Ten Linden Challenge

rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

... or there are some mesh figures like this one 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Meshed-Potato-Phone-Guy-Mesh-Person-Character-Full-Perm-Mesh/21498792

... with full permissions I can rez dozens of them on a sky platform, turn them physical, and push them down to the ground (it's a great stress reliever, did it last week with a woman mesh 3D figure but she cost around 35L$ so doesn't meet the criteria of this challenge.)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

[Huge conflict of interest disclaimer.] I'd spend it on a Klondike solitaire game. It's great for relaxing the mind a bit.

Shhhh ditto the conflict of interest. I am addicted to Words with Friends. I blame Handmaid's Tale for that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

This and still have 9L left over!  It would be my one and only gesture but it's also transfer so if anyone else would like one...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gesture-Slap/6879487

You might have to buy two of those. Just lately especially there have been so many reasons to slap someone you could easily wear the first one out! 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Imagine you had 10 $L to spend on the MP.  What could you get for it. I've invested mine in a word triggered boob shaker.

I like this game, but am at risk of spamming this thread I know. I took another look at Marketplace and found these sounds for only L$1 - is this offer too good to be true?  Could I wear it instead of rez it and go around sssssss-ing like the sea or squawking like a seagull? You can bet your bippy I'm going to be trying that when I next go in world 💥💖😁

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Beach-environmental-pack-OFFER-Waves-Sound-Of-Nature/870878?page=1

• Like 1

239230833_R(30).gif.8e03ff95d88a30e59f51b0be26ab5e4d.gif

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

You might have to buy two of those. Just lately especially there have been so many reasons to slap someone you could easily wear the first one out! 

So true!  I'll leave this little gem here for them as I'd hate to give them the attention they so sorely need in their own threads.  Be serious!

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I like this game, but am at risk of spamming this thread I know. I took another look at Marketplace and found these sounds for only L$1 - is this offer too good to be true?  Could I wear it instead of rez it and go around sssssss-ing like the sea or squawking like a seagull? You can bet your bippy I'm going to be trying that when I next go in world 💥💖😁

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Beach-environmental-pack-OFFER-Waves-Sound-Of-Nature/870878?page=1

I have something like that on my kindle that I have playing while I read.  It's very relaxing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I have something like that on my kindle that I have playing while I read.  It's very relaxing.

Thunderstorm and cracking fire. I found a fire on Tubi that runs 3 hours and one of my alarm clocks has white noises so I can have the crackling fire and get my thunder fix while reading. 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Thunderstorm and cracking fire. I found a fire on Tubi that runs 3 hours and one of my alarm clocks has white noises so I can have the crackling fire and get my thunder fix while reading. 😁

I have a restful rain CD I play when my neighbourhood is rowdy and I want to balance my bookwork. That's relaxing. I do love a good thunderstorm, even if I'm out in it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I have a restful rain CD I play when my neighbourhood is rowdy and I want to balance my bookwork. That's relaxing. I do love a good thunderstorm, even if I'm out in it. 

I have such wonderful memories of thunderstorms from childhood.  Dad would sit with us in front of the big picture window as the storm raged.  He'd sing old time songs.  

When I had my son, he and I would do the same thing.  He had a bay window in his second floor bedroom.  We'd sit and sing and watch the lightening.  It had almost an ethereal quality to it.  Great memories.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I have such wonderful memories of thunderstorms from childhood.  Dad would sit with us in front of the big picture window as the storm raged.  He'd sing old time songs.  

When I had my son, he and I would do the same thing.  He had a bay window in his second floor bedroom.  We'd sit and sing and watch the lightening.  It had almost an ethereal quality to it.  Great memories.

They are great memories.

When I was small and we had thunderstorms, one of our downpipes burst and it made a magnificent sideways water spray that my dad grumbled about having to get fixed and my mother did this weird shriek thing she always did.

My old friend Mo used to hide underneath a table in a windowless cubby room that she had in her bungalow whenever it thundered.

Nowadays I stand out on my balcony and breathe in the electric air while watching lightning bolts free themselves from the skies. 

1 hour ago, Maryanne Solo said:

We have had some ripper early summer thunderstorms here in the last week.
Mum & Siss are, (next day), like OMG did you hear the 3 massive thunderclaps throughout early morning
that totally shook the house and windows?
and I'm like.. ^.^ nooooo?
lol.

Ooooh such a good memory you evoked there, of when during our happier times my (now ex-) husband and I were startled awake by the sound of thunder clapping right overhead and we jumped immediately into each other's arms and clung on tightly in case gravity should fail. 

What it must be like though to sleep right through a thunderstorm. I miss those days. 

• Like 1

When I saw the 10 Linden on the thread title --- thought you had to try to get 10 Linden Staff in one place. But I think like with music performers it'd be like herding cats!

But that pose stand in the post above I also saw recently and a good deal.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Need to learn to spell!
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.