Bad relationship

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 81 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Yes, you do seem to use the excuse I "could" be RPing if you ever get called out on anything or someone disagrees with you. Clever. ;)

Well I wasn't talking about anything I have done, you wouldn't be trying to deflect the argument by changing the subject would you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

That book brought back a very fond memory… it was in my late mom’s bookcase ♥️
I remember seeing it all the time among her other psychology textbooks. I must ask my dad to try and find it now!

I found this book many years ago gathering research material for a subject I was writing.
Very very interesting, especially the way the subject is treated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The thread was posted in Lifestyles and Relationships, not the Roleplay forum for a reason I would think.

But it must be admitted that what the OP wrote really looks like an RP story.
I mean ... meeting a random shemale, having sex with him and then feeling terribly hurt and then saying it's not a big deal.
The interpretation that Alwin has given seems to me very polite instead. Much more than mine that I am a rude, brilliant and important artist.
You should perhaps understand that a grown man has another perspective on this sort of thing in a game called Second Life.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Tama Suki said:

But it must be admitted that what the OP wrote really looks like an RP story.
I mean ... meeting a random shemale, having sex with him and then feeling terribly hurt and then saying it's not a big deal.
The interpretation that Alwin has given seems to me very polite instead. Much more than mine that I am a rude, brilliant and important artist.
You should perhaps understand that a grown man has another perspective on this sort of thing in a game called Second Life.

Of course it was a big deal or she wouldn't have come and posted it.  She just SAID it wasn't because people were making fun of her for actually feeling like it was a big deal. Learn a bit about how human reactions work especially on a forum.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I found this book many years ago gathering research material for a subject I was writing.
Very very interesting, especially the way the subject is treated.

I have to admit I never fully read it, my mom was a clinical psychologist and mania was one of her research areas. I read (skimmed!) through some of the books she had and that’s when I decided that humans are definitely too bloody complicated for me, so I studied animals instead 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Of course it was a big deal or she wouldn't have come and posted it.  She just SAID it wasn't because people were making fun of her for actually feeling like it was a big deal. Learn a bit about how human reactions work especially on a forum.

And you, on the other hand, are you angry with Ayeleeon who said polite words and above all of extraordinary common sense?
Maybe you're the one who needs to learn to read the threads before lashing out at one of your victims.

Edited by Tama Suki
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I have to admit I never fully read it, my mom was a clinical psychologist and mania was one of her research areas. I read (skimmed!) through some of the books she had and that’s when I decided that humans are definitely too bloody complicated for me, so I studied animals instead 😅

From that point of view, on the other hand, I am just a simple hobbyist, I know the subject only in an approximate way. The subject of manias that sometimes result in the human character is interesting. Then I made connections with global awareness and all pretty weird stuff.
However I have a dog and a cat in my house so I understand you 😂 sometimes animals are much more empathetic and pleasant than humans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

From that point of view, on the other hand, I am just a simple hobbyist, I know the subject only in an approximate way. The subject of manias that sometimes result in the human character is interesting. Then I made connections with global awareness and all pretty weird stuff.
However I have a dog and a cat in my house so I understand you 😂 sometimes animals are much more empathetic and pleasant than humans.

I know probably way less than you do about this subject!

The connection between manias and global awareness is interesting, without knowing anything about this on my side, I can think of some cases where there can be a definite link.  I will definitely stick with animals though, thinking about manias is probably not good for me… I don’t need more anxiety about global warming and my household not doing enough for sustainability! 😅🙈

• Like 5

As a general rule, if you've met an overly sexualized avatar at a hookup sim,  don't expect a monogamous relationship at the end of your fun. It's probably not their destination and you're forcing your ideals onto them.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Of course it was a big deal or she wouldn't have come and posted it.

Not true at all. it might have been a big deal, it might not have, the fact that she choose to make this post doesnt prove anything about it. It is also possile none of it happened at all, and she made it all up just to make a post and see the reaction.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

Not true at all. it might have been a big deal, it might not have, the fact that she choose to make this post doesnt prove anything about it. It is also possile none of it happened at all, and she made it all up just to make a post and see the reaction.

I'll make a note of this. :)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

if it was the first time there was drama brought to the forum i'd say OK.. but it's not  ( not specific this poster)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

But I certainly respect those who think that a person can suffer love pain from a chance encounter with a shemale avatar designed for sexual purposes encountered in an erotic dating sim. 😏😂

Edited by Tama Suki
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Empathy and compassion. Some people just don't have either one.

These are very important values that should never be done without.
To disturb them in the context in which we are now seems to me a rather grotesque thing.

10 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

These are very important values that should never be done without.
To disturb them in the context in which we are now seems to me a rather grotesque thing.

Why is talking about compassion grotesque? 
Seems you have a lot of hate for people who are different to you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 4:46 PM, MRSCANDIREDBONE said:

... came across this shemale in a sim ...

Unless she specifically uses the word "shemale" to describe herself, it's disrespectful and a word to avoid..  

I'm sorry you were hurt.  In RL, people assume monogamy unless otherwise stated.  In SL, the reverse is true.  One of many reasons is that you have to assume people here also have relationships outside SL, unless you've been told otherwise.

• They regard intimacy in SL as just pixel sex, in which case you (specifically) are likely to get hurt by the difference in emotional investment.
  • It's something their RL partner(s) is/are aware of or would be cool with, which suggests they are at least partly non-monagamous.
  • They're concealing it from their RL partner, which calls into question why they should be trusted with one's emotions.
  • Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with it, if you agreed to a relationship and he met another woman in spite of that, it's completely out of character,Some people can't be mature no matter how old they get. Yes, you're upset now, but don't worry... You'll soon be glad that someone like this is gone from your life. 

7 hours ago, Ina Fairport said:

It is already said, monogamy is a rare thing in SL and the main reason why I am not looking anymore for a relationship.

It's hardly 'rare', I know tons of people who've are in or have been in long term monogamous relationships in SL. People are just awful at reading people and end up with the wrong sorts because they're much too desperate to pace themselves so that they may get to actually know people before they declare them their soul mates, and then get their hearts 'broken' when it turns out the other person wasn't any prince charming at all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 81 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.