What will you do in 2022 ?

colleen Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

So, 2022 will be the year I learn Japanese. Well, start learning Japanese.

Go for it! I'm nowhere near proficient but I enjoy it so much. It feels amazing when you read hiragana and katakana and understand what it means!

There are really good YT channels that help explain the basics. Cure Dolly (weird presentations but AMAZING info), Japanese Ammo With Misa and Yuko Sensei are great. I also like Miku Real Japanese, but she is still far too advanced for me! :$ Also, I'm not a cleverclogs and just do it when I find time, lol, so if you prioritise it, you will probably come much further than you expect! I think nothing beats real practice with someone from Japan, though. 

• Like 7

On 12/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, BjorJlen said:

Well in RL I am doing something I have never done before in my life, and that is going to College! I am going for both a Associate of Arts & Sociology Degree's (both separately atm), and while I am 55yo and nervous, I am also very excited about it to.

Congratulations Bjor, I wish you every success in this endeavour! It’s never too late to learn something new, and with this being a topic dear to your heart, I can see you succeeding and enjoying the process.

In vet med we are required to take (at least) 4 courses a year, either in our specialty or in something different. It’s always exciting for all of us, and some of my colleagues and mentors are close to retirement and still looking forward to that.

When you need respite from your studies you know where to find us. If there’s anything I can help with reach out in world! I’m no sociologist but if there’s anything biology related you know where to find me! 🤗🤗

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2021 at 2:53 PM, BranScanlon said:

Well, out in the non-digital world I am making a huge change. Not just a new job but (potentially) an entirely new career. Which is, as always a little terrifying but also it's kind of nice to be reminded I can still be a little terrified at my age.

Which will of course force me to restructure my life, something I couldn't quite seem to do on my own, working from home or being unemployed. I'm hoping (very much hoping) that it will only help improve a lot of other aspects of my life by giving back a little structure and 

Congratulations Bran, a new job is always an exciting and also at times scary move. I wish you every success and hope you find the path to a new career you will enjoy.

Having a regular job does change one’s life patterns, you need to get up and go to bed at a certain time to be functional and structure your day around it. So if that helps you, I hope it will give you the structure you need. Routine is great for some of us, it gives fixed points throughout the day, like a framework you can build the rest of your life on. Best wishes to you! 🤗🐱

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm in the middle of an attempt to lose weight (little over 10 kg are already gone) I hope to continue that over the length of 2022 and end up somewhere between 100-90 kg at the end of 2022. And then the last kilos in 2023.
If you wondered: Yes I'm obese (big time).

• Like 14

I'm looking into moving house...away from the big city and to a small town in the middle of nowhere on the other island.  Might as well since I lost my job and have nothing really keeping me here anymore.  Plus I have never been one for big cities anyway and if I do get the house I want I can get more cats!!!!

• Like 13

Gotta say I love some of the plans you all have made for next year (and yes, there IS a difference between making future plans and making New Year Resolutions as I am sure many of you know). It warms my heart to hear such positive ones coming from many of you. :) Its good to make plans, though myself I tend to only make small ones (starting College is the only real big one I have made in a long ass while), but thats ok because many such baby steps make one big step (for mankind? lol).
   And Krystina thank you so much for your kind support and offer even. Some people don't think being a vet is such a big deal or really all that hard to learn, but knowing friends who have been vet's before I can tell you for a fact that, that is so wrong. In fact, in some ways it can be harder then being a Doctor because while Doctors can be amazing and do psudo miracles for us poor humans and have a LOT to learn before they can become Dr's, they only deal with ONE species, and not multiple ones like you vets deal with. So big time respect for you Krystina, seriously. 👍
   Though unfortunately for us LittleMe, the world will no longer return to normal as we knew it... for many reasons, not the least of which is that it was never "normal" to begin with as that is basically a relative term that we apply to our lives that we once were comfortable and adjusted to in a positive meaningful way we could identify with. And as creepy as the picture Aiyumei posted at the top of the page (stop staring at me you!!! 😋), the message is spot on. Improvise, adapt, overcome, which was best said in the movie Heartbreak Ridge I feel. But don't feel too bad about it... because it can always be worse... :D

Peace...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Go for it! I'm nowhere near proficient but I enjoy it so much. It feels amazing when you read hiragana and katakana and understand what it means!

There are really good YT channels that help explain the basics. Cure Dolly (weird presentations but AMAZING info), Japanese Ammo With Misa and Yuko Sensei are great. I also like Miku Real Japanese, but she is still far too advanced for me! :$ Also, I'm not a cleverclogs and just do it when I find time, lol, so if you prioritise it, you will probably come much further than you expect! I think nothing beats real practice with someone from Japan, though. 

I started last year with the Japanese, having learned here and there a few terms from events in SL and tenants and various creators. But the YouTube video was just too daunting and I gave it up. 

• Like 3

Like Bjor Jlen, I seek the relevant education and recognition to find my "proper place" in the world.
Some ancestors were assayers of precious metals.
I must have this formal qualification.
(purely for quality assurance of my work and my own personal justification).
I don't care how long it takes to acquire, I also don't care how many disciplines I must attain a masters degree in.
(3 as I understand it).
I also always wanted to be a "Scribe" and an "Alchemist" 😆
I have been employed as a government acknowledged Scribe for ten years +. (part of my day job official description).
As for being an Alchemist? The public can be the judge of that. ☺️   

• Like 4

On 12/29/2021 at 4:29 PM, BjorJlen said:

Well in RL I am doing something I have never done before in my life, and that is going to College! I am going for both a Associate of Arts & Sociology Degree's (both separately atm), and while I am 55yo and nervous, I am also very excited about it to. I am going for these degree's to not only help myself with my own medical issues, but also so that I might be able to help others in need as well as well all need a little support and care, right? :)
   As far as SL goes, well to be honest I haven't got a clue. Maybe find a smart, nice, funny, caring lady with a rockin avatar to spend my days & cold nights with... oh wait, maybe I need a cat instead? 😋 You tell me lol...

Bjor, it is exciting and inspiring to see you taking steps towards college! You are an amazing person, and throwing yourself into your studies will pay off, not only by bettering yourself, but also by helping others who might be in need. I'd like to wish you plenty of success in this new chapter of your life. All the best in 2022 and beyond!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.