Is it a violation of the TOS in any way to leave a bad review about sims in your picks?

Cheeky Shenanigans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Seems like an odd place to put a negative review/opinion of a sim, but I think as long as its clearly an opinion you should be fine. I would just make sure nothing could be claimed or reported as defamatory or slander/libel, so try and steer clear of accusations and focus on your own thoughts and feelings.

I feel like it will ultimately come down to the language and phrasing you use when expressing your negative review, so it's always safe to frame it in a way that explains how everything made you personally feel.

• "I hate this place, the owners made me feel really uncomfortable, I cannot recommend it." 
    ^^^^^ I feel like this would probably be fine and not get you in trouble.
  • "I hate this place, the owners are horrible people, they're creepy and I'm almost certain they're serial killers. They tried to stalk me irl and eat my first born child."
    ^^^^^ Probably AR-worthy. 🤣
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sapphire Starlight said:

I am curious and want to know. Will my account be terminated if I left a bad review about a sim in my profile picks? 

Why waste a pick by making a bad review part of your virtual identity and carrying it around everywhere you go.

Put some space between yourself and the bad experience,  put somewhere you love in your picks.

• Like 5

Just preface any negative comments with "in my opinion".

LL would consider it a resident to resident dispute, also.  

I imagine if they thought it could be considered libel, they could simply remove it and issue a warning?  Hardly an offense worthy of account termination.

I've seen plenty of profiles with negative remarks concerning places AND people.  Those profiles are still around.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Why waste a pick by making a bad review part of your virtual identity and carrying it around everywhere you go.

Put some space between yourself and the bad experience,  put somewhere you love in your picks.

I think this is good advice.  If you carry negative energy around with yourself, you will attract more of the same.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.