Jump to content

Exploring the neighborhoods without teleporting


Elise Fugazi
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

For obvious reasons this is hard to do on the mainland but in Bellisseria when out and about I try not to ever use teleport. Using a scooter, bike, car, boat to get around has led me to find some really cool spots (i'm sure many of you have already found).

When sailing I love the little things like the floating crates in the water, the underwater gardens or a shipwreck plus all the cute hidden beaches dotted over. I've found so many cute resting spots while riding around on the scooter and have met new neighbors as well!

I'm challenging you all to teleport less and see how long you can do it for :)

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are so many spots you'll miss if you exclusively use teleporting to get around.  The Trick-or-treat event helped people find some unique locations even though many people just TPd from place to place.  It might be fun to have some sort of geo-caching event with clues and tasks to complete to get more people out walking, driving, or boating.   Not a race, but a finish at your own pace type game. I love it when people pass by my home.  It doesn't happen nearly often enough.  I want to sit on my front porch with a pitcher of lemonade and invite someone walking or boating by to come and sit with me.  I was hoping that that what the stilts would be since they are so open, but everyone turns off the ability to see them sitting on their decks and there weren't as many boats as I'd hoped.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

There are so many spots you'll miss if you exclusively use teleporting to get around.  The Trick-or-treat event helped people find some unique locations even though many people just TPd from place to place.  It might be fun to have some sort of geo-caching event with clues and tasks to complete to get more people out walking, driving, or boating.   Not a race, but a finish at your own pace type game. I love it when people pass by my home.  It doesn't happen nearly often enough.  I want to sit on my front porch with a pitcher of lemonade and invite someone walking or boating by to come and sit with me.  I was hoping that that what the stilts would be since they are so open, but everyone turns off the ability to see them sitting on their decks and there weren't as many boats as I'd hoped.

That's such a great idea!  I always yell hello or blow my horn on my boat when passing by people - probably annoying as hell :D

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elise Fugazi said:

That's such a great idea!  I always yell hello or blow my horn on my boat when passing by people - probably annoying as hell :D

I get around in a helicopter.... don't ya think that's annoying when I'm buzzing thru their treetops!!!  LOL I have been known to intentionally 'buzz' the lil green dots of the map... but I don't hang around long. It's my neighbors that has to put up with going in/out all the time. 

BTW it has floats too... so doubles as a boat. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other day I set sail from my house and sailed all around the entire Victorian continent, into the trad location and up through the boat parade route and back down to my house. It took hours but I did it and I loved it. I saw so many cute houses and decor. Some done up by forum members I recognized.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DennisnIT said:

I get around in a helicopter.... don't ya think that's annoying when I'm buzzing thru their treetops!!!  LOL I have been known to intentionally 'buzz' the lil green dots of the map... but I don't hang around long. It's my neighbors that has to put up with going in/out all the time. 

BTW it has floats too... so doubles as a boat. 

I'm laughing out loud at your post, because it's kind of "griefer-ish" and nice to know people are still having mischievous fun.  If I was to see you buzzing over my tree tops, I would cheekily board your helicopter as a passenger!

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I love blowing my incredibly loud train whistle as I pass through couples doing who knows what in their Victorians - think it's my new hobby 

Ditto what I just said to Dennis above.

Sounds like you are having great fun. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'm laughing out loud at your post, because it's kind of "griefer-ish" and nice to know people are still having mischievous fun.  If I was to see you buzzing over my tree tops, I would cheekily board your helicopter as a passenger!

I've had several boarding passengers as I fly around!  They just TP-sit right in with me.  One was quite interesting to chat with as we buzzed around north of the fairgrounds.... a cat avi as I recall. (I fly extremely low... under bridges and all... my copter is not that big, MUCH FUN for me... and being able to set-down on water ANYWHERE is a plus. 

'Griefer-ish' ... is if I turn on it Siren! and Search Light..... could do dat RIGHT into a couple's window!!   (Nah... I'm not DAT mischievous..... (maybe!))

Edited by DennisnIT
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rarely teleport unless I'm making waypoints or something. I like to drive, fly or boat places. Best drive is from Buffalo Springs through the chalets, through the Stilts to log regions then around the log coast to Swordfish. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love exploring SL by vehicle, especially Bellisseria. I travel by Teeglepet, sampan or just walking around fantasy Bellisseria and by tallship, sailboat or motorboat everywhere else. I used to fly and drive more in past years but lag increase moved me to the water and slower vehicles. also, just got this in my email today, don't remember LL doing this before... https://gyazo.com/3da19d60c844e86dd39337920642af21

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Madonna666 said:

I rarely teleport unless I'm making waypoints or something. I like to drive, fly or boat places. Best drive is from Buffalo Springs through the chalets, through the Stilts to log regions then around the log coast to Swordfish. 

I haven't done the drive through the Chalets yet - on my list now!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DevinKnights84 said:

I love exploring SL by vehicle, especially Bellisseria. I travel by Teeglepet, sampan or just walking around fantasy Bellisseria and by tallship, sailboat or motorboat everywhere else. I used to fly and drive more in past years but lag increase moved me to the water and slower vehicles. also, just got this in my email today, don't remember LL doing this before... https://gyazo.com/3da19d60c844e86dd39337920642af21

Can I use this photo in another post about privacy and safety?  I will credit you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My new favorite way of exploring Belli lately.  🦄

jan2022_graff_vf_00.thumb.jpg.b79c05d8a323dfaba3f1166aed432833.jpg

I'm sorry if I accidently crash into anyone's backyards during my vroom sessions..  😱

Edited by VaelFaye
  • Like 6
  • Haha 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, VaelFaye said:

My new favorite way of exploring Belli lately.  🦄

jan2022_graff_vf_00.thumb.jpg.b79c05d8a323dfaba3f1166aed432833.jpg

I'm sorry if I accidently crash into anyone's backyards during my vroom sessions..  😱

Omggg I love it! I hope I spot you in action 😂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seem to do a better job of this when I'm around the regions with traditional style houses or houseboats than anywhere else. I have tried doing it new my cabin and my fantasy home without success! I have lots of fun trying though. I really admire anyone who can navigate around Bellisseria this way. It takes serious skill.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ride around the log cabin regions and Fanatsseria to relax. The scenery and the rythmic clopping sound of hooves is perfect to switch my mind off before bed. Riding at night on the Fantasy Regions is magical, pure joy. 

honey_041.thumb.png.da7b33ae08dc4d54ec15092e97827882.png
 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 4:01 AM, honeyshyla said:

I ride around the log cabin regions and Fanatsseria to relax. The scenery and the rythmic clopping sound of hooves is perfect to switch my mind off before bed. Riding at night on the Fantasy Regions is magical, pure joy. 

honey_041.thumb.png.da7b33ae08dc4d54ec15092e97827882.png
 

I attempted to sail from the Belli Fairgrounds to Fantasy - When I finally got to the community center I realized my boat was too big for the canals. Going to try it again by on a rowboat :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 1:20 AM, Elise Fugazi said:

For obvious reasons this is hard to do on the mainland but in Bellisseria when out and about I try not to ever use teleport. Using a scooter, bike, car, boat to get around has led me to find some really cool spots (i'm sure many of you have already found).

When sailing I love the little things like the floating crates in the water, the underwater gardens or a shipwreck plus all the cute hidden beaches dotted over. I've found so many cute resting spots while riding around on the scooter and have met new neighbors as well!

I'm challenging you all to teleport less and see how long you can do it for :)

I once walked from the south coast of the Vics area up to the north coast of the Trads, just to see how long it would take (slightly under 2 hours).

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...