Is the MP down? What is this message?

Talula Shippe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to make a 0L purchase on the marketplace tonight, and after several tries, I'm about to give up.  I tried on my new laptop, and on my phone, and neither will process the transaction.  I get to the cashier page and click to purchase, and get the spinning wheel for like, 5-10 minutes.  Eventually the transaction fails and I get this message:

image.png.1fd721bbfdb73445e3bd1c8ff178891d.png

The hell is going on?  Am I the only one?

16 minutes ago, Talula Shippe said:

Am I the only one?

You are not!

I've been getting the same message (even tried purchasing something on my alt, same results).  In world transactions seem fine though, so if the items you're trying to purchase are available in-world it might be time to go explore some stores?

Same problem, except they never delivered before they took down Tillia or whatever it was.  I tried to order twice because the first one never went thru, and they charged me for same order twice.  15 mins later they charged my account for both orders. Still no deliveries, and now I need to get a refund for the duplicate charges they put on my transactions.

61c77a1243bcf5b71c1a4896a895b877.png

72245bd1cdc863ddf496677ebc521fcc.png

And no deliveries yet

Dec 29, 2021
Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Dec 29, 21:19 PST
Investigating - We are investigating an issue with our billing systems that may be impacting Marketplace, Linden dollar, and other purchases. We will update this blog with more information and try to get your day back to normal as soon as possible.
Dec 29, 20:24 PST
----------------------------------------------

Resolved, but no merchandise delivered.  (:

Edited by Jaylinbridges

2 hours ago, Tatjana502 said:

Hi Talula. I get the same message on my display as you. I don't receive any of the items I actually bought, but my L$ is disappeared. Can I get a refund?

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Resolved, but no merchandise delivered.  🙂

Are the items you bought showing up in your order history? Have you tried getting them redelivered?

If they don't show up but your L$ was still taken, check your L$ transactions page on your account to see if it's recorded there. If the books don't match up, maybe submit a ticket? If it does have your MP purchases there, but on Marketplace it's not showing that you bought them, I'd try contacting the store owner(s) to let them know your situation and ask if they received the order & payment. If it shows up on their end, they should be able to do a redelivery for you! If not... well, back to submitting a ticket if they say they didn't receive anything. :/ That's all I can really think to do, hope you guys get your items!

1 hour ago, ogidairu said:

So after looking around the web, I found that you can also look at your linden transaction history. If you provide a screenshot and open an online ticket with second life, I think you may have a chance of being refunded, because from what I understand, the merchant did not receive the lindens you paid. 

Here is the link for the linden transaction history, if anyone needs it: https://secondlife.com/my/account/transactions.php?lang=en-US

Furthermore, you can submit an online ticket here: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I just saw this post on a similar thread, figured I'd share it here for the handy links. :) 

6 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Are the items you bought showing up in your order history? Have you tried getting them redelivered?

No they are not.

But they show up in transactions as money taken

MP is working now, so I had to order a third time

I'll let LL support work it out when they get back - they owe me $L94 since I only got one of the three orders, which are all identical and all copy items;

Edited by Jaylinbridges

@Jaylinbridges I have the same issue, except in my case it was unfortunately for substantially more. I tried multiple times to buy several items in my cart when the billing issues were on going. I wasn't aware at the time of the billing issue but was obviously aware something wasn't right after nothing was happening, but initially thought it may be my internet or browser having issues. This has unfortunately led to multiple transactions being placed against my account where the L$ were taken by the marketplace, but the items not delivered, nor crucially any history of the orders themselves being present on the marketplace.

I have submitted a ticket but not expecting a reply now until the new year. I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a war over a clear marketplace transaction issue, but we shall see. Got to give them a chance to take a look first. I've shared my ticket text below with my order number snipped from the text in case it helps others formulate a ticket (also missing the screenshots but believe me they show the issue as described quite plainly).

Best of luck to any similarly affected and I do hope the marketplace sellers don't have to get drawn into this, given they had no part in the issue.

Hello,

I recently attempted to purchase some items on the marketplace for which I have been charged the associated cost in lindens and had these deducted from my account, but the transactions were carried out multiple times (as in there were several duplicate transactions). I feared something was wrong as the marketplace never progressed past the 'buy now' stage, but I tried multiple times (hence explaining the duplicate transactions that came through about an hour or two later).

These transactions were carried out during the billing incident reported by yourselves here (https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/mmncnxs7d991), so the issue clearly coincides with that. Despite there being an audit trail of these transactions in my Transaction History page, I have no corresponding order recorded in the marketplaces "My Order History" page.

I have attached screenshots of my Transaction History page with the transactions that were performed but never recorded/delivered, and coinciding with that, a screenshot of My Order History page. Note that on this latter screenshot, as annotated, the last order that even appears here is <SNIP>, which was successful. The highlighted transactions do not even appear here as you can see.

I seek a refund in the L$ cost of these transactions since I never received the appropriate items or have the history in order to attempt a redelivery. Furthermore, the duplicate transactions were a result of an error with the billing system at the time as recorded on your status page, and not intentional on my part. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks,

• Like 1

Ya'll remind me of the people in the office that send print jobs over and over when the network printer doesn't print immediately.  I know it's a natural reaction to just try again, but I will never understand the screaming that occurs when the printer spits out multiple copies, one for each attempt made.

I hope you have better luck with your purchases.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

Ya'll remind me of the people in the office that send print jobs over and over when the network printer doesn't print immediately.  I know it's a natural reaction to just try again, but I will never understand the screaming that occurs when the printer spits out multiple copies, one for each attempt made.

If I just tried once, I still lost money, because the merchandise was never delivered, the first time (or the second time.)

The message that came back after I waited a minute was "There was a problem charging your Payment Method."  Why should that tell me to not try once more?

The problem persisted for an hour, and after 30 mins they announced there was a problem in Status.  

The items I ordered were time sensitive - being used for a New Years Eve Event later that day.  It's not like I should wait and try in a few days. 

And your printer que example is a poor one, because in this case we never got the merchandise at all - not that it was delayed in a que!!

But of course LL charged our accounts anyway.

Blame the customer - did you work in customer service?

Edited by Jaylinbridges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.