The bane of banlines

Seaplane Jonson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ugly ban lines have long plagued the SL Mainland, but up to this point I had not seen them in Linden Homes regions.  Alas, ugly ban lines have appeared around the house across the pier from my stilt-on-pier Linden Home -- apparently a neighbor has begun banning folks who just happen to walk along the pier.  Now one of my alts -- who has walked on the pier but never entered that parcel or house -- sees those obnoxious ban lines even standing in the front door of my own house, looking out across the pier.  So far, my main account avatar has not been banned, but some of my visitors have, so they too see those ban lines.  (Of course, one can just adjust the viewer settings to hide ban lines, but that's irritating too.)  Anyway, Linden Homes are built fairly close together, so when they do appear, they're really intrusive.  I like the stilt home location I have now, so would only reluctantly give it up, but that may become necessary.  If others have encountered ban lines in LH areas, what did you decide to do?

People are within the letter of the covenant if they manually add random individuals to their parcel ban list.  However, you may wish to check and see if your neighbor has a security orb which is automatically adding the name of anyone nearby to the ban list - those devices are forbidden in the covenant and can be AR'd. 

I had a neighbor who was acting like yours, and as I had two properties together in the very desirable region we shared there was no way I was moving.  So, I added the names of the neighbor and the names of everyone who appeared to own anything on her parcel to my own ban lists.  I then sent an extremely polite IM to the neighbor, pointing out that her practice of banning passersby was very annoying since I frequently traveled the roads in our area, and inviting her to walk by my properties if she wished to see how annoying banlines could be.  I was a little reluctant to do that, since any criticism of a neighbor can result in drama, but this neighbor said nothing and moved shortly thereafter, thank god.

• Like 8

Thanks for the helpful comments about the ban lines issue!  The neighbor with the banning obsession seems somewhat hostile and aggressive, in contrast to the vast majority of friendly neighbors encountered elsewhere over the years.  Thanks again -- I'll carefully consider the suggested options before deciding what to do in this case. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.