Privacy in Second Life: Varieties, Issues, and Solutions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Looks like a drop biscuit to me. I discovered them quite by accident 40 years ago when I was attempting to make sugar cookies for the first time, from scratch... without a recipe. They were quite yummy. That's when the drop biscuits took over and I got lazy making biscuits.

Trust me, you don’t want whatever the hell came out of my bread maker to drop on you. It was no accident, I worked from a recipe in the bread maker book, and that’s the second attempt. I had to drill the first out of the bucket by twisting a bread knife into it, while yelling “die you little monster!”

• Haha 4

I have a bread machine. The instructions were way off. I had to add 1/4 cup of water to what was listed in the recipe book that came with it. The wheat bread recipe had to be adjusted with an additional 4 tablespoons of flour. Yours looks like it needed more water.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I have a bread machine. The instructions were way off. I had to add 1/4 cup of water to what was listed in the recipe book that came with it. The wheat bread recipe had to be adjusted with an additional 4 tablespoons of flour. Yours looks like it needed more water.

I absolutely refuse to water @Madelaine McMastersbiscuits, but I've got a box of chicken juice in the pantry she can have.  It might be past the expiration date, though.

9 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Trust me, you don’t want whatever the hell came out of my bread maker to drop on you. It was no accident, I worked from a recipe in the bread maker book, and that’s the second attempt. I had to drill the first out of the bucket by twisting a bread knife into it, while yelling “die you little monster!”

Stop over kneading the dough (you want a few tiny air pockets) and make sure the yeast you used is not old. You did remember to let the dough rise right? Hand kneading is better because you can feel what's going on with the dough, imo.

Grrrrr... now I need to start making fresh bread again. Good thing he stocked me up on yeast not long ago. lol

10 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

In winter, humidity is lower.  When baking, that plays an important roll in the amount of moisture needed to obtain the same results when the humidity is higher.  Some science stuff I can't explain and why I don't bake.  Ok, I don't cook.either but that's a whole different thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now see. All you people who have all those electronic gadgets in your homes just to be able to operate something in your home... what are you going to do when your refrigerator decides you need to go on a diet or Siri opens all the doors and windows while you are on vacation and refuses to close them or Alexa thinks you're using too much electricity and shuts your computer down right in the middle of

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.