Having trouble with M4 Venus head and Maitreya Lara body

pastelcatte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if I'm just dumb or something but I can't for the life of me figure out how to put the M4 Venus head on my avatar that has Maitreya Lara body. Is it not compatible with this body or something? I've got appliers for them, so I was under the impression that they can go together. If anyone knows about this combination and whether I'm just doing it wrong or trying to do something incompatible please let me know :/

Just now, Quistess Alpha said:

You should be able to just wear both, assuming you haven't reached your attachment limit. Is there something specific that's not working?

The head is not attaching properly. The default head is still there, and it looks like the M4 Venus head is stuck underneath it. I don't know how else to describe it. It does this even after taking everything off and trying to put it on piece by piece.

3 minutes ago, pastelcatte said:

The default head is still there, and it looks like the M4 Venus head is stuck underneath it.

If the head is BoM compatible turn it on in the relevant Hud otherwise you need to wear (add) an alpha layer that hides the whole head or head and not eyes if you want to use system eyes, an appropriate alpha layer should have been included in the head package

6 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

an appropriate alpha layer should have been included in the head package

There's an appropriate alpha in the library folder (Library/Body Parts/Alpha Masks/Headless Avatar), as well as a copy provided in the "Bonus" box that comes with the M4 head.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

There's an appropriate alpha in the library folder (Library/Body Parts/Alpha Masks/Headless Avatar), as well as a copy provided in the "Bonus" box that comes with the M4 head.

Yep! As with any mesh heads and bodies that aren't BoM compatible (the M4 Venus isn't except under very specific circumstances), you'll need to wear an alpha that covers your default body part.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.