Question about Roleplay-Cuddling in Gor?

Dylon Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am interested in Gor because the way they emote... and they are very descriptive, i like that.

Well heres my question: If a gorean Master wants to cuddle (no sex) with his slave, but she doesnt feel like it (too tired in rl, or her kids rl are around), would he have to accept that? I mean, its just roleplay.

or how would a Master handle that?

LOL!  You can find decent emoting anywhere in SL, inside and outside traditional roleplay, and most definitely outside the tawdry world of Gor.  Still, if that's your thing, i hope you find what you're looking for.

I'm sorry but i can't help you with the cuddling thing.  I cuddle when i want to cuddle, end of. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Slaves in the Gor books have no rights, and no right to say 'no' or 'I have a headache'. How this is interpretted in SL will vary (though usually not by much).

However, all RPs have Out-Of-Character Chat (IM is considered 'OOC' by most people, alternatively double brackets ((...)) tend to be used when done in local), maybe if you ask real nice the typist behind the Gorean mister will take pity on you. :D

In short, it will vary by participant. If you're just looking for 'good' roleplay, and not many of the other things Gor offers, you'd likely be better off in a more relaxed setting.

Good luck.

He would only have to accept it one time, and that would be the last time.

I can only speculate as to how a Role play Master might handle it. The master might trade or sell you for whatever a disobedient slave is worth. The master might take a walk with you and show you the view from a high cliff and then throw you off of it. A master might take away any privileges or property the master has allowed you to possess. Some form of punishment would be in order. RP of course.

The magic of role play is that it is just a fantasy, it should never interfere with a person's duties or responsibilities outside of SL. If a person engaged in role play finds themselves in a situation that makes them uncomfortable or involved with a master who truly thinks they are your master, you should discontinue any association with the parties involved.  

If someone tells you OOC that they've decided they don't want to do something, in any role-play setting, anywhere, then you need to stop.  Period.

That's not to say someone who is role-playing might not feel bored or tired of doing something, and decide to do it anyway as a personal choice to keep participating in the role-playing environment.  For example, in my own family role-playing, I have chores that are occasionally a pain, and I choose to see it as a way to identify with who my character is and how she feels.  But if someone tells you *OOC* (in IMs or double brackets, for example) that they've decided they don't want to do something, then NO, you have no right to override their decision, regardless of the theme of your role-playing.

At worst, what you could do is decide not to role-play with them again, particularly if they are abusing RP relationships by constant OOC refusals (e.g., someone who loves getting in gunfights in a western, but refuses to stay in jail when they are arrested), or report them to the sim if they are violating sim rules.

*falls from her chair laughing and then sits back down wiping the tears from her eyes caused by laughing so hard*

Do they even know how to cuddle in Gor????  I am sure they don't.  Find yourself a nice RP sim where you will be treated with dignity, respect and even courtesy.  Gor is definitely not the place for that especially if you are a female and a slave.  I stay away from Gor because I speak my mind and would be branded, killed and booted within the first 5 minutes of me being there and that is a generous time estimate ;)  Honest...there are some really great RPers who are descriptive and courteous in other sims.  I RP myself and appreciate a well written emote but will not be seeking same in Gor.  Just my opinion of course :

Sapphire

Way too many roleplayers in Second Life who forget or don't care that people have real lives, and that is why I stopped going to any roleplay sims within a few months of joining Second Life. 

I did hang out at the Gor Hub and ask questions for a while, and got several recruitment offers to be various slaves, but that only proves they don't know me very well. ;) To be fair I am told by 'real Goreans' that the Gor Hub is a joke among them.

If you roleplay a slave you are 'at the mercy' of whatever judgment the 'roleplay master' wants to put on you. If they think they can tell you what to do why should that stop with 'reality' is what many of them seem to think. They want to control your RL too make no mistake about that. You are accepting the will of a total stranger over your RL time either way.

A lot of people in Gor forget that Gor is a novel, or series of novels, and call themselves "real" this or that. Whether you go along with that is up to you. (What are the chances that 'Gorean master' is a RL adolescent boy with very immature ideas about male-female relationships? Or even a middle-aged man, same thing?) I have heard many horror stories about Gor.

I have to wonder if this whole topic is a put-on, since it mentions Gor and cuddling in the same sentence, and slave too, without cracking a smile.  ;)  Women are chattel in Gor, even if you are 'free.'

Dylon Blackheart wrote:

I am interested in Gor because the way they emote... and they are very descriptive, i like that.

Well heres my question: If a gorean Master wants to cuddle (no sex) with his slave, but she doesnt feel like it (too tired in rl, or her kids rl are around), would he have to accept that? I mean, its just roleplay.

or how would a Master handle that?

Oh my God. Oh my God. Either you're a super troll, or you really have no idea what you're about to start. Either way, I'm thrilled. I'm fetching my popcorn right now and cancelling my dinner and drinks plans. This is going to be my entertainment tonight. Let the lulz begin!

Oh, good grief.

1)   Look, REAL LIFE takes precedent.  Got it?   That means that your real life and anyone else's RL is of primary importance.  You should never do anything to jeopardize another's RL, nor should they do anything that would jeopardize yours.

2) Do not engage in relationships with people who are jerks.  That would include anyone who is unable to make an allowance for RL interjecting into the time spent in SL.

3)  Also, like Knowl Paine said, this could be an opportunity for some inspired RP.  You log-off.  Your Master sends you an IM saying that he will have to punish you when he sees you again.  You and he can anticipate the "punishment" and act it out when you are together again.  Or not...whatever.  You might want to look up the definition of Role Play. 

I've seen a few items listed as Gorean that include cuddle animations, but I get the sense that's not part of traditional Gorean fantasy or Role Play.

Yes, there are people who consider themselves "real Goreans" in RL, but they're a subset of the real BDSM subculture, and anyone who's been involved in the RL BDSM subculture will tell you to watch out for people who role-play as Dominants or submissives online. In RL there are rules & education about what makes a good Dom or sub, there are conversations between people, written agreements about what is & isn't permissible between them, & safewords that are respected.  It's not just that a Dom can do whatever s/he wants & the sub has to accept that.

Role-Play is fantasy acted out as play.  It's a game with pretty fluid rules.  It's improv play-writing & acting.  It's not real life. Real Life always comes first.  Period.  If a couple wants to take a RL D/s relationship into SL Role Play, then this needs to be communicated & understood between them.  Is your RP Master your RL Master too or is he just a play-partner in SL?  This is the line you need to make clear, to yourself & to him.  In character, there would not be negotiations between a slave and a Master, but negotiations between a RL Master & sub or OOC between RP partners is crucial.  Take with your RP Master OOC so you can both be clear on your expectations, boundaries & rules.  Don't worry about not being a "good slave" OOC, because you are not a slave in RL. You are a free woman playing a game for your own benefit & fun.

(Edit to correct typos)

Hello Dylon. I will not get surprised if he accept that, because we are in a virtual world and always real life is our priority. Also as i said many times in past here there are few people in SL and generally in any similar virtual world and community, who has connection with the real BDSM or Gorean lifestyle. If the Master is the exception and he is a real Master, would be impossible to accept that and same time he would kick you away for ever. A Master is Master not only a Dom and a slave is  slave not only a sub. The slave exists to serve his/her Master/Mistress. She lives for her Master. He lives for her Mistress. Master or Mistress is everything for a slave. Her life, her breath etc. So your question is inappropriate because very simply a slave would never feel that, no of course because it is forbidden but because she knows very well why she is there with him. Both know what Dominance and Submission mean. There is nothing compulsory.

What i say, most is about the real life and no the bdsm or gorean in SL. In SL everyone has the right to play following his desires and i repeat that everything is allowed. Everyone so easy can support that he is a master, or mistress or pet or slave and make other people to believe it because there is sciolism which is worst than ignorance. If they are all what they support, i am an astronaut and i mean it. On the other side this is exactly SL and in a virtual world for me the desires of others are 100% acceptable and respectable. (example: I accept that you like to play in SL as a slave although i know that you aren't a real slave - for Masters the same, for everyone and everything the same).  I underline that i don't criticize anyone just i try to express that if you like this kind of RP is good at first to visit sites about gorean and bdsm (they have some common elements but same time overall differences between them) and learn some things about, which the majority unknown. This way you will be able to protect yourself of a no qualitative and substantial RP which usually turns to drama.

Have your ever thought: Which is the aim of a Master / Mistress? Why a slave or a pet desires to be with a Master or Mistress? What means B.D.S.M. ? (we have 4 initials here) What is Gorean? What is a Dom or a sub? Look for the answers and be sure that after, you will enjoy more your SL Gorean RP. :smileywink:

It is a role play and RL always takes the lead never the other way around or that "should" be the case. I've played in many different kinds of settings over my time in sl and seems I enjoy GOR the most but when there are people that take it too far in the instance say of telling someone they cannot leave or they must do something regardless of their actual RL wishes/needs then yes I say the one asking is a bit of a jerk, at the same time the person allowing that to happen needs to maybe rethink priorities. But everyone does these things for their own reasons/wants/needs. Got a little side tracked but point is RL always comes first and that's coming from a Gorean role-player. Don't like that I have to cut a scene short because I've got stuff to do.Sorry that's how it is. I don't have 16 hrs in a day to put towards sl and rp. Want to make a fuss about it? Guess who /I/ won't be rp'ing with anymore :) And also, yes there is cuddling in gor, there are conversations, there are games, there is drinking, fighting, flirting, banter.There's a lot more to it than just sex. Sure for most sex makes up 90% of their roleplay the other 10% is divided into asking for sex and being afk when there is no sex lol. But there are some amazing people with amazing stories out there and that's anywhere. I dare anyone to find an rp that doesn't have some dark seedy corner filled with smutty smutness. Cause I sure haven't yet!

Cuddling in Gor?

Well, let's see.  There's the Nadu, the Bara, . . . the Lesha, and the Karta . . . the Sula . . .

Gosh, isn't that funny!  No "Cuddling" in among the kajira positions!  Who'd have thunk it, eh?

Of course, a REAL Manly Gorean Man isn't afraid of showing his sensitive side once in a while.  I once cuddled with a snow larl for over an hour . . . cuddled it until its eyes popped out, and blood ran freely from its nose!  Ever squished a pizza pop with your bare hands?

Kinda like that.  Rawr!

People who want to "cuddle" in Gor make me ill: degenerate tarsks every one of you!

If "cuddling" is what you want, I'd strongly suggest that you head over to a BDSM dungeon somewhere.  You'll find that THEY practice SSC:  "Safe, snuggly, and cuddly."

We don't cuddle with our kajira in Gor and they don't ask for it.  And we don't want YOUR kind here: only MANLY women need apply.  So see ya later, snowflake.

Richard Parkes wrote:

only MANLY women need apply.  So see ya later, snowflake.

Manly women? :smileyvery-happy: 

My elderly neighbor called wanting to know if I could stop by right away because her smoke alarms were going off and she didn't know why.

I found a pot of wax she was using to remove her mustache burning on the stove, she forgot the burner was on. Manly. 

Lol the slave does what the Master wants, that's the whole point of the RP...if a slave is "too tired" to RP in her chosen role she needs to log off. I would LOVE it if my Master wanted to cuddle with me. Kinda makes me wonder how committed this slave is to you. Kids being around well that's a different story, you can't do much about that sometimes. But best to tell the peeps you RP with before you commit that you have children & this might be a concern.

Umm yes Sapphire there is plenty of cuddling going on in Gor haha. Mature roleplay IS based on respect and courtesy, even in Gor. If you don't find that with your roleplay partner in Gor then you're in the wrong situation and with the wrong person. Its not the RP type its the type of person that RP's in Gor. If you act fairly mature & treat people with respect you will do the same wherever you go. Generalizations are never going to be correct. I've been in Gor two years so I do have a bit of experience with this.

I personally don't care for vampire RP. The blood sucking thing just turns me off completely "shivers." But I know many people enjoy it and consider the peeps they RP with their SL family. More power to them, it just isn't for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brief history within Gor inworld, played a few of the different kajira roles aswell and i have very rarely seen any cuddling going on in Gor and if i had it's very brief. You have too remember most of the decent gorean sims out there base everything around the gorean novels as best they can and not much cuddeling going on in their either, the gorean world is brutal and not very kind. You have too remember it's a world ruled by dominant men in the books.

That being said you'll find alot of guys out there that say they are Masters or Doms in RL and they really are not. They pretend too be that too attract woman you'll mostly see they treat their slaves like little princesses or their girlfriend so look out for them straight away as they'd be the type too wanna cuddle constantly rofl and they aint goreans. Trust me!!

Now on a ooc (out of character) standard you have the right too do anything you wish, if you don't wanna cuddle just say so in a IM you have too remember while you may be a slave IC (in Character) ooc you are not and have the same rights you always have.

A few tips though for you if you really wanna do this:

1. IM's are always ooc unless you choose otherwise: So if something randomly IM's you calling you s l u t, slave, kajira and demands you come over you can if you wish raise a finger and tell em too shove off. They have no rights demanding things in IM.

2. RL always comes first!!!: If you need too take off and do stuff in RL never let anyone tell you, you can't. Just politely inform everyone who needs too know with something like ((RL calls, sorry gotta go)) make excuses IC aswell and of you trot.

3. Really think about the role you wish too play because there is more than just the slave roles, you could be a Free Woman, a panther, heck you can even open a male alt and be a Free Man if you so wish. The choise is ultimetely yours but definently do some research before you join. Read one of the books if you can too get the basic gist or browse some of the more Gorean Forums out there becase there are a few if you look :P

And if you want anything else please do IM me inworld, i'd be happy too assist!

• 1 month later...

First off  a true MASTER would not allow this to be an issues this is something that you  and your MASTER should have talked about in the beggening most of us "MASTERS" would have informed you  at the start of the MASTER/slave relationship that RL overrides SL and if you have something come up  be honest and in OOC format  inform him of what is going on and then go and deal with it. if you  are using  the exscuse of "too tired" and it is only durring "cuddeling time" i would expect if its everytime then it is just that an exscuse and if it happened with one of my slaves continuously i would deal with it approperiately  by informing you that you  agreed to the rp and you agreed to the onditions and if you are not interested in continuing ALL parts of the RP then you are not cut out  to  be a slave and maybe you should find another RP role to perform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS to your statement about GOR is just a series of books PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE LIVE IT ON A DAILY BASIS AND WOULD ARUGE THE REALITY OF IT BEING A TRUE FORM WITH IN THE WORLD  but because of your statement it is apparent to me that you are not as into it as your right but donot judge what you may/maynot understand you dont say how long you  were in the GOR scene in sl so i will assume you did not last long and therefore have no way of making an informed  opinnion so  again DONT JUDGE what you dont know take the time to find a BTB GOR sim and MASTER and try to educate your self before posting a response and telling people your oppinion (without merrit )

AxxeRhaven wrote:

AS to your statement about GOR is just a series of books PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE LIVE IT ON A DAILY BASIS AND WOULD ARUGE THE REALITY OF IT BEING A TRUE FORM WITH IN THE WORLD  but because of your statement it is apparent to me that you are not as into it as your right but donot judge what you may/maynot understand you dont say how long you  were in the GOR scene in sl so
i will assume you did not last long
and
therefore have no way of making an informed  opinnion
so  again DONT JUDGE what you dont know take the time to find a BTB GOR sim and MASTER and
try to educate
your self before posting a response and telling people your oppinion (
without merrit
)

Gor isn't a real place, ergo it is just a series of books. If you can't see that then I don't think this forum can help you. Roleplay isn't real, and basing any internal values from works of fiction is a bad idea.

I realise this post wasn't addressed towards me (nor anyone, really, being revived from such an old discussion) I spent a long time in Gor (though not/barely in SL) through various implementations and although I had a great time overall, the distinctions between real life (TPE) D/s and RP Gor (assuming these are the two topics you're confusing) are fundamental and essential.

And so it goes...

ETA: Bolded some statements where, despite calls to 'not judge what one doesn't know', you were doing it just fine.

• 2 months later...

RL always comes first. so If one is too tired  then close the computer and get some rest. If the kids are around one should play with them. If there are chores to do in the house one should do them  and then go inworld. This is what I do, this way i can cuddle with My Master as much as I like instead of have him waiting in the middle of rp for me to return.....:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

• 1 year later...

I could never be a master, but from a few of the lady’s and men I know who loved to be domed you can sort of pick out there true to heart Roleplay and the once that want company and are in ooc all the time.

Many seek out Gore RP because of accessibility to fine a master and in fact they should be someplace else. There are groups who mix a lot of ooc and just love the style of gore but by fare they break all the rp rules and they know there just doing an off shoot.

I am a firm believer that the role play should be kept in sl but you see a trend of people reaching out further using skype and other mediums to be domed in the real world. This is a dangerous practice and people should be a lot more responsible specially when you have a family . Hey even my rl wife reminds me once in a while by making comments. “ Will you get off your fake life hahah and come back to the real world” And she is so right. It is my second life not my second real life. But that alone is a sensitive topic on its own. I respect people what they do but as soon as I say it is a game whooooo boy hahaha look out.” Very unpopular topic in sl “ but I do express myself where my head is at and I believe I have a good attitude towards sl.

But I have one good friend and her rl husband knows a what goes on and there agreement is don’t date anybody within min 2 hours driving distance, but again she is tempted all the time as she loves to be dom in sl  and her master tells her what to do in rl and she loves it but because she has an open dialects with her husband and they have safety rules in place as he adult RP in social networks not virtual worlds as well.

I don’t think she is such a great role player where the real pro’s basically are alts and have a few of them to portray different characters and their in IC all the time and they don’t even bother going near out of world and they have their full time avatar for ooc. I know some of their alts and it seems true hearted role players seem to have a great code where you don’t engage them in ooc and what happens in rp stays there and has no relation to their full time ooc avatar. Like Las Vegas What happens in vegas stays in vegas.

But the debate continues : ) always will.

A few pint to the thread in general...

1. There was plenty of "cuddling" in the books. Tarl spent half of each book teaching slaves and talking with them afterwards.. and they were cuddling.

2. Gor in RL is nothing more than Master/slave BDSM. You can not engage in true Gorean acts in the real world. Slavery is illegal in 99% of the world.

3. RL always comes first, anyone who says you have to do what they say in SL over your RL needs is an idiot. Log off and tcb. When you log back on tel them they need to respect your RL of GTFO.

4. NEVER, ever do any BD/SM things to yourself without another person in the room that is knowledgeable about what you are doing. The likelihood of accidents and injury are too high. I don't care  what your "Master/Dom" in SL tells you to do. Don't do it alone. Any Dom worth his salt will tell you not to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.