My builds keep vanishing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've noticed over the last 4 days or so, I've been having alot of issues with building - I wanted to circle back and see if anyone else was having these problems. 

Over the last 4 days I have built out parcels in three different mainland regions 4 different times. I'll build the parcel out for an hour or so, everything will be great, I'll set it to sale - see that it lists. Then when I come back a few hours later, everything is gone. Nothing was returned to my lost and found andall of the items used in the build are no longer in my inventory or on the parcel. 

At first I thought this was a lag thing in the region, but it's now happened to me in three different regions on three separate occasions. I don't have anyone that has access to my prims or the group they are set to, so I know no one is coming behind me to pick them up and I know it's not internet related because my connection is stable and everything else runs fine (I work on the internet from home).

I submitted a ticket yesterday, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem as well. 

I doubt this is the problem you're having, but for completeness: Somewhere I saw a complaint that in the most recent restarts a region came back with state from over an hour before the restart happened. It's not unusual for there to be some gap but that seems a bit long. It sure wouldn't explain four days of troubles on different sims, at least not without some unholy bad luck.

The fact the items are not getting back to your Lost&Found but are missing from the parcel does narrow the possibilities. (You know they're missing from the parcel because the land impact on the parcel reflects their absence, correct? It's not just that you can't see them in the viewer, right? Because if they're still in the land impact, they're still on the parcel, and they're just hiding behind viewer cache b0rkage.)

If as you say there's nobody with access to the group the objects are set to this wouldn't apply, but items that are shared with group are eligible to be taken by even the lowliest members of that group, but I'm guessing you didn't have that setting. Nor were the objects set for sale Original at L$0 each (to be sure, I think it's possible to check transaction history in the dashboard even for L$0 transfers). Nor were the objects set to allow Anyone to Move, right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I doubt this is the problem you're having, but for completeness: Somewhere I saw a complaint that in the most recent restarts a region came back with state from over an hour before the restart happened. It's not unusual for there to be some gap but that seems a bit long. It sure wouldn't explain four days of troubles on different sims, at least not without some unholy bad luck.

The fact the items are not getting back to your Lost&Found but are missing from the parcel does narrow the possibilities. (You know they're missing from the parcel because the land impact on the parcel reflects their absence, correct? It's not just that you can't see them in the viewer, right? Because if they're still in the land impact, they're still on the parcel, and they're just hiding behind viewer cache b0rkage.)

If as you say there's nobody with access to the group the objects are set to this wouldn't apply, but items that are shared with group are eligible to be taken by even the lowliest members of that group, but I'm guessing you didn't have that setting. Nor were the objects set for sale Original at L$0 each (to be sure, I think it's possible to check transaction history in the dashboard even for L$0 transfers). Nor were the objects set to allow Anyone to Move, right?

Yup - all of those are correct. Weird right? 

• Like 1

I had this happen yesterday.  I made a few small changes to things I had rezzed out on my mainland parcel.  Less than 30 minutes later, SOME things had reverted back...while others remained the same.

Some objects I had deleted were back in their original place, and the ones I'd rezzed to replace them were gone.  Nothing in Lost & Found.

A skybox I had rezzed at a different height was still there, along with most of its contents - but the teleporter I had put in that building for access was gone.

and meanwhile Lucia Nightfire suggests that there is nothing untoward occurring with save states and region restarts:

For once I think Lucia is wrong.

Oh, and ignore my final post in that thread!  It was just a bit of whimsy on my part and a long way from serious comment.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here they say it *was* a bug. I am getting this all the time, and so are tenants. It is definitely something about the timing in the sims and how they are not put back as they were or even don't stay consistent after a rolling restart. And frankly the "fix" -- tping away and returning -- does NOT work. I am clearing cache a zillion times and sometimes that works.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.