What Were Your Firsts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mine:

o first purchased object ever in Second Life -- "The Axe of the Leviathan" made by valacia Leviathan

o first object I made -- Club Fame Display

o first notecard -- Kick Info -- Bedford Automated Zone Sentry Game Tag Violation

o first snapshot -- Lordfly's Library

o first landmark -- Ivory Tower of Prims (second landmark: Ingrid's store in Miramare)

o first outfit -- a suit made entirely out of copper foil texture I uploaded from the Internet

\

I currently have more than 32,000 objects in my inventory.

i think the first thing i got was my hair, i had to invest my camping lindens in something good. is the one i still use to this day.

first object.. a wooden cube.

first notecard.. it says "owning your home in second life is easy!"

first snapshot is of a person i loved, we stop seeing each other, and then i saw her one last time, i luckly made my first snapshot to remember her forever.

first landmark, Help Island

first outfit i had, besides the one you got when you start second life, it was a hippie outfit, by Hippie Pay. i tought that the safest way was to find the hippies, they are usually friendly with noobies.

First bought - Shoes / Hair

First made - Shoe box (sky box with the looks of a shoe box)

First notecard - How to deal with lag

First Landmark - Peace ( the good old days of camping..yes..good...in those days you could really earn)

First turn-off - Overcrowded club with dozens of people using this ^&^$%% gestures

First owned land (strugatsky 512 m)

First sold - stick man avatar

First friend - Rose B.

I can't remember most of my firsts, they didn't seem important at the time.

I do remember the first thing I built, though.  Not counting just playing about with prims, my first build was a simple garden shed.  I didn't keep it as I hadn't discovered how to link the prims together to make one object at the time.

1st purchase:
hair from Washu's Wigs (a kindly creator gave me several skins, and I've since spent tons of money in her shop)

1st object made:
arm bands with unicorn spikes at the request of a friend

1st notecard made:
kinda sad, it was a rumor control message

1st landmark:
Weirdorkistan

1st snapshot:
A profile picture of myself, sadly lost along the way (ok not so sad, it was a horrible pic)

1st outfit:
a not bad freebie fairy... I figured if I can fly I might as well have wings, also lost to the sands of time

1st script:
a group enabled visitor counter, installed in an eye that appeared to be looking at you no mater where were

1st commercial product:
Retractable and multi configurable scripted wings

1st Shared building/texturing trick:
2 prim realistic table with lap and legs (NOT a sculpt)

1st Scripting discovery shared:
much improved hinges for doors

1st community joined:
Goth

1st trend I absolutely hated:
Bling (and I still hate it!)

1st major SL change I remember:
I think it was point to point teleports, but it's been so long that something like Lindex may have beat it.

1st rez date:
sometime in late 2004 or early 2005, memory fades and the av was deleted

current inventory count:
~5k including duplicates which I'm slowly getting rid of.

I remember most of it because of the people and the reasons I first came here... i didn't come because it was something new to check out... I came here to spend time with someone else while we were apart. Made lots of friends in those early days, some of whom I still hang out with.

that said my memory is a grab bag... I usually can't remember jack unless I have a reference... something that sticks out so I can link it to what doesn't... I probably couldn't remember half those facts if you asked me just one specifically. drives me nuts sometimes.

Hello Prokofy, hello to all:

First freebies place i visited: The free dove

First notecard i recieved: About cloud avatars (Debug settings --> RenderUnloadedAvatar --> True)

First notecard i sent: It was an application for a job.

First outfit and shoes i purchased: Outfit by Gothicatz and shoes by Tara

First slow dance: In a hidden cave under a waterfall in September Rainforest

First sim which got me totally impressed: Japan Tempura Island

First house i had: A small house in Love Land. Lived there about 1 month and a half.

First land i owned: 8,000sq m2 in Majestic Island. Gradually i got almost the whole sim and kept if for about 5 months.

First object i tried to made: A tipjar with floating text and rotation. Eventually a friend helped me with that.

First unpacking: Fermi Sandbox

That's all i remember.

First purchase: a god-awful Califonia tanned babe skin (second purchase: full bright waist-length blonde mane to go with it...shivers...)

First object I made: well, incredibly enough, a Japanese tea-house. I may have made some simple hoop earrings before that but that tea-house I was inordinately proud of.

First favourite sim: first and only sim I ever fell totally in love with - Chouchou.

First moment of SL inspiration: when I made a fake diary profile for the previous (young) version of Carole which ended up being the basis for the old dame avie which Carole has been for a couple of years now.

First notecard: haven't the foggiest, though knowing me, it was probably the chat-log of some very heated debate which I felt I would enjoy mulling over at my leisure. In actual fact, I have a collection of SL arguments in a file somewhere in my inventory. How sad is that??  

First SL "crisis": a slow build-up during the months before posting in the forum for the first time. The appeal of SL had worn a little thin and although not exactly ready to leave, I was pretty bored with in-world life, so I started reading the forums in lieu of logging.

• First sim visited (outside of Orientation): The Forest.
  • First outfit: A free fox avatar, obtained at a freebie depot in The Forest sim. And I made a simple purple dress for myself, just using the Appearance controls.
  • First purchase: A red Fox avatar, from Jackal's Werehouse.
  • First Photo taken : Me, in that red fox avatar, standing in the woods in The Forest sim, for my profile pic.
  • First Home Point: A wooded clearing in The Forrest sim, next to a parcel owned by my Companion.
  • First thing created for sale: A T-shirt that was black, with the words "Alpha Bitch" on the chest, in yellow lettering.
  • First retail location selling my own stuff: A free kiosk just outside the store in The Forest sim, selling half a dozen t-shirts I had designed.
  • First "home" that was at least partially mine: A rented Tree House in The Forest, that I split the rent on with a friend.
  • First home that was bought by me: A custom built home for my companion and I, set up on her parcel in The Forest.
  • First texture set created for sale: "TRU-CM Tropical Building Set" - textures for bamboo walls, thatched roofing, and tatami mat floors for making a tropical-style home. Created on request for a client.
  • First house I ever built: A 1-bedroom, 1 bath tropical bungalow, with bamboo walls and a thatched roof, and a small living room and covered deck. I made it for a texture client, to demonstrate how to use the bamboo textures that he had commissioned me to make for him.
  • First (and only) mainland sim that I ever lived in: The Magenta sim. (A friend let my Partner and I set up our home on her land, when she owned almost 1/3 of that sim.)
  • First parcel of land that I ever rented/owned in my own name: A 4096 M2 parcel in a private island sim, in the FairChang Isle's estates.
  • First sim that I ever created/terraformed for a client: Nohona Isle (long since sold and repurposed, it no longer exists.)

Randall Ahren wrote:

Luc, how about your first threesome? Surely you can remember that.

Had that kind of thing been a part of my SLife, the sure I would. :D But that's what Rl is for, isn't it? :P

Oh, I remember my first home. It was a Linden Home in Meadowbrook. (I'm that young. :)) And the first eyes I got, cause they are the ones I use now. :)

- Luc -

First profile lines written in 'About' (and still there): '...breathe into me...make me real...bring me to life.'

First purchase:  HAIR!  Calla hair

First skin/shape purchase:  Gala (now owns Curio)

First sim off Orientation Island visited:  Laguna Beach (gone)

First club visited:  The 3rd Element (I think..there have been so many)

First job:  DJ at Club Voodoo

First parcel purchase:  small (less than 2K sqm) beach parcel on Verbena (once owned by Dreamland)

Rez day:  18 Feb 2007

In many ways, having no property was more fun than having it. It meant I had to go somewhere to unpack things, to build, to hang out, and so on. I got to see a lot more of SL then. Now, the house is pretty much where I go unless I specifically decide to check some place out.

- Luc -

First object I purchased:  Green eyes, and at the time they looked pretty realistic.  I just recently bought new more realistic green eyes from the same creator, who is wonderful and on my friends list.   I save $L from camping back in '07 to buy those first eyes.

First personal object bought for me by someone else:  My longtime building partner bought me my first prim hair.  I knew what I wanted, and he and I TP'd into the fancy-shmacy shop and he gave me the $L..and TaDa!  I had beautiful prim hair.  But, I had resisted the idea...and resisted him paying for something that I would wear.  So, the whole exchange and purchase was one that is a strong memory for me.

First object I made:  Was a prim that I rezzed in a LL sandbox to learn how to make prims.  Just a random prim square.  This was on day one for me in SL.  (right after that some greifer guys caged me ...THREE freaking times!  I was spitting mad!)

First multi-prim object:   I made a couch.  Simple prims and free textures from my inventory.   I sitll have that couch, and use it to sit when I rezz building platforms.  I love that when I click on it, it has a created date within three days of my rezz-day. 

First notecard I made:   I was so afraid of not remember how to build something, that I had just made, that I painstakingly put all the information from my little build onto a notecard. 

First Snapshot:  A picture of my long-time building partner and I floating on our backs in a swimming pool, while he tried to explain the CADD like building process to me.  He's a RL engineer and he tried his best to help me grasp the entire process.

First Landmark:  People had given me LMs.  But, first one I think I made would have also been the Ivory Tower of Prims, as I was really trying to learn how to build. 

First clothing/outfit I made:  I took a snapshot I had taken in SL and applied it as the texture to a system shirt I made, and did something similar for pants.  So newbish..but, I loved that outfit! 

I currently have over 50K objects in my inventory and that is pared down from 55K.  (yes, I've pared my inventory down many times...and it grow again)

I was dazed and confused when I first arrived in SL. I could barely manage the interface, but I remember discovering how to fly - which I considered a personal technological achievement on a par with the moon landing. It was only after meeting a couple of cool guys that I learned one could build things with mysterious 'prims'. My outfit was a catastrophe - a sleek, tangelo number called Apollyon, rolls eyes. I walked like a duck for three months. Pathetic.

Here is my first photograph, which corresponds to my first landmark. For weeks, I believed our bodies remained inworld permanently, so I would always return to the bottom of a lake in Ahern before logging out.

deltango_001.jpg

My first purchase was, of course, hair - red hair - which has ruled my life ever since. (I still wear the second hair I ever bought in SL.)

deltango_003.jpg   Hair 2.jpg

My First Land was in Jingyo, but my first big mainland purchase was L$32k for a 4096m2 in Waring. I quickly upgraded to a 4096m2 in Maroon (L$20 per m2 in November 2006):

deltango_002.jpg

Can you tell I was into sunsets? Those were the good ol' days when the sun rose and set properly. For all the advantages of Windlight, the loss of realistic sun and moon positions still hurts (and a shame the water presets don't persist).

Maroon 2006.jpg

The first club I ever visited was The Edge, which was then sliding into decrepitude, but my first real club was Sanctuary Rock. I've been going there regularly now for over four years.

SR 20110417_001.jpg

The first contest I ever won was courtesy of Xelephine:

Xelephine.jpg

So, a lot of good memories since I moved to SL nearly five years ago.

i remember my first contest i ever won, was "best in neko", and i didnt have any neko stuff on me

i was a noobie and everybody had their names on the board except me, a dancer asked me if i was not gonna put my name in there, i said "what for.. im not gonna win anyways". to my surprise, i got the most votes and won the contest!

sometimes people get together to help a noobie, like we do here in the forums.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.