Skin is "Stuck."

dawnala

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm having an issue that relates primarily to the BoM system. It appears as though, somehow, my skin has become attached to my lovely linden lab base body. Meaning, no matter what I do, be it change skins, remove everything and change skins, etc, I still have everything that was baked on and attached prior to whatever bug happened. Not just on a mesh body - no matter what I do, be it change skins to a new one, existing one, clear my cache, re-install, anything, nothing seems to work. It's like my skin is permanently attached and unable to remove itself, even if I don't actually have that skin attached or not.  I've pretty much tried everything to fix this and I'm not sure exactly what is going on lmao. Keep in mind, it's stuck as the same skin on the default SL body as well. Even if I reset to default - same skin, even if it's not the one attached. 

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

the bake thingy usually fails when one or more must-have basic avatar system assets cannot be found (glitches) on the server database. Must have things include: system shape, system brows, system hair and  system skin

a way to begin fixing/finding the cause of your issue is to reset your avatar to the system default avatar and then change it back up from there to your normal look. (changing one asset at time if you must)

to reset to system avatar (with Linden viewer) then menu:  Develop \ Avatar \ Character Tests \ Test Female

might need to try this on different regions til you see the default system female avatar - lady in the pink polka dot dress

I have the same issue, and can agree that it is really frustrating (have tried 100x variations, without success- as mentioned above).

- two additional pieces of information:

1. changing and re-adding the Full Body Alpha does not work (alphas in general, I have tried various,  work to hide the new skin, but not the old)

2. when I click to modify shape.  my avatar looks "correct" and "normal" (even to screen shot), however to others looks like the problem (BOM skin showing through, even upon new region/re-teleporting- - re-logging the appearance to my viewer also reverts to the problem)

my 2 cents on this one... lets see if there is a better answer out there!

18 hours ago, RobertBrown73 said:

I have the same issue, and can agree that it is really frustrating (have tried 100x variations, without success- as mentioned above).

1. changing and re-adding the Full Body Alpha does not work (alphas in general, I have tried various,  work to hide the new skin, but not the old)

2. when I click to modify shape.  my avatar looks "correct" and "normal" (even to screen shot), however to others looks like the problem (BOM skin showing through, even upon new region/re-teleporting- - re-logging the appearance to my viewer also reverts to the problem)

Same here. Nothing new, no updates doing what Molly suggested unfortunately. At least I don't suffer alone!

On 1/11/2022 at 4:15 AM, RobertBrown73 said:

I have no idea if you're still having this same issue, but I have it resolved now thanks to LL. It was a current outfit duplication corruption. I recommend checking that out. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.