cannot add freinds to my house firestorm

velvetgurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi need help  i added a freind to my lindon home in sl and added him to my home group, however he is not allowed to open doors or do anything, i get a message saying he must be added to the list of authorised users now when i go into about land, the blocked persons list is there but the allowed persons list selection is greyed out and i cant add anyone to the list can anyone help thank you

1 hour ago, binder59 said:

hi need help  i added a freind to my lindon home in sl and added him to my home group, however he is not allowed to open doors or do anything, i get a message saying he must be added to the list of authorised users now when i go into about land, the blocked persons list is there but the allowed persons list selection is greyed out and i cant add anyone to the list can anyone help thank you

On 4/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, Patch Linden said:

It’s time to add a bit of Linden-approved security to your new homes!

In the interest of creating a more welcoming community experience while still allowing for personal security, we’ve released the official Linden Homes Security System to your Content Creation Packs in all new Linden Homes. It is accessible through your House Controller in front of your property. This new system will enable you to keep your property private while not infringing on navigation of the Bellisseria continent at large.

Your new Linden Homes Security System can be wall-mounted upon placement. When activated, it will scan your parcel as much as 400m above and below the control unit for unauthorized visitors. If any unwanted guests are found, they will be provided with a warning to vacate the area, followed by an ejection if they do not leave within the specified amount of time (minimum of 15 seconds). You can adjust your systems range and warning time greater than 15 seconds; you can also customize your system to ignore members of your group or specific people you have added to its whitelist. 

We’ve chosen a minimum of 15 seconds and a maximum height of 400m to allow for those just passing through (either on the ground or in the air close to your home) to not be immediately booted off-course (while those who linger will get removed). Ejecting rather than send-to-home also allows first-time offenders to get the hint and continue on their travels.

For proper use, you must place the Linden Homes Security System either in your Linden Home or in your skybox at or above 2000m high. The system will not function between 100m and 2000m above sea level, to allow for clear airspace and to prevent low-hanging skyboxes.

Instructions for operating your Linden Homes Security System can be found in the notecard provided with the unit, and a shortened version of the instructions can be found by clicking on the unit’s System Help (?) button.

Privacy and fostering an open, welcoming community can’t always exist simultaneously, but we believe this new security system will allow for the best of both worlds. In addition to this system, you can use your home’s Control Panel to control who may enter your home and use its redecorate functions.  You may also use the Options tab in World >> About Land to determine who is allowed to rez objects on your parcel and whether people outside the parcel can see and hear what you are doing. The use of ban lines overall is disabled, but you can still ban individuals from your parcel by utilizing your parcel ban list. 

We feel as a compromise, at the present you may only use other security systems that conform to the same Linden Homes Security System standards (warning time no shorter than 15 seconds, no greater detection range than 400m in height; must only work within the boundaries of your parcel, and eject instead of teleport-to-home). If we incur too many issues with non-conforming security systems, we will update the policy to prohibit the use of all non-Linden provided security systems in the new Linden Homes regions.

We also have some additional features planned for the security system to provide the best home experience for you in the future, so stay tuned for more information on what’s to come with our next version.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, binder59 said:

The security is obviously not the issue if you haven't found it in your Linden home content package.

What you are looking for is what @Paulsianmentioned.  The control panel next to.the door inside your home.  There is an access list there along with other home controls.

• Like 1

The security system is located in the content pack located in the homes mailbox type thing in front of the home. You need to grab the content pack and then rez it, unpack it, and then find the security object inside (can't remember if that needs to be unpacked). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulsian said:

The security system is located in the content pack located in the homes mailbox type thing in front of the home. You need to grab the content pack and then rez it, unpack it, and then find the security object inside (can't remember if that needs to be unpacked). 

thank you paul i just got it will try it cheers

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The security is obviously not the issue if you haven't found it in your Linden home content package.

What you are looking for is what @Paulsianmentioned.  The control panel next to.the door inside your home.  There is an access list there along with other home controls.

thank you rowan i just found it going to try it thanks ever so much

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.