme tune which again could be popular folk or English nursery rhyme with the words changed... or something. (my friends and I do this all the time - for some reason🤨😉😊).  
And I've just realised... Audio is SL's achillies heel. BIGTIME.
SL's new age begins with updated Audio format/s -> A.S.A.P.
THE most compatible across all devices/intended uses -> pronto!

Then and only then may the show truly begin.
And gimme my audio synch timecode switch for BPM synchronised dancing - finally.

Edited by Maryanne Solo
S.M.P.T.E-athetic post lol. (time code).
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:08 AM, Tama Suki said:

Unfortunately, the bored and wealthy elderly housewives plus a few old pain in the ass ultraboomers and a large group of pseudo sexual maniacs are the ones that set the trend. The problem is just that. SL has transformed from a fantastic new world full of opportunities into a gray nursing home. I really hope that the competition from other new metaverses can stimulate some changes otherwise I think we are going towards extinction.

Do I detect a little disdain for the aging process? Let me remind you of the alternative to aging, no-one gets out of here alive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
33 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Do I detect a little disdain for the aging process? Let me remind you of the alternative to aging, no-one gets out of here alive.

The Judginess is strong in this one.

"With Age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone" - Oscar Wilde

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The Judginess is strong in this one.

As if all elderly women are former housewives. Are there any women in the US of A that are just housewives these days?  Everyone in my generation combined housewifery with a career.  Some were lucky enough to get more than 6 weeks off to have a baby. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, kali Wylder said:

As if all elderly women are former housewives. Are there any women in the US of A that are just housewives these days?  Everyone in my generation combined housewifery with a career.  Some were lucky enough to get more than 6 weeks off to have a baby. 

Absolutely true. And, I might add, what is so awful about being a housewife? It's galling that this is a role into which women were forced for much of the 20th century, while simultaneously being mocked for taking it up.

The women of the past 50 years have shown astonishing resilience and versatility. We've taken up careers and proved we can do any job we put our hand to well. We continue, at the same time, to be saddled with the bulk of the burden, in every sense, of childbirth and child rearing. And we're still mostly expected to be the ones who tidy and do the dishes.

This kind of dismissive attitude really . . . annoys me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I was talking about Second Life using metaphors, perhaps harsh and rude, but metaphors.
I was not talking about the condition of women in our society nor despising the age of anyone in general, also because I myself am starting to overcome the middle of the century of my journey on this planet.
But I understand that I may have offended someone by lacking sensitivity and therefore I apologize.
If my apologies here are not enough to repay the mistake I made I offer to work for you for free inworld as a butler for as long as you wish wearing only a maid livery and nothing else underneath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I was talking about Second Life using metaphors, perhaps harsh and rude, but metaphors.
I was not talking about the condition of women in our society nor despising the age of anyone in general, also because I myself am starting to overcome the middle of the century of my journey on this planet.
But I understand that I may have offended someone by lacking sensitivity and therefore I apologize.
If my apologies here are not enough to repay the mistake I made I offer to work for you for free inworld as a butler for as long as you wish wearing only a maid livery and nothing else underneath.

I hope a few of the women on this forum take you up on your offer. Unfortunately I don't have an SL house that needs cleaning, because I wouldn't mind having a robot maid. ( A male avatar wearing nothing but a maid outfit would be unsettling though.)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I hope a few of the women on this forum take you up on your offer. Unfortunately I don't have an SL house that needs cleaning, because I wouldn't mind having a robot maid. ( A male avatar wearing nothing but a maid outfit would be unsettling though.)

I was inspired by this famous Italian-French film "Il vizietto". But I confess I don't have that physique and therefore I could be disturbing, it's true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

....But I understand that I may have offended someone by lacking sensitivity and therefore I apologize.

I accept your apology, no need for reparations.  But I would like to know what you meant by "old pain in the ass ultraboomers".  All of us boomers are old now and some are pains in the ass, but what did you mean by ultra? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

I accept your apology, no need for reparations.  But I would like to know what you meant by "old pain in the ass ultraboomers".  All of us boomers are old now and some are pains in the ass, but what did you mean by ultra? 

2c6407a0e1842adff52862dd0ec48553.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.