Flat and Breasts chest rigging.

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When rigging same top for a flat chest avatar and another larger breasts avatar, what is the best way?

So far what i do is first make the flat chest top then adjust it for the larger breast avatar just before rigging, this will end up larger texture scale over the breasts area then need to re-map then HUD also need different texture upload.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the avatar have a 'petite' size? (ie, somewhere in between)

For the Kemono I usually start with the Jiggle Puffs, which is the happy medium, a combination of shape keys, mesh deform modifiers and lattice deformations will generally then get the mesh to the larger and flat chest shape without too much texture deformation at either end, of course there will always be some if you want to share textures, but at least the effect is less noticable coming from a happy medium.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:00 AM, MeshPromo said:

When rigging same top for a flat chest avatar and another larger breasts avatar, what is the best way?

So far what i do is first make the flat chest top then adjust it for the larger breast avatar just before rigging, this will end up larger texture scale over the breasts area then need to re-map then HUD also need different texture upload.

if you want to use the same texture , the way you described is the best. a larger breast just naturally has very different shadow cast than flat chest and obsiously needsa different space distribution in UV, so using the same texture here is an issue from the start. if you want it to fit nicely, you would indeed use 2 different textures that are lit accordingly. also if the texture is detailed like fine lace or something, the stretch can't be avoided unless like you already said, adjust the UV. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.