Fave SL Photos of 2021

MrsSeren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow, according to my Flickr, I have taken 3 whole pictures in 2021.  Apparently that is what happens when you fall into a funk and really just don't give a crap about much of anything anymore.  I blame it all on Covid, which has made time totally unreal for me.  

Anyway, here are 2 of those 3.

Riding around Bellisseria on my new bike

Winter Swaginator Animesh Bears

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, according to my Flickr, I have taken 3 whole pictures in 2021.  Apparently that is what happens when you fall into a funk and really just don't give a crap about much of anything anymore.  I blame it all on Covid, which has made time totally unreal for me.  

Anyway, here are 2 of those 3.

Riding around Bellisseria on my new bike

Winter Swaginator Animesh Bears

Maybe not in the spirit of this thread (and if so someone let me know and I'll delete) but:

I won't give you a bunch of useless platitudes about "everybody having a hard time yadda yadda". I KNOW it doesn't help sometimes. I know it takes your own grief, and anxiety, and isolation and buries it under a useless communal "We"

So I'll just say - I'm so sorry this year has wrecked total havoc on your life, your will, and your activities. All of those things are outside forces, and they are all devastating, even if only one of them was happening. I think it's a merit and a sign of strength that you took any photos at all. Set 2021 on fire and don't look back if it helps.

Edited by BranScanlon
Spelling and such cause this is what you get when Bran types on his phone :(
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I like this raw shot that I just took minutes ago, I think it's gonna be my last shot for 2021, i logged off right after i took it:

Snapshot_18791.thumb.png.1d4043020bac2104a2653102afe96d96.png

If that's a dog's arse I'm looking at then that seems appropriate as far as 2021 went. But I'm staying behind until you all test 2022 before me, just in case. (Great photo by the way, love the lights, and the weather.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

According to Flickr, this one got the most clicks for the year:

Time to be a unicorn.

This portrait is the one I hate the least:

Another portrait

This one is one of my favorite party shots. It's not just because of Slendy. My friend is also in it; she's in the little dinosaur avatar trying to get a piece of his leg.

Slenderman_Fern_Greg.png.d2cb2b779e3c744

• Like 12

15 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

Wasn't really about what got most faves on Flickr, was more about what you liked as your fave shots you taken yourself in SL @Doris Johnsky

It's interesting though, to see which ones we like the best and what other people fave the most. I took a really quick and what I thought rubbishy shot once of santa's sleigh getting stuck in a tree. The lighting was bizarre, my graphics were on low, and yet that seemed quite popular with people. Maybe it was because my ugly avatar wasn't even in that one! o.O 

• Like 1

I created this studio interview room look for a new series on my YouTube channel. This is a YouTube preview photo, with all of the details in the description box, in my Flickr.

I really love the girl prop I found, looks as great as the photo ad. Feel it brings some depth to the environment.

If you'd like to know what it's about, you can click the link in my signature. The YouTube link is also provided there. :)

This was taken on NYE 2021.1350180951_YOUTUBEPREVIEW-SUBSCRIBEFORNEWSERIES.thumb.png.38641cdc06c30e0c1316c33b269207b2.png

• Like 5

On 1/13/2022 at 3:34 AM, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I created this studio interview room look for a new series on my YouTube channel. This is a YouTube preview photo, with all of the details in the description box, in my Flickr.

I really love the girl prop I found, looks as great as the photo ad. Feel it brings some depth to the environment.

If you'd like to know what it's about, you can click the link in my signature. The YouTube link is also provided there. :)

This was taken on NYE 2021.1350180951_YOUTUBEPREVIEW-SUBSCRIBEFORNEWSERIES.thumb.png.38641cdc06c30e0c1316c33b269207b2.png

There are some great 3D people props out there. I love this one - looks like Britney Spears from that "Whupps I did it again" video. 

(You can remove that hideous negative comment from that boy on Youtube. I've had similar troll-ish remarks occasionally from kids who don't get Second Life.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

It's been a year? Wait, it's been a year? What pictures did I actually take this... where did the time go... I guess overall I was a lot less active than I thought I was and only really uploaded about 10 pictures or so. Out of those, I think this is my favourite:

LUANE'S WORLD PHOTO CONTEST Spring 2021 - "Spring > Mood > Swing" #2

Made as a contest entry for Luane's World. I've sailed straight past the theme of spring - but still adore the shot. It was also a genuine struggle to take as my viewer kept crashing and I've had some weird alpha issues with the umbrella where it vanished in certain camera angles.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 4:12 AM, Marigold Devin said:

There are some great 3D people props out there. I love this one - looks like Britney Spears from that "Whupps I did it again" video. 

(You can remove that hideous negative comment from that boy on Youtube. I've had similar troll-ish remarks occasionally from kids who don't get Second Life.)

There are most definitely. It took me quite awhile to find a store on the marketplace that I liked the look of the statue props. Deby Frequency's store is called Disturbed. She creates all of her mesh props with full permissions, and at very low prices.

I'm not seeing any similarity in her face to Britney but she is a pretty girl statue. It's Oops I did it again. Whup is to strike a person.

Yeah, I could've removed the guy's comment and I'm pretty sure it's an older guy. I didn't want him to get away with bullying me, with thinking that is okay. I am also hoping it deters any other stranger to comment rudely. It's the first time I have gotten a terrible comment on my channel.

I usually get random comments praising my videos from gamer and video production channels, so they can have their channel looked at.

I hope you no longer experience rude comments on your channel.

Nal-Home-FS_023.thumb.jpg.0a12f5b9a328d7dd931239818829aa0c.jpg

In SL I can play with my look. The white hair and dark skin make for an exotic look.

Nal-Halloweeb-2021_010.thumb.jpg.851cf52b5288cd2508af686d58ed1a0c.jpg

Alas, Noggins is gone.

I like the picture. The big blond is sooo PC. The first to ask me in SL for my PRONOUNS. We are an oil and water mix...

Nal-Bike-BD_001.thumb.jpg.820ba1c56506da12fefe4a12a12ad90d.jpg

I like how this one came out.

Nal-Xmas-BD_001.thumb.jpg.a33b2337053c7f189c2f2fc89938c32d.jpg

I got this one when we doing ugly sweaters and Rowan was trying to say she could wear a sweater and it would be ugly...

Of the 485 shots I took I took in 2021 there are 30 that made it out to some place other than my hard drive. Of those these 4 are the ones I like.

Participating in the Looks Today thread has shifted me to taking more pictures of my self. I used to do more scenery and places shots.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.