Derending Pets

Flynn50

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You right click on the pet, then the pie menu shows up, click more, more then de-render, you can temp de-render them, which means if you log out or leave n come back in later, you will see them again, or you can blacklist them and never se them again. If you want to take something out of de-render blacklist just go to asset blacklist  in Comm tab.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gem Oxygen said:

You right click on the pet, then the pie menu shows up, click more, more then de-render, you can temp de-render them, which means if you log out or leave n come back in later, you will see them again, or you can blacklist them and never se them again. If you want to take something out of de-render blacklist just go to asset blacklist  in Comm tab.

I don't believe this method works on attachments, which appears to be what the OP was describing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't believe this method works on attachments, which appears to be what the OP was describing. 

I thought once upon a time there were folks whining about the ability of others to derender someone's clothing and thus see the naughty bits. Are attached pets handled differently than attached clothing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought once upon a time there were folks whining about the ability of others to derender someone's clothing and thus see the naughty bits. Are attached pets handled differently than attached clothing?

I have no idea, which is why I worded it as "I... believe". I can't say I've tried it myself, but that's the impression I had. I just derender the entire avatar for being a jerk and bringing a laggy pet to a laggy location. ;)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have found that if you click on the pet bringing up the pie menu that you can derender the pet either tempor blacklist. I have been black listing as I do visit a clubs quiet often and fine there are enough scripts running there without someone dragging a pet along with them. Anything from a tiny dog to a horse I have delisted and anything up to 4 or 5 everytime I go to a club. 

Sylvia I like your thinking behind this process I might just do myself lol !!!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Derender their clothes, snap a few pictures, then AR them for being naked at a General-rated InfoHub.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Derender their clothes, snap a few pictures, then AR them for being naked at a General-rated InfoHub.

Most mesh clothing you can derender have the naughty bits alphaed out so they fit the avatar, plus that is is a ahole dick move as it is even if they didn't.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/19/2022 at 8:09 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I went shopping for "The Saturday Sale" and someone brought their chicken with them shopping. I mean...is that really necessary?

Maybe they're buying clothes for their chicken?   Or they want to see if the outfit they want to buy will go with their pet chicken?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 6

On 1/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

On 2/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, Rabid Cheetah said:  Derender their clothes, snap a few pictures, then AR them for being naked at a General-rated InfoHub.
On 2/20/2022 at 7:14 PM, Gem Oxygen said:

Most mesh clothing you can derender have the naughty bits alphaed out so they fit the avatar, plus that is is a ahole dick move as it is even if they didn't.

Uh huh.

Worse is having no sense of humor.

No, I'm not gonna really do that!  Geez!  Thanks for reafirming my decision to leave this game.  The userbase just ain't what it used to be.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

No, I'm not gonna really do that!  Geez!  Thanks for reafirming my decision to leave this game.  The userbase just ain't what it used to be.

Your loss. Do you really think after reading these forums that people in SL have no sense of humor? I couldn't care less if you derender the clothes (or houses) of other avatars, but I still think it's a stupid way to get your jollies.

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Your loss. Do you really think after reading these forums that people in SL have no sense of humor? I couldn't care less if you derender the clothes (or houses) of other avatars, but I still think it's a stupid way to get your jollies.

I do believe that the POSTER THAT REPLIED TO ME, or anyone else for that matter, who thinks I'm ACTUALLY gonna go to a General-rated area, derender someone's clothes (which doesn't even seem to be possible), snap a picture, and violate the ToS by filling a false AR against some random person in a General area...well, YES -- no sense of humor.  The ENTIRE bulk of the folks on the forum?  No.  But enough people lacking a sense of humor in 2022 versus when I joined SL in 2006 that there's been a significant decline in the qualities of  the userbase?  Unfortunately, yes.

And of course I agree ACTUALLY doing it is indeed a stupid way to get your jollies.

As for anyone who thinks the AR-team, or whatever they're called, after all these years, would fall for such a stunt...well that's just ridiculous.

So of course I was making a joke.  Geez Louise, people.  What The Prim?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Uh huh.

I'm confused as to why you are posting on a game forum you no longer play? I mean if the userbase isn't what it used to be the forum is generally made up of the SL userbase. Shrugs.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I'm confused as to why you are posting on a game forum you no longer play?

She might have been thinking about coming back............. until people of this forum couldn't manage to figure out that she was making a joke and instead attacked her for some behavior they thought she was going to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

She might have been thinking about coming back............. until people of this forum couldn't manage to figure out that she was making a joke and instead attacked her for some behavior they thought she was going to do.

I may not derender clothes but I DO derender hair for sh!ts and giggles.  No, I don't take pics.  It just amuses me and interesting that so many women don't use a hairbase.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I may not derender clothes but I DO derender hair for sh!ts and giggles.  No, I don't take pics.  It just amuses me and interesting that so many women don't use a hairbase.

I sometimes don't put on a base if my hair covers the scalp well and is not a style that would even show tendrils or baby hair around the edges.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I sometimes don't put on a base if my hair covers the scalp well and is not a style that would even show tendrils or baby hair around the edges.

I've always worn one regardless.  I used to have one, back when they were all.appliers, that I used so it wouldn't glitch with baby hairs.  I just hate being totally bald if my hair should arrive sometime after I do.  I also wear a lot of hairbase only type hair.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.