Reporting an AR for sharing private IM's to a group

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to file an AR in Firestorm on a particular avatar for sharing our private IM to a group.

I'm not sure what category it needs to go under. There isn't a specific category for that issue.

They said that they were going to IM me so I blocked them immediately. They subsequently copied and pasted what they wrote to me along with my "block" message to a group.

Someone in the group copied and pasted the group chat to me because since I had her blocked I couldn't see the actual chat she posted but everyone else did. 

I have the gyazo that shows that the copied and pasted it so I'm including that but I want to make sure I file it under the right category so it doesn't get closed without investigating it.

I was going to use "harassment - targeted behavior intended to disrupt.

31 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Sam1 Bellisserian,

You're trolling, right? I mean, why would you be concerned that someone shared their own IMs along with your auto-generated Block response??? Sure, it's a technical violation of the "don't share IMs without permission" rule, but it's awfully trivial.

SMH.

It wasn't auto generated. I changed it. But whatever...haha! 

@Quartz MoleThis can be closed now as the issue has been resolved.

On 1/8/2022 at 6:52 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I want to see this. 

Public humiliation for the win.

I love this.  The effectiveness of a good old fashioned public shaming has more or less been forgotten in these times.  I think LL yanking an TOS offender out from wherever they are and placing them in a very public pillory for a couple of days would be hysterical as well as completely harmless.

Edited by Kitten5ylph
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 3:44 AM, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Is it against TOS to share a conversation that took place in a group chat when the person the conversation is being shared with is also part of the same group, I thought that only applied to private IMs between avatars rather than a publicly accessible group?

It applies to all chat, private and local, regardless of distance (whisper/shout).

• Like 1

A Direct Copy of a Chat Log would be against TOS from what I understand.

I am sure people "talk about each other" behind each others backs a fair amount in this game, and I am not sure if that falls into the same category;

But given the OP said it was a Direct Copy Paste, the OP did NOT give permission for the chat log to be shared, it is clear the user offending does not understand the current rules set it place to protect our privately shared conversations. 

If I was LL it would be a 1-7day Mute and or soft Ban and if it continued id up it to a month, 6month, 1 years/perm, etc....

I would hate to see myself being persecuted for copy pasting a chat log though (Iv done it in the past on accident not knowing it was a rule!) But this was not malicious intent as understood in the current situation.

As for if this applies to all Chat I would venture to say it does given some sims have their own rules regarding who may be there, what they may wear, how they may act. I feel if you walk into a Sim that you are not familiar with and just start copy pasting everything that is said to other users around the SL grid it would be frowned upon greatly and/or action probably should be taken against the user if its being done with malicious intent. For example if I own an Office Parcel and I am holding a chat that is ment to be only for people in my parcel/office either Voice or written id appreciate it if people would ask before copy pasting our conversations even if it was in public chat.

To be safe if you want it to be private leave it in a Private IM/Private Multi User IM as I am not sure if Group Chats or Local Chats are included in this rule.

Edited by NardweBones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.