What's the most griefer-ish thing you've done in SL that you secretly wish you could still do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

"Griefer-ish". 

Retro stuff that none of us do any more because we know it might get us suspended, and who would want to risk that? 

(lol)

Persephone, thank you for starting a fun thread. It's January, it's gloomy, I certainly needed the injection of fun.

She dared to make an attempt to connect two worlds.
You don't even remotely have the courage to do such a thing.
So i feel big respect for her and a kind of compassion for you.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Perhaps the title isn't really appropriate then?  I attribute griefing to harassment and I don't think that is what you are talking about here. 

Griefing is deliberately harmful and disrespectful, so I can't understand why anyone thinks of it as fun or entertaining.  On the other hand, I can relate to silliness and practical jokes that don't damage property and aren't done in a nasty way.  I've made all sorts of booby traps that explode with a puff of smoke or drop things on you, but I've only put them on my own land or on group-owned land where they are just pranks among friends, or where they are part of a game or something like a Halloween fun house.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

might get us suspended, and who would want to risk that?

Coughs... vpn.. alt...spoof mac + hdd... done.

19 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What's the most griefer-ish thing you've done in SL that you secretly wish you could still do?

Not in SL cause i always used it for business so never cared about trying stuff in it... but in Opensims (which theoretically is the same) i did crash 2 regions that a friend made, back in the old days.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Griefing is deliberately harmful and disrespectful, so I can't understand why anyone thinks of it as fun or entertaining.  On the other hand, I can relate to silliness and practical jokes that don't damage property and aren't done in a nasty way.  I've made all sorts of booby traps that explode with a puff of smoke or drop things on you, but I've only put them on my own land or on group-owned land where they are just pranks among friends, or where they are part of a game or something like a Halloween fun house.  

Excuse me Loon I ask you very sincerely.
But do you pretend to be like this or are you joking?
I ask you this because I am honestly perplexed by this attitude of yours that you often show regarding these argonemts.
I mean, can I ask you how you were born in Second Life?

• Confused 1

Oh man.

Back when I was still noobish, I had rented out half a sim. The other half belonged to a shemale beach resort. I started setting up the house and then when to bed. I logged in the next day to find a slew of people from the other side in my swimming pool. I told them that I owned this half of the sim and they were in my pool. They apologized and left....well most. I figured the ones left behind were afk so I kicked them out. Once they came back from being afk, they didnt like how there were removed and left me some not-so-nice messages. I laughed and put up ban lines. These people really attempted to fly over the ban lines for days. I got fed up and installed machine gun turrets along the border, set each one to 100 meters, turned them on.

My god, I have never been so amused in my life. 

These turrets not only began shooting them out of the sky and sending them back to wherever their home was set to, but each time a bullet hit, there was blood and gut splatter and soon, their entire half of the sim was covered in blood and guts. Whoever ran the shemale beach resort eventually contacted me and we struck a peace deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I kinda like that this thread is called "griefer-ish" and I'm pretty sure everyone who's posted their past hijinks has understood that the OP was referring to non-harassing, good ol fun and silliness. Perhaps some of "trolling" or "griefing" behavior that's reported today is really just well-meaning people trying to have fun or experiment with things and unintentionally bother other people in the process. I'm guessing these things were a bit more socially acceptable back then, which is a shame, since it can be good to step back and laugh sometimes.

Sometimes to me it feels like people in SL tend to take it way too seriously and turn their nose up at nonsense, whether its actual intentional harassment or just someone trying to goof off and have fun. This thread has been a lot of fun to read through, since it directly contradicts that perception! :) And I think it's a good thing to think back on those times and remember how fun it was, and more importantly that it was done in the spirit of having fun and not to ruin someone's day or otherwise be malevolent.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

But do you pretend to be like this or are you joking?
I ask you this because I am honestly perplexed by this attitude of yours that you often show regarding these argonemts.

Why would I joke?  What attitude?  I, too, am perplexed. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

Near your home?
Do you really think you own something in SL?
And above all are you sure that someone could not troll you in the land that you have the ephemeral security of owning just because you are paying a rent?

I think we're all familiar with what 'ownership' of land means in SL!

• Like 3

On 1/12/2022 at 5:23 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

There is a parcel next to mine that allows rezzing. It's has a pretty little Japanese style teahouse on it, but I never see the owner online or doing anything with it. I rezzed a few trees on it, to pull it's landscaping in with my own woods. I know what you mean about griefers using rezzable land for dropping griefing objects, but I also like that random people can use this teahouse to rez packages and dress if they wish, so I don't want to use up all of my neighbor's unused prims. 

/me goes inworld to check her Japanese style teahouse...

(I don't think it's mine -- mine is full of cats, but it does allow rezzing lol)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.