In need of script

wantedfelon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am unsure on if i am asking in the right place however I need help creating a script that automatically puts a title over someone's head once they've attached the HUD I am creating. For example, once the HUD is added, it will say "Instructor" or "Student" as a way to identify who is who in the environment. It would be a big plus if they would be able to change this with a dialog of options to change between the two, if possible.

Creating floating text is a one-line call to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetText. Unfortunately, the text always floats above the prim that ran the script, so if you make that call in a HUD, the text will appear above the HUD object on that one resident's screen and nowhere else. (Objects attached to a HUD can't be seen by other people.)

You will need people to attach another prim (something simple, like an invisible box) to their avatar and have the HUD object communicate with it via standard talk/listen() events.

Does it need to be a HUD? If not, just create an object that is attached to "Avatar Center", then use llSetText to create the title. If you'll only have two titles, you may not even need to use a script. Just upload a texture with the text and apply it to a rectangular prim.

Hii everyone, thank you for the replies. I know about titlers and the result I am trying to achieve is similar. I guess I'm trying to recreate something similar to stats but without the stats if that makes sense but if it isn't possible to do then I can just do the titler. Thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.