Bay City Players : Secondlife Live Theater Guild Start Up

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone!  I have always wanted to explore how to perform in a virtual medium like SecondLife, so when I learned that Secondlife’s ‘city by the bay’ didn’t have a performing arts troup, I KNEW I had to jump on it.

I’ve experimented with various iterations of this over the years and I’m excited to move forward working with other people to put on virtual shows. It’s my intention to work with others to use my building skills and to learn from other Secondlife performing artists/choreographers how to properly stage a production in Secondlife. It’s my hope to get a group together where we can meet reguarly to discuss plays, do read throughs, and put on live shows for other residents on the grid.

Anyone else out there interested in doing something like this? Let’s meet and discuss how to form a friendly and positive community to work together to make performing arts magic! Please join me for an informal interest meeting 1/22/2022 at 12 slt so we can brainstorm how to formulate this performing arts group together from the ground up.

USE THIS LINK TO VISIT THE LOCATION

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

Hey everyone!  I have always wanted to explore how to perform in a virtual medium like SecondLife, so when I learned that Secondlife’s ‘city by the bay’ didn’t have a performing arts troup, I KNEW I had to jump on it.

I’ve experimented with various iterations of this over the years and I’m excited to move forward working with other people to put on virtual shows. It’s my intention to work with others to use my building skills and to learn from other Secondlife performing artists/choreographers how to properly stage a production in Secondlife. It’s my hope to get a group together where we can meet reguarly to discuss plays, do read throughs, and put on live shows for other residents on the grid.

Anyone else out there interested in doing something like this? Let’s meet and discuss how to form a friendly and positive community to work together to make performing arts magic! Please join me for an informal interest meeting 1/22/2022 at 12 slt so we can brainstorm how to formulate this performing arts group together from the ground up.

USE THIS LINK TO VISIT THE LOCATION

Is there a position as a production designer?
I would be very interested in that position.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BranScanlon said:

Count me in. Unfortunately 12 SLT is outside my time frame normally. But I'd love to be looped into this project Feorie.

Hey! Yay!!!!

What is your time frame? Maybe we should do a second meeting to in a different time frame for more people? 

Just now, Tama Suki said:

Is there a position as a production designer?
I would be very interested in that position.

No positions decided on yet, but come to the meeting and let’s figure it out! :) I’ve never don’t this before, so Im there to work together to make it amazing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

No positions decided on yet, but come to the meeting and let’s figure it out! :) I’ve never don’t this before, so Im there to work together to make it amazing. 

I hope to have the opportunity to participate in the meeting.
It seems like a very exciting opportunity, see you over there. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.