Socks that fit?

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

But what about these?

main-qimg-9c847348cf0c9aeace14804e44627c

Those look comfy AF. Can confirm, I can be found frequently sporting a similar look in RL, minus the snazzy socks, I prefer a more lowkey earth tone sock myself.  For all the Croc haters out there...you don't know what you're missing!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Benson Gravois said:

I have a signature av, is that good for "BOM?"

Yes. There's a button on the hud to activate it. You'll also need a BOM skin, if you don't have one already (most skins now have one included, or are BOM-only).  Your avatar will probably go bright red - this shows it's working and you need to take off your body alpha.

• Like 3

You need to buy the Slink mesh hands and feet. They're not that expensive, I believe around $1000.

The feet have built-in socks you can choose. Or some creators have socks that work with them.

Why do I, who abhors mesh bodies, buy the hands and feet?

Because the original system avatar's hands look like the hands of someone who worked at CanCo for 50 years and lost some of their fingers. The feet look like a webbed creature's feet.

There has to be something I can put those 30L Saturday and Happy 60L Weekend sneakers and rings on. So Slink it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You need to buy the Slink mesh hands and feet. They're not that expensive, I believe around $1000.

He says he already has a Signature mesh body. He doesn't need to buy Slink hands and feet as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

He says he already has a Signature mesh body. He doesn't need to buy Slink hands and feet as well.

OK, so the mesh body comes with its own hands and feet, good to know! I am not versed on mesh bodies. I find the concept creepy. So couldn't that mesh body have the same kind of HUD for socks on it? 

1 minute ago, Prokofy Neva said:

OK, so the mesh body comes with its own hands and feet, good to know! I am not versed on mesh bodies. I find the concept creepy. So couldn't that mesh body have the same kind of HUD for socks on it? 

All mesh bodies include their own hands and feet but they don't include socks (at least none that I've seen). They do sometimes come with other underwear though.

Any BOM socks, or Omega or Signature appliers, will work with the OP's body.  What you're referring to with your Slink feet will be a Slink applier.

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Those look kinda painted on tho.

I realize BOM is a thing now but I'm not sure how to put it on and don't want to spend time learning now.

That is what BOM is basically.  They go on just like system layer socks so they wouldn't interfere with any shoes you wear.  Any body, system.or mesh, can wear those socks.

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Those look kinda painted on tho.

They are. It's the only way to do it and still fit shoes and pants.  But it doesn't really matter cos the top of the sock will be hidden under your pants, only the part just above the shoe is visible. 

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I realize BOM is a thing now but I'm not sure how to put it on and don't want to spend time learning now.

You have a classic body and head, right (aside from your hands and feet)?  Then you're already doing it. If you wore a mesh body you would add and remove system layers in exactly the same way ands they will show up on your mesh. Aside from a one-time click of a button on the body hud, it's exactly the same. And if you have a body that's BOM out of the box, like Slink, then you don't even have  a button to click, just wear the body and carry on exactly as before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

They are. It's the only way to do it and still fit shoes and pants.  But it doesn't really matter cos the top of the sock will be hidden under your pants, only the part just above the shoe is visible. 

You have a classic body and head, right (aside from your hands and feet)?  Then you're already doing it. If you wore a mesh body you would add and remove system layers in exactly the same way ands they will show up on your mesh. Aside from a one-time click of a button on the body hud, it's exactly the same. And if you have a body that's BOM out of the box, like Slink, then you don't even have  a button to click, just wear the body and carry on exactly as before.

Yes, I realize. I don't want to bother with this. It's not as fun as it was when I first started SL.

58 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yes, I realize. I don't want to bother with this. It's not as fun as it was when I first started SL.

BOM is not that big of a bother, once you figure out how to set it up, you then are able to use layers just like back in the day when SL was simple and fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.