We invite you to share your perspective and help us improve the Second Life experience!

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

We'd never be able to agree on the toppings, but I like the creative idea.

As absurd as it may seem to you, I love pizza with salami and pineapple.
I discovered it in London many years ago and I fell in love with it, unfortunately my family rejected me for this but it doesn't matter. 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I'd actually like an alternative SL viewer for Standard English (aka British & Commonwealth English), so that it doesn't constantly irritate me with its hardwired US spellings of meter, color, harbor etc.

1920px-Commonwealth_of_Nations.svg.png

Dark Blue = Commonwealth nations.  Orange = Standard English, but not in Commonwealth.  Light Blue = British Overseas Territories (within Commonwealth).

Oh and L$ to become L£ too.... 😜

How many millions of people have been murdered for the sake of England's conquests?  How many of those conquests were accomplished using genocide?

SYO35T1.png

I'm not seeing anything to be so proud of in any of this.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

How many millions of people have been murdered for the sake of England's conquests?  How many of those conquests were accomplished using genocide?

SYO35T1.png

I'm not seeing anything to be so proud of in any of this.

Wait up! When did Italy happen to be invaded by the UK? 🤔

Schermata 2022-01-16 alle 17.33.35.png

3 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Wait up! When did Italy happen to be invaded by the UK? 🤔

Schermata 2022-01-16 alle 17.33.35.png

The invasion took place in two phases. On 3 September 1943 the British 8th Army crossed the Straits of Messina to the toe of Italy. On the 9 September, just hours after the formal announcement of the surrender of Italy, the Anglo-American 5th Army landed hundreds of miles up the coast at Salerno.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/cabinetpapers/themes/invasion-of-italy.htm#:~:text=The invasion took place in,up the coast at Salerno.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You would most likely call the invasion and genocide of my people liberation. It wasn't.

I have no idea what you are talking about and what your country is but I know the history of my country and I was only responding to the mistake of considering the Anglo-American invasion of 1943 as a bad thing.
For the rest I am not interested in talking about it on this forum, if you like we meet inworld and become friends.

1 minute ago, Tama Suki said:

I have no idea what you are talking about and what your country is but I know the history of my country and I was only responding to the mistake of considering the Anglo-American invasion of 1943 as a bad thing.
For the rest I am not interested in talking about it on this forum, if you like we meet inworld and become friends.

Where did I say the invasion of WWII Italy was bad thing? Nowhere. You pulled that out of your nether end.

No, thank you. I'm not interested in being friends with someone who constantly puts me down and tries to make me feel inferior to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Where did I say the invasion of WWII Italy was bad thing? Nowhere. You pulled that out of your nether end.

No, thank you. I'm not interested in being friends with someone who constantly puts me down and tries to make me feel inferior to them.

Oh come on Silent!
I have never tried to treat you badly nor on this occasion have I tried to treat you with superiority. It seemed only right to reiterate that the British have never invaded my country for predatory purposes. Instead you threw into context an infographic that has nothing to do with what you wrote.
Then, however, we can always be friends and I assure you that inworld I am even more light-hearted than here.

8 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

you threw into context an infographic that has nothing to do with what you wrote.

Ah so you are trying to throw the blame on me for posting an image that shows England has invaded all but 22 countries, for various reasons, in reply to someone else, yet you have no understanding of what my point was and, by your own admission, are not interested in understanding.

That concludes this 'conversation'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, LeiaJourney said:

Is this survey a scam? They told me to email them to schedule an in world Interview. I really don't want to get scammed, but I am a single parent so the $75 for an hour an half having fun in SL sounds really nice to me. 

What $75 are you talking about? Are you suggesting people have to pay $75 just to be able to spend an hour and a half in SL? That is simply not true. You don't have to spend any money on SL to join and spend as much time as you want inworld. It's called a basic account.

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

What $75 are you talking about? Are you suggesting people have to pay $75 just to be able to spend an hour and a half in SL? That is simply not true. You don't have to spend any money on SL to join and spend as much time as you want inworld. It's called a basic account.

In the email, they said participants who were chosen for the in-world interviews would receive a $75 gift card.

image.png.f8238cc90622246093f7f11a3185d758.png

4 hours ago, LeiaJourney said:

Is this survey a scam? They told me to email them to schedule an in world Interview. I really don't want to get scammed, but I am a single parent so the $75 for an hour an half having fun in SL sounds really nice to me. 

I don't think it's a scam, if it's coming directly from Linden Labs. That's a decent amount of money for 30 minutes, so if you were chosen & you're comfortable with doing it, then I say go for it!

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

In the email, they said participants who were chosen for the in-world interviews would receive a $75 gift card.

image.png.f8238cc90622246093f7f11a3185d758.png

I don't think it's a scam, if it's coming directly from Linden Labs. That's a decent amount of money for 30 minutes, so if you were chosen & you're comfortable with doing it, then I say go for it!

Ah. the poster made it sound like you had to pay $75 US CASH to take the survey or have to pay the $75 to be able to log in for only one and a half hours.

I'd do it but I already know they won't select me so it would be a waste of my time.

Definitely an official survey from Linden Lab though.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Leahndra said:

... and they were all ignored in this survey

Wait. You mean there are no black skinned Europeans or brown skinned or even white skinned? 😲

Europeans were dark-skinned until 8,000 years ago | Daily Mail Online

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes' - BBC News

Here’s How Europeans Quickly Evolved Lighter Skin | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

Hmmm...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

8000 years ago .......... 

14 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

image.thumb.png.182edee2a1ded76a928a81b360645dab.png

So?

The ones who are black immigrated to Europe. Why is that of importance anyway? The indigene inhabitants of Europe are white (spanish, italians, greeks, dutch, germans, the norse countries, poland, hungary ...)

2 hours ago, Leahndra said:

... and they were all ignored in this survey

47 minutes ago, Leahndra said:

So?

The ones who are black immigrated to Europe. Why is that of importance anyway? The indigene inhabitants of Europe are white (spanish, italians, greeks, dutch, germans, the norse countries, poland, hungary ...)

Wouldn't that mean, according to your own criteria, that you could just select "White"?

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Leahndra said:

So?

Immigrants don't have children who are considered natural born citizens of the country they are born in? Are you saying that because their parents weren't born in that country, the children are not European? 

Because if that is the case then none of the humans on this planet are European because their ancestors didn't originate in Europe. They originated in Africa like everyone else's ancestors.

Lots of Spaniards are darks skinned, considered brown, not white. Like Ricardo here: 

xXZNcWj.jpeg

Same for Italians and their Mediterranean dark skinned roots.

main-qimg-a0400c77d304b64ed20c81d9f34684

58 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Wouldn't that mean, according to your own criteria, that you could just select "White"?

Yes, i could do that but what about my neighbour who is black but happens to be a german? Does he has to identify as an african-american, or maybe as someone from hawai if not so black and the woman with spanish parents as a latina? The questions were not generated for europeans. Thats why i assume, we do not count here .. just good for the money.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.