In which way do you prefer to crash?

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

There are two ways we crash.

POIGNANT

Is the perpetual freeze where the viewer freezes and you know you're crashing and can't do anything about it. The peculiarity of this crashing model is very evident if you were talking to someone in voice. As you crash you will continue to hear others talking while you are relentlessly falling into reality and you can do nothing but listen to those voices that slowly recede. 

EXISTENTIAL  (rarer)

Is when simply in the blink of an eye the viewer disappears and you find yourself in front of your desktop suddenly. With the strange feeling that time and space did not exist until a moment before and you realize it only in that moment as if they are a surprising novelty.

If I can express my preference, I would say that I prefer the latter because it always gives me a certain feeling of sudden existential awareness that tickles the tip of my ears.
And you? In which way do you prefer to crash?

Thanks to Roling Loon I have to add a third model/experience that I had forgotten.

THE LONELY WALK TOWARDS THE SUNSET
It happens when you cross a sim and your avatar continues to walk endlessly towards the romantic sunset even if the viewer has disconnected from your connection.

Well when my secondlife crashes, I stare deeply into my screen, feeling as if I'm slowly slipping into madness.  After that, I grab specific scented candles I've bought for these kind of situations, and light them, placing them precisely 2 inches apart from each other in a circle around my monitor.  I put on the backstreet boys and listen to 'show me the feeling of feeling lonely" while slowly caressing a picture of my avatar inside a cold shower.  So I guess I do it a bit differently than you, but still get's the job done.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, blissfulbreeze said:

I prefer to crash and the bug splat thingy pops up. This way, I don't have to do ctrl alt delete from freezing up. It's a nice, clean way to die lol 😂

Yes I understand, you give it a quick cut, you are a pragmatist.
But when you have been captured by an evil graphic crasher launched by some warrior without honor you cannot do anything about it, the only thing left to do is to hold down that button to turn off the computer. 👹

I don't crash very often but when I do it's most likely to be the disconnect-on-teleport. I can sometimes escape it if I sense that the teleport loading screen is taking too long, but often I am too late, the screen goes grey and then with a ping, I'm gone.

Not rebooting my router often enough is probably the culprit, I have a bad habit of leaving it for weeks on end.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.