What will you do in 2022 ?

colleen Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, out in the non-digital world I am making a huge change. Not just a new job but (potentially) an entirely new career. Which is, as always a little terrifying but also it's kind of nice to be reminded I can still be a little terrified at my age.

Which will of course force me to restructure my life, something I couldn't quite seem to do on my own, working from home or being unemployed. I'm hoping (very much hoping) that it will only help improve a lot of other aspects of my life by giving back a little structure and routine.

Here in the world of a rumpled neko who can never seem to keep his mouth shut? *grins* I'd like to get out more to things. Non-adult related events like readings or discussions. That sort of thing

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Well in RL I am doing something I have never done before in my life, and that is going to College! I am going for both a Associate of Arts & Sociology Degree's (both separately atm), and while I am 55yo and nervous, I am also very excited about it to. I am going for these degree's to not only help myself with my own medical issues, but also so that I might be able to help others in need as well as well all need a little support and care, right? :)
   As far as SL goes, well to be honest I haven't got a clue. Maybe find a smart, nice, funny, caring lady with a rockin avatar to spend my days & cold nights with... oh wait, maybe I need a cat instead? 😋 You tell me lol...

Peace...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Well in RL I am doing something I have never done before in my life, and that is going to College! I am going for both a Associate of Arts & Sociology Degree's (both separately atm), and while I am 55yo and nervous, I am also very excited about it to. I am going for these degree's to not only help myself with my own medical issues, but also so that I might be able to help others in need as well as well all need a little support and care, right? :)  

That is super exciting! I wish you all the best with your studies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

That is super exciting! I wish you all the best with your studies.

Thank you, thank you Stephanie, I feel the same way. My first day begins on Jan 10th, and boy am I gonna need all the best wishes considering my addled mind and all lol... :D

Peace...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BjorJlen said:

As far as SL goes, well to be honest I haven't got a clue. Maybe find a smart, nice, funny, caring lady with a rockin avatar to spend my days & cold nights with... oh wait, maybe I need a cat instead? 😋 You tell me lol...

Peace...

55 is NOT old ! I am sure you will do great things ! Good luck1 :). I have a cat btw and she's a diva.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Ask anyone how quickly they blew the 2021 resolutions they made. Oh well, by that you already know i'm gonna ask you, so confess why don'tcha :) 

I don't make resolutions . For me this year I will be focused on homeschooling again and hoping to gracefully survive all the *new norms*. 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

55 is NOT old ! I am sure you will do great things ! Good luck1 :). I have a cat btw and she's a diva.

Well maybe Colleen; 55 isn't really old I suppose (thank you very much for the positive comments), but as they say, on a car its not the age that counts, its the miles. And on some days I feel like this lol...
mauf-fall-apart.gif

And I so LOVE cats too... :D

Peace...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I am very sorry to hear that Vanessa, but at least you got a simple answer for this thread for now. Get plenty of rest, get healthy, and know we will always be here encouraging you to let your SL free flag fly. :) And then once your better, you can make new and even better plans... 👍

Peace...

• Like 4

I'm scared I'll jinx it if I say yet...but expecting a big change that's making me excited but also quite nervous :/

And I will be learning to drive, so might finish 2022 owning my first ever car 😎

But like Maitimo said, a lot depends on Covid...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I'm not sure. Making plans has become so difficult in the last two years. My highlights in 2021 were whatever new and shiny arrived from online shopping... for the most part. I'm already feeling like one of those bird species, that likes to build elaborate nests. Just as Maitimo said, I'm starting to think 2022 will be just the same. But I want to try to get back into crafting costumes. I still have two unfinished ones from 2019 lying around...

In SL I will be having premium membership till the end of next year, so I will probably switch around home & houses a couple of times and follow my passion for decorating. Maybe I can manage to visit a couple more Belliseria events.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for starting this thread, Colleen. I was feeling really grim, have been so run down lately which has affected my physical health a little bit (just ear infections and eczema flare ups, only minor things in the big scheme of things), but already I feel much stronger and hopeful for 2022 after reading everyone's posts. 

Rat Luv, you'll do great with your driving, I am sure. You''ve got a positive mental attitude and if you can afford to run a car it will start a whole new way of life for you.

Vanessa, please rest as much as you can while you can.

Bjor, (see my signature line), we learn something new every day until we die. You will meet some amazing people while you learn, and find some niche cafes no doubt in the process (I know I did!). Remember though that it's not a race, keep to your own pace, and if on some days you don't feel like doing anything towards your course work, allow yourself to pull back, because then you will be ready to go again the next day with brand new enthusiasm.  

Echelon and Matty, I feel the same, that 2022 will be a continuation of 2021, and will be doing what I feel is best for me and my brother (my brother and I!) as I continue to provide most of his care to try and keep him living independently as possible, based on scientific evidence and common sense.  

Randall ... unless I win the big one on the premium bonds. I did laugh at your post, but you might have been being serious. So good luck with that!

CaithLynn, I DID keep my 2021 resolutions, but I didn't make any unrealistic ones. It was just to not put any more weight on (I lost about half a stone without trying, just through walking a lot more), and to de-clutter one bag every couple of days. Places are looking much tidier and the charity shop is well-stocked!

One day we will all look back at these covid years and wonder how we got through them, and we WILL get through them if we don't allow ourselves to be pushed back into "normal" before we really should. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.