where am i going wrong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i used to have paypal and credit card set up to buy lindens, after i was hacked i removed them both and left it for a few months, i have recently tried to set them up again using a new verified paypal and bank i used before, but have had 2 days of a nightmare telling me There was a problem charging your payment method.if i click  on return to product page the message i get is 

Buy L$ : Payment Cancelled

We are unable to complete your request.

Your payment was cancelled.

Try again

i have sent a ticket as yet no reply this is depressing, anyone know how to fix this,,ty

You may want to try Lindal's suggestion and transfer some money from your bank account to the paypal wallet. This allows paypal to immediately make a payment to LL instead of having to transfer from the bank to paypal to LL.

Are you outside the US? The credit card should have worked without a problem. There are also limits to how much linden dollars you can buy based on your account age.

• Like 1

there has never been an issue before, i used to have paypal and credit set up, paypal took from credit card no issue before, no idea why this is happening now, as for account age i am coming upto 17 yrs on sl in April. i am in the uk i have tried to send bank to paypal but this is not a way i want to try, the bank wont accept that kind of transfer

My paypal takes the money from my bank account too. Never a problem. I don't have no money in the Paypal wallet.
So either the problem is something between your bank and Paypal or between LL and Paypal.
If Paypal transactions to other sides go without problems, it is something with LL and you should contact them like others already suggested.

• Like 1

i will be , i have just spoke to a friend on sl itself, he told me there is a new way LL deal with paypal now, that they send or take 1usd from paypal to be able to verify it with your account, not sure when this happens, just hope they reply to my ticket i sent them a couple of days ago soon, ty all for trying to help is appreciated

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 10:47 PM, zaradon Marlin said:

there has never been an issue before, i used to have paypal and credit set up, paypal took from credit card no issue before, no idea why this is happening now, as for account age i am coming upto 17 yrs on sl in April. i am in the uk i have tried to send bank to paypal but this is not a way i want to try, the bank wont accept that kind of transfer

wait another day. I use paypal too.

or contact your bank .

that is CC delayed not paypal

reason

1. network issue

2. your transaction is suspicipus

for a couple of reason

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

On 1/25/2022 at 1:53 AM, tas853 said:

I having same issue, set up paypal as payment method no problem but when try to but Lindens get payment cancelled message.

Is your PayPal account linked to a bank account or a major credit card as a backup payment method? This is what LL means when they say you must have a "verified" PayPal account.

On 1/12/2022 at 7:11 PM, zaradon Marlin said:

...after i was hacked...

/me twitches...

I wish people would stop saying that. You didn't get hacked, you clicked a phishing link and you entered your login credentials on a bogus SL website clone designed to steal your details. Not hacking... Phishing, Hacking... Two totally different things!... 

hyperventilate-paper-bag.gif.fb7c5d0392f44c907a7021b7e0dd0fef.gif

This software developer gets a little annoyed when she sees the word "hacked" used like that... Anyway, i'm over it. As we where. ;) 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.