Is there such a thing as a dance floor that could override anyone and make them dance while on it?

MatchSticks McMahon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No i'm not looking for a dance ball or hud related items or even an animation for dancing. What I would like to know if there is such a dance floor that will automatically animate the person on it and override any animations. The idea I have actually was from a water script that makes sounds as you step on it / in it. Was wondering if the same thing can be applied to animations and I would definitely buy a script for that. Its to make it easier for people to dance rather than having to fumble through looking for a dance hud or looking for the dance ball.

Thank you for the reply Cinn, btw even with asking permissions, would there still be something like that?

1 answer to this question

No.  You cannot animate someone's avatar without asking their permission first.  If that were possible, the whole of SL would be boobytrapped with animations.  At a minimum the dance floor script has to ask permission to animate and the person has to agree.

--Cinn

Edited to answer: Yes you can script a dialog to pop up a menu and ask permission to animate based on someone stepping onto the dance floor.  Same technique that welcome mat greeters use.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.