Increase Prim Limit on Linden Land?

Orka Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a new land owner, I bought my land and have owned it for just under a year. It was good while it lasted and since I lost my job IRL, I am unable to pay the $100/mo rent to the parcel. I do however still keep premium and with that I have a premium home. I understand they are meant to be starter homes but at the same time, the prim allowance is very choked.. I was wondering if there would be a way we could have Linden or whoever, increase the prim limit.. 

As you can see below this is my Linden Home.. It's cute nice and quiet but I am afraid I wont be able to fill the house up for 3 floors90% of my house right now is empty because I have nothing left to put upstairs because of prim limits. I can't even put anything outside to have out there either because of prim limits. I'd personally say a limit of 1,000 is perfect for starter homes.. Not 300...

919a6fe0c348454e7199f8666487a69d.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yestothis said:

Just do your best and ignore the upper levels. Also, you can save prims by getting rid of your fence

I plan to get rid of it honestly, just haven't done it yet. But if I am going to be living here from now on and not paying rent, I believe LL can do better for the less fortunate of us that cant pay for land anymore..

I agree we need more prims. I don’t think they’ve ever tried to landscape one of the massive homes and also have a yard too. Regions used to be 15k prims or something like that, now it can be 30k. Who says it can’t be 40k? Who determines these limits? LL does. They don’t want to give you more prims, I believe the limits are deliberate to drive you crazy lol. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Orka Kiyori said:

I plan to get rid of it honestly, just haven't done it yet. But if I am going to be living here from now on and not paying rent, I believe LL can do better for the less fortunate of us that cant pay for land anymore..

The amounts of LI are fixed already as it would throw off the entire region's prim count.

However my suggestion is to learn about linking decorative items.  In many cases as you link mesh as well as regular prims together the LI count on those groups go down and you may very well find you can put a lot more on a Linden Home plot than you anticipated.  Before linking though make a copy of the items to be linked and then do a test link to see if the count does go down.  Sometimes it goes up.  And Just make sure you do not link hollow regular prims or sculpted prims in those links.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Orka Kiyori said:

Why would LL want to cater to the less fortunate? I mean this is entertainment and they are a business.

I managed to decorate, as have MANY others have on the 351 prim limit that the LL homes allow and that includes using add-ons.  Quite nicely in fact. I concentrated mostly on the bottom main living area and perhaps a bedroom. Do you really need to furnish a bathroom? 

I do feel for you that you lost your RL job but LL doesn't owe anyone, including the less fortunate, anything. If they did they would go bankrupt and then there would be no SL for any of us.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Orka Kiyori said:

I'm a new land owner, I bought my land and have owned it for just under a year. It was good while it lasted and since I lost my job IRL, I am unable to pay the $100/mo rent to the parcel. I do however still keep premium and with that I have a premium home. I understand they are meant to be starter homes but at the same time, the prim allowance is very choked.. I was wondering if there would be a way we could have Linden or whoever, increase the prim limit.. 

As you can see below this is my Linden Home.. It's cute nice and quiet but I am afraid I wont be able to fill the house up for 3 floors90% of my house right now is empty because I have nothing left to put upstairs because of prim limits. I can't even put anything outside to have out there either because of prim limits. I'd personally say a limit of 1,000 is perfect for starter homes.. Not 300...

919a6fe0c348454e7199f8666487a69d.jpg

It is hard but it can be done--I don't have a cabin but I do Victorians, and the two story Victorians are really hard to make work on 351 prims. I managed to do it and have some landscape too. If you want to see one I own and its top to bottom and also some garden work:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oleander/62/169/23

I also have some Doyles (which are smaller and easier to do on the prims) I like Doyles---LOL

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Highmarket/143/103/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Popinjay/85/80/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hyacinth/90/116/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carrollton Bay/122/148/23

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Orka Kiyori said:

As you can see below this is my Linden Home.. It's cute nice and quiet but I am afraid I wont be able to fill the house up for 3 floors90% of my house right now is empty because I have nothing left to put upstairs because of prim limits. I can't even put anything outside to have out there either because of prim limits. 

Peruse the various decorating threads in this forum.  Many, many, many folks have managed to decorate their entire Linden Home within the limits.  Additionally, many have even added expansions to their home and furnished those as well.  All it takes is being mindful of what you are using.  Things do not have to be high in LI in order to look nice.

55 minutes ago, Orka Kiyori said:

I'd personally say a limit of 1,000 is perfect for starter homes..

ROFL

You have truly been spoiled in your SLife so far - at least as far as prims/LI go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

While LL feels they are being quite generous giving Premium members a weekly stipend of $300L and a choice of homes we can call our Safe place, anything more would be far beyond what is Needed!

I agree with most here, we pay to receive the few premium differences we are after to help us in SL, least of our concerns have been the housing limitations; that is until the creative powers that be, were allowed to bring to premium members an awakening!!!  New domiciles! Neighborhoods, marinas, campgrounds, faerie vales and not only new designs but new areas for the types of homes members want to live in! WOW...

I have to say, when I saw the Victorian neighborhoods, the different houses... I had to have one! I walked around the block, I looked at other homes, I looked at how others chose to decorate and color their homes........ so there you have it!!!!

Now here we are.... premium members that once wouldn't bother with LL's "free" home.... are now taking notice! As they have now created the PARADE Of HOMES for Belliseria, showing Homes in Flickr on display as to how they are decorated, landscaped, furnished... ultimately Linden Labs has created the situation for themselves! There is barely enough prim allowance to furnish your home with seating, a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, childrens, guest room, or laundry room and then you have the yard! Given the yard is small, it is enough for a nice quaint hot tub or sauna, an extended deck for a bar-b-q area or if you like nature... a garden area for animals and flowers. That is unless there is a Homeowners Regulation Book that you must abide by when designing any home or yard that is owned by Linden labs.

I do hope that LL gets the hint and realizes that... Yes... we will spend money, buy more low prim furniture and landscape items to decorate our "homes" but dear lord, we do need a healthy increase in our prim limit to do so.... I am sure there are a number of people and overachievers that cannot wait to compete for the Parade of Homes Award !!!!

There problem is that there are only so many LI allowance per region. There are only two ways that LL could increase prim allowance on homes. 1) have less Linden Homes per region so that there is less homes to share the LI of the region (giving more LI to each home), or 2) increase the LI allowance per region.

TBH  I would be surprised if LL does either.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fix typo
  • Like 3

I have decorated that same exact linden log home style from top to bottom, inside and out with 351 LI. I can not deny that I would LOVE a LI increase, but1,000 is way too much. I can only imagine the lag 1,000LI worth of things on every parcel would cause.

The main thing to remember when working within a 351 LI limit is to not put out high LI things to begin with. As I go along, I link everything (but things with animations in it like your bed, couch, chairs, etc and sculpts together). This reduces the LI count on the things greatly. You will be shocked how many LI/prims you can clear up doing this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I have decorated that same exact linden log home style from top to bottom, inside and out with 351 LI. I can not deny that I would LOVE a LI increase, but1,000 is way too much. I can only imagine the lag 1,000LI worth of things on every parcel would cause.

The main thing to remember when working within a 351 LI limit is to not put out high LI things to begin with. As I go along, I link everything (but things with animations in it like your bed, couch, chairs, etc and sculpts together). This reduces the LI count on the things greatly. You will be shocked how many LI/prims you can clear up doing this.

We ask for 1000, maybe we get 500, hehehe :)

But probably nothing.

They did increase the prims though a few years ago--that was great :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Orka Kiyori said:

90% of my house right now is empty because I have nothing left to put upstairs because of prim limits.

You need to look at the land impact count of everything you are rezzing and see if you can slim down anywhere even if that means buying new low land impact items or experimenting with linking non animated objects which can reduce things. When I had that style of log home I was able to furnish all the floors plus have stuff outside and have Prims to spare.

351 Li is plenty enough to work with when you don't have to factor in the Li of a House. On my mainland I have approx half that to use on both a home and furnishings and still managed to decorate with Prims to spare just be grateful it's not the the old days when they would've been limited to 234 Li. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I can only imagine the lag 1,000LI worth of things on every parcel would cause.

^^ THIS

Lag is already horrid in some areas because of the crap mesh that some people rez -- crappy either because of being too complex and/or having too many textures that are typically higher resolution than they need to be.

• Like 3

Remember what Patch says:

(my interpretation of his meaning):
The Linden Homes are designed to be starter homes.  If they are not meeting your needs and you are wanting more (options, LI, etc..) there is a VAST SL world out there.  Many places to create your own perfect home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Linden Homes are starter homes I suppose, but they are also a premium benefit. I think paying premium members deserve more benefits for their money because to be honest, if I didn't use a Linden home I would downgrade my accounts (and have done just that in the recent past) and go back to a free account because the remaining benefits are not worth the cost to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Orka Kiyori said:

I suggest you spend a bit of time looking through this thread to see just what can be accomplished within a limit of 351 LI: (Apologies for the animated gif that I can't delete :( ) PS- Sorry about your job. PPS-  Some of the themes have a smaller home option among them, though unfortunately that's not the case with the log homes.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

The amounts of LI are fixed already as it would throw off the entire region's prim count.

Although if I remember correctly, LL did increase the LI of the old Linden Home parcels from 117 to 170 after several years. Not sure why/how they had that wiggle room, and it came as a complete surprise to me when I returned after not logging in for a while. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Although if I remember correctly, LL did increase the LI of the old Linden Home parcels from 117 to 170 after several years. Not sure why/how they had that wiggle room, and it came as a complete surprise to me when I returned after not logging in for a while. 

It is actually bumped to 175, but that was because they increased the base prim/LI amount for the entire Mainland.   Long, long ago all 512 parcels only got 117 LI/prims.  At some point - not even sure "when" now, the entire baseline of LI was increased.  So the old Linden Homes and the new 512 Camper Linden Homes all get 175 LI, which is what every 512 sqm parcel on the mainland gets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reasons why Linden Homes are not starter homes… 

1. Exclusive (premium) members only perk

2. Limited supply that money can’t buy. So you may have many accounts but will you land that dream home?

3. Controlled covenant with 9-5 concierge and support to fix when your house breaks or the neighbors break this rules

4. Is realistic. Has roads, community areas, rez zones, not all spaces have this in SL 

5. This is the most active land forum thread, and it’s members are not noobs but very old avatars, so it’s not for starter but for invested members

In conclusion, it’s time to stop calling them starter homes and call them what they are - the most exclusive homes money can’t buy. Prove me wrong. 

Edited by yestothis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.