Possible to break up an AO?

BranScanlon

Hi everyone!

Like the title mentions - is there a way to break up an AO collection you've bought? I have one which has a lot of animations I really like, but some of them just...don't work? And the AO resets every time I log in, so I can't consistently set what I want in a way that's not annoying.

What I'd like to do is get the animations out of the AO, and put them into the Firestorm AO function, so that it's only drawing from the pool I want. Is that even allowed?

28 minutes ago, BranScanlon said:

Hi everyone!

Like the title mentions - is there a way to break up an AO collection you've bought? I have one which has a lot of animations I really like, but some of them just...don't work? And the AO resets every time I log in, so I can't consistently set what I want in a way that's not annoying.

What I'd like to do is get the animations out of the AO, and put them into the Firestorm AO function, so that it's only drawing from the pool I want. Is that even allowed?

Hmm, I'd think that would all depend on whether the AO's HUD allows mod or not... when you piece your own together, you put the individual animations into the HUD along with a notecard that lists out what each animation file should affect.

I assume full bought AOs function the same way? Right click on the AO HUD > Edit, then go to the Contents tab and see if you can edit the config notecard, or delete/add other single poses/animations from your inventory into the contents. If you can add things to it and edit the notecard, then you'll be able to change around and effectively edit the AO however you'd like by adding or replacing certain animations, but I'm still not sure if you'd be able to pull the original animations out and into your inventory to put in the Firestorm AO.

If you can't add anything or edit the notecard, then I don't think there's a way to break it up... but I also have pretty limited knowledge and SL is wacky and nonsensical sometimes so, maybe there's another way of breaking it apart that I don't know about!

If the AO and animations are copy, yank out the animations of interest and put them in a AO that can be setup similar to ZHAO or setup with some kind of structure you can set up in a notecard.

That's what I did with my own self-scripted AO.

• Like 1

I own most of the Oracul AOs, and I've written a script that extracts all of the animations into neat folders that I store separately in my inventory. I also have my own AO for which I frankenstein new animation sets from all the different AOs I have.

So yeah, you can totally do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BranScanlon said:

Hi everyone!

Yes you can. Just rez it on the ground, right click and choose "Open". This will put all the animations in a folder that you can then choose the animations you want. I do this with all of mine.

• Thanks 1